Size 12, You're Fat!

Guest blogger MILF Mommy thinks you're fat.

size_12_is_fat_c.jpg

I am sick and tired of hearing that it's OK to be a size 12. I understand that this is the average weight of women in the United States, but since when does average make everything OK? Here's some low-cal food for thought...

1. You're not as cute as you could be. Being a size 12 is neither healthy nor is it attractive. Ask any man (in private) if he'd prefer that his size 12 wife lose weight and he'd say, "YES!"

2. You're lying about feeling good. Any woman who says she'd rather be a size 12 than a size 6 is lying. Think about it. Have you ever met someone who has lost weight who regrets it? Does anyone ever say, "I hate how I look in this sexy dress with my toned arms"? Or, "I preferred it when I had a muffin top belly and huge thighs"?

3. Stop pretending you are on a diet. I'm also sick of these size 12 women pretending that they do everything possible, but just can't lose the weight. That's impossible. If you really exercised 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and ate the recommended 1800 calories a day, you wouldn't be a size 12. So stop pretending. And FYI -- it defeats the purpose if you eat salads for every meal that are covered in bacon and blue cheese dressing.

4. Thin people aren't lucky -- they work harder than you. I work very hard to be a size 4. It's difficult, but I always find the time to work out. I also make many food sacrifices. I would love to eat baked ziti for lunch and get dessert after every meal. I'd also be thrilled to drink a beer! But, sometimes in life you have to give things up in order to gain something bigger.

5. Stop using genes as a crutch. I get it. Sometimes it's harder for people to eat well and exercise than it is for others--being heavy may run in your family, you may have had an issue way back when. The same goes for people who do drugs, but it doesn't make it OK that they are addicts.

This may sound harsh, but you are doing a disservice to our children. I don't want my daughters under the delusion that life will be easy as a chunky person. It's harder to get work, find a husband and even walk up stairs. It's also a good way to decrease your life expectancy. It seems to be taboo to discuss this epidemic too loudly, but I think it's time we start.

Related Galleries

next: Is Sunscreen Dangerous for Kids?
Anonymous August 12, 2008, 8:22 AM

LMAO @ that blog… you can tell she’s one HAPPY skinny girl…..NOT!

does she not realize that yes infact there are men who PREFER meat on bones… and Curves!

yeah size 12 people have a hard time walking up stairs…LMAO ummm i’m size 16 and 6 months pregnant i also live in a bilevel home…. never had a problem yet… and sometimes… i BOUNCE up them * gasp*

and since when did SKINNY become a job requirement? Am i not living in the united states? where age, sex, religion blah blah blah are requirements for NON descrimintion??

What is this chick 20? she has quite a bit to learn about life me thinks.

Alli August 12, 2008, 10:37 AM

someone please shove a twinkie in that womans mouth….hopefully that would keep her from spouting off her shallow and mind numbing opinions. I run between a size 10 and 12 and although I personally would like to lose a little weight (mostly the belly I gained after the BIRTH OF THREE CHILDREN) I in no way consider myself “fat”. I have even been referred to as a MILF when hubby and I have been out—-the difference between this woman and myself (besides the size 4 and the fact that she apparently has a teeny tiny brain) is that I find the MILF title DEGRADING and DISRESPECTFUL, and am confident enough about my body and my husbands love that I dont NEED to have others think Im hot……Its one thing to tout the virtues of eating right and exercising…its quite another to belittle others because they arent as “perfect” as you claim to be……tolerance and a twinkie, give it a try.

Fitness Nut August 12, 2008, 10:52 AM

I am proud to have maintained my size 12 for the past 20 years. I work out faithfully for about 3 hours each morning, 6 days a week. This includes a variety of aerobics, strength training with weights, walking, jogging, treadmills, and spinning classes. I try to eat healthy with mostly veggies and fruit and no pork nor beef. My doctor says I’m in excellent shape for 57 years old, weighing 165 and 5’7” tall. I can’t even imagine myself as a size 4. Everyone does not have the same bone structure. If I were not exercising and was 5 feet tall weighing 165 and a size 12, then I may consider myself overweight. Stop generalizing and get real.

Erica August 12, 2008, 12:08 PM

First things first, good for you that your a size 4! I’m glad that works for you. The smallest I’ve ever been is a size 6 and that was when I was in my late teens. The only way I got to that size was because I was at the gym 2-4 hours everyday and I was anorexic. It’s pretty sad that I had listened to what my parents said and to try to please them, I starved myself because they told me that I was fat! Is that what you want for your children. Maybe you’ll get lucky and they will have great metabolisms but if they are like me I hope you don’t do the same things to them that my parents did to me!

For some reason some of us have to work harder at it than others! Now I’ve had two children and they’re still babies and I know darn well I’m overweight! I’m a size 18 now and you know what I proud of what I got for becoming this size! I have two beautiful babies! Yes I know that I need to lose weight but I will never get to a size 4 or I would look like a skeleton. Nobodies body is made the same, noones bone structure is the same. Who are you to decide what people should look like! Didn’t your mother teach you if you can say anything nice then don’t say anything at all!!! It’s pretty sad when you have nothing better to do than to sit at your computer and be prejudice against people who have done nothing to you. I hope that your children turn out with a more respect for others and their rights than you have. Hopefully their father can give them that because obviously you cannot! Haven’t you ever heard to each their own, they’re words to live by! People like you should learn when to shut their mouths and step away from the computer!

proud August 12, 2008, 12:49 PM

Wow, Women, get over yourself! lol, you are too funny! And if you think men like rail thin women, think again! (at least thats what your husband told me the other night!) You know what, its your daughter that will grow up to be overweight because of all the presure and emphsis that you put on the subject! You are so self absorbed in your own delusions and that is why your daughter will have problems in the future. This is whats wrong with some of the parents in this world…they want their children to be who THEY WANT THEM TO BE, instead of WHO THEY ARE! post on this site in about 5 years and let us know how much yoour daughter weighs then! People like you should not be a parents, your way to selfish and care about nothing but yourself and your own beliefs!!!

seriously.... August 12, 2008, 2:18 PM

Umm…I am a size 12. I am 160lbs and 5ft 7in. I look good. I look healthy. Yeah i want to lose a few pounds. That would be nice. But between four kids, my work, and school along with the lack of funds needed to go to a gym and work out. Its just simply not in my budget. I was a size 7 this time last year. I got as low as 111lbs. and then to a size 4. I looked sick. I looked unhealthy. My ideal size would be an 8. I would be comfortable there. So I am sorry that I am comfortable with my 12. I will deal with it. But come on now….are you 5.0 or something. Seriously, size 4. You must be a midget. Or on drugs.

Abby August 12, 2008, 4:19 PM

Well MILF I can already tell by your user name what type of person you are and what type of children yours will grow up to be. The only thing I can see that you are teaching your children is that you will not love them if they are overweight. You are also teaching them to be stuck up little b***hes in the future and to be mean to other people for the way they look. So, good luck with that! Remember all sins are not punishible in hell but they are punishible, you’ll get yours one day and then maybe you’ll think of some of the things you have said and the thoughts you have instilled into your precious children’s heads. Life’s too short enjoy it!

Laura August 12, 2008, 7:41 PM

I have news for her. Not every man wants a skinny wife. My husband dosen’t. Its people like her that make it miserable for young girls/woman. Just because there are overweight woman doesn’t mean that they aren’t healthy. Who wants to be around someone who is stick thin? That is not healthy. Anyone who calls herself a milf mother has lost my respect.

Sancheeks911 August 12, 2008, 9:20 PM

Ok I just got home from work and saw this incredibly ridiculous article and normally I don’t comment but this warrants a response. I am 5’7” and normally 150 lbs. and a size 11/12 (i’m currently 6 mos pregnant). I bought into the skinnier is better idea a few years back and ended up looking like i was diagnosed with some sort of terminal illness. I was only 142 lbs with 9 % boddy fat and a size 5.
Trust me when I say I regreted losing that weight everyday until I put it back on. Nothing made me happy about being that skinny. I am a woman, one with curves and muscle and I would not give up my size 11/12 curves for the world. I am of mixed race and am truly blessed with all that comes with it.
I am a law enforcement officer and need the muscle and weight on my bones that the lord has blessed me with. I would challenge “MILF MOM” to a will to survive fight any day.
My husband loves women, but he was disgusted to hear the comments of this moron. He believes a woman is not healthy simply because shes skinny. We have both seen some size 11/12 woman complete 13 miles marathons with no problem. It’s not the size that makes you healthy. For anyone to believe otherwise is ignorant.
Furthermore to all the ladies out there that have a brain and know that MILF MOM is obviously someone’s (and someone who has beat that shallowness into her)trophy wife and/or girlfriend, keep living healthy in your own way and be proud of what you are as long as you keep healthy habits and enjoy your life.

Haley's MoM August 12, 2008, 9:41 PM

OK, i’m a size 12, and i think i am just fine… some of us women have a little trouble getting rid of the lower belly bulge after having kids… i have a mother that used to tell me all the time when i was younger that i needed to loose weight, and get down to the size 5 that she was to be beautiful… now, she is single and i am more than happy with my boyfriend of three years! so, more power to us women who are REAL, and dont have to buy into the whole “if my rib cage is showing i’m sexy look” if you ask me, the skinny girls are the ones that have no figures, and i dont know about where you live, but the men around where i’m from think the scrawny ones need to put some meat on their bones… try and look like a women, not a 12 year old little girl with no curves!!!

Tabitha August 12, 2008, 10:37 PM

Holy christ you are such a moron. What is wrong with you? Maybe you should take half a step down of that pedistal you’re on and get over yourself a tiche.

Liseer August 13, 2008, 12:11 AM

LOL sounds like somebody has a size 12 steal her BF.

Sandi August 13, 2008, 12:15 AM

You are more obsessed with food than any size 12 woman could ever be - is that healthy? I wonder why “guest blogger” thinks she needs to be a size 4 to catch herself a husband? Not much of a face to look at perhaps?

DISGUSTED August 13, 2008, 1:19 AM

It’s funny to me that you think you’re so flawless. You need to worry more about what’s going on with you on the inside because something is very wrong with your thought process. It really makes me sad to think about the effects that you are going to have on your children. Prejudice begets prejudice!

CHELL31 August 13, 2008, 2:06 AM

I am a size 12 also and I am one of those who has a very hard time looseing.
I have Hypothyroidism and have had it for 10 years now and when my meds are not right I can balloon up very quickly not extra fat but extra water, with severe swelling in arms,hands,feet and ect.
My husband tells me everyday that I am perfect and my kids tell me I am skinny too. They get upset when I say I want to loose. I am very active and I eat in moderation and work out 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. Because of my disorder I was told that to loose weight that I have to have half the calories that a normal person would need, my Doctor told me I would need to be on a 1100 calorie diet and that is not an easy thing to do.So please don’t judge me when you have no idea what it is like for those of us that have this problem and can’t seem to beat it..

judy brittle August 13, 2008, 3:49 AM

Putting other people down to build yourself up is pretty pathetic!

Emmy6148 August 13, 2008, 7:47 AM

Wow… I’m so offended by this I can hardly stand it. I am exactly a size 12, happily married at 23, and can honestly say I’m the most active person I know. I work 67 hours a week at 5 different jobs, all of which pay me anywhere from $15 and hour to $20 and hour. So much for having a hard time finding a man and a job! One of these jobs is adaptive P.E. for the local school district. The other 4 are teaching dance; everything from ballet to hip hop, salsa to jazz, lyrical, modern, break dance… Everything I do from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM is physically intense. People like you make me sick- stop acting like a size 12 is obese. I can throw myself in the air and leap as gracefully as any 79 lb. ballerina. I can get down on the floor and support my body weight on my head. And as far as setting an example for children… I teach my dancers to keep dancing, even when they think they’re too big. Some don’t want to come to class because they think they’re too big, but then they see a beautiful size 12 dance teacher and realize you don’t have to be a toothpick to dance. Curves are just as gorgeous, if not more, on the dance floor. I’m an inspiration to young people. Your kids will just have eating disorders. Sounds to me like your having a mid-life crisis if you think you have to stay at a size four, and you’re so proud that all the 16 year olds in your area want to do you… What a good mommy you are!

amber August 13, 2008, 10:35 AM

while I agree with all of you, believing a single size is perfect is wrong, we americans have a seriouse weight problem. It is not okay to be 5’4” and weigh 2 hundred pounds!

Tammy August 13, 2008, 11:25 AM

For your information I once WAS a size 6 before I had my twins and EVERYONE including my husband thought I looked ill. My face was gaunt, my butt was gone, my breasts nearly disappeared…….NO NOT everyone should be a certain size. God made us all different. And just so you know, all the women in my family are what you would call FAT and the average life expectanacy is 98!!!!!! So go educate yourself before you post about something you obviously don’t know anything about.

Michelle Fears August 13, 2008, 1:38 PM

Wow, it still amazes me that someone this shallow can actually sting together a sentence. Oh well, it’s what’s on the outside that matters right? I DON”T THINK SO. I do hope that this MILF (what class) gets a good dose of her own medicine. Don’t worry, it’s just around the corner