Size 12, You're Fat!

Guest blogger MILF Mommy thinks you're fat.

size_12_is_fat_c.jpg

I am sick and tired of hearing that it's OK to be a size 12. I understand that this is the average weight of women in the United States, but since when does average make everything OK? Here's some low-cal food for thought...

1. You're not as cute as you could be. Being a size 12 is neither healthy nor is it attractive. Ask any man (in private) if he'd prefer that his size 12 wife lose weight and he'd say, "YES!"

2. You're lying about feeling good. Any woman who says she'd rather be a size 12 than a size 6 is lying. Think about it. Have you ever met someone who has lost weight who regrets it? Does anyone ever say, "I hate how I look in this sexy dress with my toned arms"? Or, "I preferred it when I had a muffin top belly and huge thighs"?

3. Stop pretending you are on a diet. I'm also sick of these size 12 women pretending that they do everything possible, but just can't lose the weight. That's impossible. If you really exercised 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and ate the recommended 1800 calories a day, you wouldn't be a size 12. So stop pretending. And FYI -- it defeats the purpose if you eat salads for every meal that are covered in bacon and blue cheese dressing.

4. Thin people aren't lucky -- they work harder than you. I work very hard to be a size 4. It's difficult, but I always find the time to work out. I also make many food sacrifices. I would love to eat baked ziti for lunch and get dessert after every meal. I'd also be thrilled to drink a beer! But, sometimes in life you have to give things up in order to gain something bigger.

5. Stop using genes as a crutch. I get it. Sometimes it's harder for people to eat well and exercise than it is for others--being heavy may run in your family, you may have had an issue way back when. The same goes for people who do drugs, but it doesn't make it OK that they are addicts.

This may sound harsh, but you are doing a disservice to our children. I don't want my daughters under the delusion that life will be easy as a chunky person. It's harder to get work, find a husband and even walk up stairs. It's also a good way to decrease your life expectancy. It seems to be taboo to discuss this epidemic too loudly, but I think it's time we start.

Related Galleries

next: Is Sunscreen Dangerous for Kids?
Sarah L August 11, 2008, 2:58 PM

The eating habits of the WHOLE COUNTRY are to BLAME if anyone is!!
How about you get some REAL facts before you start taking your superiority out on everyone that doesn’t meet your ideal and perfect model of a real “person”.

How about you take some time to educate yourself about how poor the American diet is and how deficient in nutrients our soils are so the crops that are raised in them CANNOT provide the nutrients that they could even 50 yrs ago.

How about you research the artificially LOW US R D A (Recommended Daily Allowances)that our “government” recommends we comsume daily and learn that those “Allowances” are kept that low because no one can afford an adequate diet even with those levels of nutrients and if they raised them——then the food stamp allotments for households would go up too much—don’t want to feed them poor people too much do we now? We just want to throw them a token bone—to chew on—they just don’t get to swallow!.

The food stamp allotments are tied to the USRDA. AND to get the USRDA now the average household income would have to be so high to support that much intake that few can actually afford it all!

How about you learn the FACTS about how stress affects the human body—scientists can tell you ALL about it EXACTLY! But then something gets LOST in the application of that knowledge because idiots (& most scientists included)somehow just FAIL to REALIZE that those studies that they’ve been doing and spent YOUR TAX DOLLARS in the forms of Grants & financial aid to educate them etc.. APPLY RIGHT NOW to explain how and why so many Americans are so “weighty.”

These studies (in the hundreds by now) results are EXPLANATIONS and FACTS about the effects of stress which result in weight gain. They are not just some pie-in-the-sky, ephemeral, theoretical, doesn’t really apply to life, doubtful, conclusions of a “splinter nut-case group” or cult.
These are facts that the REAL nut-cases in this country are doing their best to ignore. Even an alcoholic CANNOT DO anything their problem until they admit it is a problem. Likewise about the American diet.

Nothing will really be DONE until scientists get the cahoneys to stepup and say—hey this is why and with an extremely deficient diet, there is no other possible outcome.

Add in the emotional stress that comes of living in a society where it’s OKAY to pick on fat people (because it’s just not PC to pick on any other group anymore) and you’ve got a sure-fire infallable recipe for fat Americans.

I know people NEED to feel superior to SOMEONE so it might as well be “fat people” right? How about you just look inside and work on yourself and you won’t need to “pick on” or feel “superior” to anyone anymore?
Or how about you just make a bonfire with your computer—it would be put to better use and we wouldn’t have to be exposed to your socially-sanctioned abuse—which has NEVER made a “fatty” lose ANY weight yet!
Find out for yourself how depleted our diets and soils and even livestock is of nutrients that God originally intended to be there.

Find out how stress affects you——the scientists know. It makes you fat—and depressed. Do not spend another penny on a get-skinny-quick scheme that will only deplete your wallet.
In this life—you gotta help yourself(and LOVE yourself—no one in THIS society is going to do much more than run you down for being overweight because it is not
“politically correct” (PC) to pick on other social groups anymore. But it is okay to pick on fat people—it is socially-sanctioned.

That just burns me up—smug skinny creeps that feel they have the right to pick on ME?!?!? just because they think their lower weight makes them superior?—NOT! They are gonna die too—with “skinny-people” diseases! Just look at the skinnys that have keeled over and died —supposedly in their “prime”!!!!!

Don’t ANY “fat” people waste another MINUTE feeling bad about yourself—EVERYONE has problems—some “problems” just “show” more than others. The skinnys have issues that they are covering up by denying themselves food!—Dat’s de FACTS-Jack!

The only thing I would add to this is the FACT that there are only 3% of Americans that can actually live like you see in the movies—upper-class.
Then there is the middle class which has just enough money to keep jumping through the hoops that is foisted on them by an Oh-so-caring Congress among other politically driven machinery.

The majority of people in this country ARE poor people—which everyone “knows” but would like to forget. The “BUSY” middle class and the poor can afford little “extra”——-EXCEPT for “fast-food.” It is the only thing that is consistently “affordable.”
How much does it cost to go anywhere and DO anything anymore?????
Sports arenas and events are ludicrously priced—-so high priced that I’ve never been able to afford to attend a “Major-League” sporting event of any kind!!!

Getting kids “ACTIVE” and involved in sports teams is so expensive anymore that it is prohibitive as well.

But McDonalds is FAST and CHEAP and right around the corner!!!

So any of you SMUG self-righteous skinny creeps that denigrate those who are not the same shape and size as yourselves——go buy stock in fast-food restaurant chains and SHUT UP!!
The price of gas and the increases in the cost of living ie…utilities, clothes, etc… not to mention having to pay for our corrupt little “President’s” war——will GUARANTEE you a hefty profit—because Fast-Food will be all that we can afford!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Oh and one more thing————-kiss my well-rounded grits!

REAL Woman, REAL Mom August 11, 2008, 3:03 PM

First, I’m surprised something this stupid and rediculous made it on to the website. Now,FACT IS: everyone has different body types, sizes, and structure. I’m 5’7”, 140 lbs. and wearing a size 12. I am not fat, don’t have a muffin top waist, or cellulite on my legs. My bone structure is such that my hips are wider and I require a bigger size. NO WAY can I ever fit into size 4 anything. So “MILF Mommy” - shut the hell up and know what you’re talking about before you write prejudice crap like this. And here’s a suggestion for you: try spending less time in the gym and more time with your kids!! REAL people, REAL women, and REAL Mommies don’t spend every day at the gym. We get our exercise at the parks with our kids - pushing them on swings, playing kick ball, climbing on the bars, swimming, playing tag and hide-n-seek, going for walks and dancing with them to silly songs. I feel sorry for your daughter with such a horribly inadequate role model such as yourself. I’m sure we’ll see her on the next “dangerously skinny anorexic teens” Oprah show. Yeah, Good Job MILF!!

noel August 11, 2008, 3:07 PM

Size 12 is perfectly fine by me. In fact, I don’t like women too thin. Models, for example, are a group in which I don’t find many bodies I like.

But that’s just me. I have friends who love the skinny shape of several actresses and models. It’s just a matter of taste.

—A guy.

Edith August 11, 2008, 3:49 PM

So, to which Medical school did you go again???? I mean, who do you think you are to say that size 12 is not healthy. That is just your ignorance speaking.

According to the medical standards, when I am on my right weight for my height and age …guess what size I am?? A 12!

Why??? Because I have curves, that is why! On a size 12 I look really slim. And I look great on a bikini. And there are many husbands and boyfriends after me, so you don’t even know what a guy likes. I am a decent woman, so I don’t play around with other women’s men, not because I can’t, but because it’s not right.

So what? Should I go tell my Dr. that because you say so I am going to go under my weight because I can not be a size 12?? You are totally out of your mind.

Size is not what determines if you are overweight, or unhealthy. Don’t be such an ignorant.

Renee' August 11, 2008, 4:20 PM

Such a shame that you consider a 12 as fat, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 and she was beautiful. Sounds to me like you need to get a life and you should stop calling yourself a MILF you might get into some trouble with that kind of name. Enjoy your skinny self and your delusional way of thinking. I pray you gain weight and join the rest of the world and reality.

Sandi August 11, 2008, 4:24 PM

This is humorous to me…

My sister is a size 0, has been all her life, and has tried, all her life, to be larger and healthier…I am on the other end of the spectrum…and you know what? We are both amazing mothers.

My husband is the guy that everyone wanted, the hot guy, THE guy…and he is in love with me with every part of his being…regardless of size…but that just says that he’s not shallow…

As far as teaching our children to be healthy…I totally agree…that is very important…as is teaching them respect, tolerance, compassion and to not be judgmental…

oh and one other lesson for our children…if you don’t have something nice to day…don’t say anything at all…

So instead of pointing out how any intelligent, valid points Ms. MILF may have had have gotten lost in her less than respectable rampage, or how everyone who seems to totally agree has a name like foxy momma or MILF and makes me think I know why it doesn’t say ‘best loved mom’ or ‘most wonderful person’….I’m going to just not say anything at all. :)

Have a great day!

dragonfly49 August 11, 2008, 4:58 PM

This woman is dillusional. A few years ago I was between a size 8 and a size 10. I really got sick and tired of everyone asking me if I was sick or anorexic. Finally gained weight, am a size 12, look and feel great.

Michelle August 11, 2008, 6:02 PM

Ignorant,shallow people like you make me sick…

tracey c August 11, 2008, 8:22 PM

I am a size 12 and I am teaching my daughter to love herself no matter what. To not let ignorant people dictate how she lives her life. You need to get a life and stop worrying about what other mothers are doing. Considering what you call yourself, you are all about your looks. yeah, great thing to teach your daughter. looks fade honey.

SEXYMOMY August 11, 2008, 8:35 PM

WELL HERE IS WHAT I THINK YOU NEED 2 KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT !!! I ALREADY DONT LIKE YOU :) BUT YOU SAYING THAT ABOUT PEOPLE IS JUST DOWN RIGHT F@#$%^& RUDE KISS THIS GIRLS A$$ !!!!

VALERIE August 11, 2008, 9:14 PM

you’re sick and pathetic. I used to be a size 6 was never smaller than that, now I’m a size 12 and do you know what? I couldn’t be happier about my size now. I am COMFORTABLE with myself. And that to me means a h*ll of a lot more to me than your dumb a**ed opinion. You are the reason for little girls growing up with eating disorders and going under the knife to have their bodies “perfected” Get over yourself you sick psycho B*TCH.

gragusa@mail.com August 11, 2008, 10:05 PM

I wonder why this women is finding it necessary to discuss what feel right for other people? Is she so disgusted with her self, that she feels people don’t get the idea of eating less and working out? There are many reasons that people do not eat correctly, but rest assured, if you speak to people about why they are carrying weight, you will get many different answers. You really don’t know why a person eats more, some people have been in denial, others don’t put any effort into dieting, and yet others can’t lose the weight with out putting it back on. Frustrating isn’t it? Just think about those people, that should help you to think a little bit more carefully regarding weight loss.

Lucy August 11, 2008, 10:06 PM

Where in the world is this writer coming from??!! Do we want to teach our children that they should look like the sickly looking stick figures in the magazines?? I don’t think so! Some people just weren’t designed to be a tiny single digit size, and that’s OK. We should just strive for good health. I know lots of 12’s and above who look awesome. Shouldn’t we be putting the emphasis on self esteem, no matter what our size is? I suggest watching the Dove commercials…those are real women. Good health and good self esteem should be our goals in parenting.

Anonymous August 12, 2008, 12:19 AM

She’s angry because she hungry. She needs some cheeseburgers to get some meat on her bones.

Jezzie August 12, 2008, 12:42 AM

MILF Mommy, I’m a size 12-11-10-13-14-L-XL depending on the label/brand/article of clothing. I am 5’7” and 140#. I consume 1600 calories a day and workout - cardio, pilates and weights - or run - at least an hour/day, 7 days a week. I ride my bike to work (5 mi. one way) at least twice/wk.

20 years ago, I was a size 8-10-11-12-M-L depending on label/brand/article. I weighed 98-105#, was losing my hair, exp. extreme fatigue and exp. decreased menstrual flow. I also did 1000’s of sit-ups/crunches a day and ran for 3-4 hours/day. I consumed as little as 400 c a day, subsisting entirely on Ralston hot cereal, grape nuts and wheat chex. I was anorexic.

1 yr. ago, I weighed 190#, wore size 13-14-16-18-XL-XXL dep. on label/brand/article. I ate around 2000 c a day and worked out - cardio and weights - at least 40 m/day 4 days a week.

For all these 20 yrs., I’ve been either vegan or lacto-ovo “vegetarian”. I grew up on the thin side, a ballet dancer…the best training ground for anorexia and bulimia. Anorexia kicked in when I started “filling out” and developed serious curves aka large breasts.

My point is, you are correct abt. the benefits of exercise and healthy eating. You are incorrect in your assumption that all thin people are healthy and/or size 4. You are also incorrect in your assumption - assessment - that all size 12 people are overweight, unhealthy, fat and lazy.

Weight distribution, frame, heritage, BMI, physical fitness - these all contribute to our unique experiences of size 4 or 12.

I can wear a size 12 pant that fits perfectly and then another 12 fits my butt and thighs but is too large in the waist. Tops are a whole other issue, due to my large bust. I learned to sew so that I can create clothing that exactly fits my body - it’s fun, resourceful and immensely educational, as it’s made me realize how irrelevant size is.

I am 47 and really strong and healthy. I have 2 healthy grown kids, 19 and 29, and 4 healthy grand kids. I have been partnered for 16 yrs. and we are close to my children’s father and his wife and kids. Men (and women, for that matter) of all ages still “flirt” w/me - not b/c of my size, my breasts or my beauty, but b/c I am a genuinely happy person and people are drawn to that.

Life is good, I’m thrilled abt. reaching 50 - going to Spain w/my baby sister who will be turning 40 the same year - and have never had even a hint of Botox. Despite what you may think, I ain’t lying. Hopefully, your daughters have an auntie or grandmother like me around for the days they disappoint you by being bigger that a size 4.

KC August 12, 2008, 12:47 AM

Wow..that is the dumbest thing ive ever read. I am a size 12 weighing 145 and my doc says im excatly where im suppose to be..you are sending a beautiful message to young girls of the world that is why they have eatting disorders because of people like you. a size 12 is not big at all!

needs to lose a few lbs August 12, 2008, 1:01 AM

first of all, go eat a ding dong and shut your salad shooting pie hole, you seem to me to be an opionated b****!unless you have a P.H.D. in nutritional
health you shouldnt stand on your high horse giving anyone advice. people who weigh more are not inferior to you because you wear a size 2, get over yourself
p.s. i hope that you dont turn your daughters into compulsive anorexic freaks, like you apear to be!

Candace  August 12, 2008, 2:46 AM

I’m glad that size 4 is good for you. You’re absolutely correct that sitting around praising ourselves for not working out is not healthy. But you are ignoring the PROCESS and going straight for DRESS SIZE. This is entirely beside the point. You can have a lot of muscle, be toned, eat right, have great energy, and be incredibly healthy, and still be carrying an extra ten to twenty pounds. Go see an older yoga instructor sometime. They’ll wipe the floor with you and still have a big tummy.

I think you need to focus on the process of living a healthy life and keeping it all in balance. Just to put it in perspective, I am now a 6/8, but five years ago I was a 10/12, had a lower body fat percentage, looked great in a bikini, and, oh, I could bench press my own body weight and successfully wrestle 220-pound men. And how about those oh-so-out-of-shape gymnasts? Those girls could crush you with their thighs, but they can’t find pants to fit around those enormous muscles. I’m interested to hear whether you think they’re “fat” too.

Put down the cheeseburgers. Go for a walk. But then come home, eat a healthy dinner, and enjoy being alive. Forget about putting down other people, and just be yourself.

Priscilla Leo August 12, 2008, 6:34 AM

Soooo sad to be perfect and sooooo angry about it!! All we need is more BARBIE DOLLS!!

Anonymous August 12, 2008, 8:11 AM

Why don’t you eat something so that your brain has the energy to work properly. Perhaps before opening your mouth you should consider opening a book, dimwit. I am a small woman, but not all can be nor should be. You are the epitome of self absorbed and ignorant. Ignorance is a bigger plague than fat- and you are it’s poster child.