Size 12, You're Fat!

Guest blogger MILF Mommy thinks you're fat.

size_12_is_fat_c.jpg

I am sick and tired of hearing that it's OK to be a size 12. I understand that this is the average weight of women in the United States, but since when does average make everything OK? Here's some low-cal food for thought...

1. You're not as cute as you could be. Being a size 12 is neither healthy nor is it attractive. Ask any man (in private) if he'd prefer that his size 12 wife lose weight and he'd say, "YES!"

2. You're lying about feeling good. Any woman who says she'd rather be a size 12 than a size 6 is lying. Think about it. Have you ever met someone who has lost weight who regrets it? Does anyone ever say, "I hate how I look in this sexy dress with my toned arms"? Or, "I preferred it when I had a muffin top belly and huge thighs"?

3. Stop pretending you are on a diet. I'm also sick of these size 12 women pretending that they do everything possible, but just can't lose the weight. That's impossible. If you really exercised 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and ate the recommended 1800 calories a day, you wouldn't be a size 12. So stop pretending. And FYI -- it defeats the purpose if you eat salads for every meal that are covered in bacon and blue cheese dressing.

4. Thin people aren't lucky -- they work harder than you. I work very hard to be a size 4. It's difficult, but I always find the time to work out. I also make many food sacrifices. I would love to eat baked ziti for lunch and get dessert after every meal. I'd also be thrilled to drink a beer! But, sometimes in life you have to give things up in order to gain something bigger.

5. Stop using genes as a crutch. I get it. Sometimes it's harder for people to eat well and exercise than it is for others--being heavy may run in your family, you may have had an issue way back when. The same goes for people who do drugs, but it doesn't make it OK that they are addicts.

This may sound harsh, but you are doing a disservice to our children. I don't want my daughters under the delusion that life will be easy as a chunky person. It's harder to get work, find a husband and even walk up stairs. It's also a good way to decrease your life expectancy. It seems to be taboo to discuss this epidemic too loudly, but I think it's time we start.

Related Galleries

next: Is Sunscreen Dangerous for Kids?
Anne December 23, 2009, 6:41 PM

Who do u think you are saying size 12 is fat? Are you insane?! Stupidness!!

Anne December 23, 2009, 7:03 PM

You stupid stupid person!!!!!!!!

Amy January 28, 2010, 11:05 AM

You’re just full of Bull Milf. May I point out that size 6 is in fact disgusting? Where is your curves? I’m sure you won’t have any. I’m a size 10 standing at 5’5, I love my size, I admit my thighs are bigger than all my friends, but they’re all size 6/8, and, sorry to break it to you, but my BF prefers me, truthfully. I’m sick of you all calling people bigger than you fat, thinking you’re the normal ones, but when really, you’re the one who should become a real woman with real curves. So shut up, stop making people feel bad, because size 12 is beautiful. If I was a guy, I wouldn’t Milf you.

The Fat Girl March 5, 2010, 8:33 AM

I’m just saying, that’s completly rediculas. yeah i know i’m heavy, but i have that thyroid issue, and i’ve been working for the past year and i’ve only lost 3 pds. so don’t give me any crap that we aren’t working hard enough, b/c you’ll see me 4 days a week next to all the skinny girls at the gym. oh and by the way a size 6 makes me look sick…no joke at a size 6 i look like i have an eating disorder. so you can’t compare all of us to you. we’re all built different. inside and out. so get over yourself, and eat a cookie!!! oh and i’ll say one last thing, i’m might be bigger than you but I’m happy with my life, my marriage, my job. can you say the same?

Richard March 25, 2010, 12:10 AM

wow~ this article (which seems quite reasonable to me)has inspired so much vitriol and bile some women….
But I mean, her point is valid~ the same women that think its ok to be size 12, they all still want to date the guy with big arms and strong chest, don’t they? Face it: for women, slim is sexy.. (whereas muscles maketh the man). Size 12 is too fat for most women (unless they’re 5’11/6’ tall)~ why get so angry? just avoid sweet foods and go for an hour walk/jog everyday. If you are doing those 2 things and you are still a size 12, then you can claim to have a normal healthy body shape.

Esme April 30, 2010, 12:49 PM

Size 12 doesn’t have to be overweight or unhealthy. Seeing as the first argument brought to me in this article is false, I feel no need to take the rest of it seriously.

FearNotProgress May 1, 2010, 11:30 AM

As blunt and insensitive as this article may be, we cannot deny the fact that an average American is overweight. Sure, a size doesn’t dictate how healthy you are, but please keep in mind that Marilyn Monroe’s size 12 of 1958 is a size 6/8 now. And a size 12 now would have been a size 16 half a decade ago which was considered a plus size. We’re getting larger and larger as a society.

Rae May 9, 2010, 3:51 PM

I get hit on all the time….I’m a size 10/12. You are dumb LOL

hahaha May 10, 2010, 8:37 PM

you are seriously maladjusted :(

Rachel May 31, 2010, 10:13 PM

I am a size 12 and I am proud of it! I am not fat, no one has ever called me fat in my life and I do not look fat. I eat healthy and I am the perfect size for my height. It sounds as if the person who wrote this artical is insecure with herself, since she has to put others down for being a SIZE 12!!! Especially since size has no substance to it, so you can’t really defend your argument with it. I mean height and weight go hand in hand. So this leaves me with this thought, WTF is your problem, you need to get a life rather than bring others down!!! I feel sorry for you kids and it wouldn’t surprise me if they developed some type of eating disorder. Trust me my mother put me on a diet when I was eight years old, and I developed anorexia. I ended up fainting on an every day basis, and I lost a lot of hair. Do you want your kids to go through what I did, low self esteem and a possible eating disorder to result? I got to a size eight and it looked like I was in a concentration camp. I am tall, I have hips, a tiny waist and big breast. Do you honestly expect me to fit into a size other than 12! Even Marilyn Monroe was a size 16, she was absolutly stunning! My husband LOVES my Body, I LOVE my body and you should love your too.

guest July 8, 2010, 9:03 PM

I’m a size 8. I have absolutely no desire to lose weight, and I’m absolutely in love with my curves and the way my body looks. I beg to differ! My parents have been together for 25 years, my mom’s a size 16, and my dad loves her body. I believe that the most important thing isn’t what size someone is, it’s whether or not they are comfortable with themselves. And people come in all shapes and sizes. You can’t expect everyone to look as “perfect” as you do. And by the way, everyone has a different standard of “perfect”. You shouldnt assume that every man (or woman’s) opinion of the perfect body is the same. If you seriously feel the need to call people fat to make yourself feel better, I really feel sorry for you. You’re the one being the bad role model for your daughters, not the “chunky” people.

David July 11, 2010, 12:07 AM

LOL

A lot of butthurt fatties in here.

The truth hurts. Just let it soak and you’ll come to terms with it.

cucumberFTW July 16, 2010, 2:27 AM

I must say, it is annoying to hear you ramble about being a size 12 as “fat”. At the same time, I find it very irksome how ALL of you chew her out by saying, “It’s wonderful being a size 12! I’m so healthy, you’re so not because you’re a size 4… I eat blah, blah and had blah, and I feel SOOO happy. Look deep inside you, size 4, are you really happy?….” *sigh*

Really guys, we should all just forget about sizes and weight (I know some of you mentioned it’s whats on the inside that counts :D so relax)

Mel July 31, 2010, 5:01 PM

This article is absolutely disgusting.
What on Earth do you think this is saying to girls my age? (I am 13).
I am comfortable in my body. If you have a problem, go cry to your size four dresses, because CLEARLY they’re the most important thing in your life.
Also, hey, if you make fun of people’s weight and confidence, YOU’RE OBNOXIOUS! Congrats.

Nicole August 8, 2010, 8:50 AM

I’m a 6 and aiming for a 4. OP is right, fat people are just lazy. And you are all full of excuses. I have the “fat gene” too and I have no problem being a 6. It just means stop eating chips and fried and hit the gym.

I love how all the people complaining are fat. Get over yourselves and lose oh… like 50 pounds.

shanna August 9, 2010, 8:29 AM

I’m 5’6 and a size 12 is not fat! I don’t have any rolls hanging out. My body is perfect to me.
I use to weigh 140. When I was 140 there were things I didn’t like about my body. I hated wearing tight jeans I felt like my legs were sticks. There were also advantages like being able to wear basically anything.
But to say a size 12 is fat NO! it really depends on your height and maybe you built.

A. Man August 22, 2010, 12:21 PM

I like how she says she would like to drink a beer sometime but can’t, or would like to not work out all the time, but has to “keep working.” Sounds like a date from hell in the works.

I’ll take a girl who’s a size 12 who can drink a beer and have a good time over a size 4 who imagines a global conspiracy in the works to keep everyone from looking like she does.

Sarah September 25, 2010, 6:52 PM

You sound like a very unhappy woman. If a woman who is a size 12 (like me) is happy (again like me) than how is that any of your business? To say that all women who are plus sized are unhappy is a rather incongruous statement. Those who make statements like these just go to show how unhappy they are with themselves.(foxymama this goes for you too). I wish you the best in finding happiness.

Cassy October 8, 2010, 8:21 AM

HAHAHA! You talk about self confidence? Coming from the ‘woman’ who has to write a huge blog to be seen by hundreds of people justifying herself.

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 2:13 PM

I am grateful to come across this post.