Size 12, You're Fat!

Guest blogger MILF Mommy thinks you're fat.

size_12_is_fat_c.jpg

I am sick and tired of hearing that it's OK to be a size 12. I understand that this is the average weight of women in the United States, but since when does average make everything OK? Here's some low-cal food for thought...

1. You're not as cute as you could be. Being a size 12 is neither healthy nor is it attractive. Ask any man (in private) if he'd prefer that his size 12 wife lose weight and he'd say, "YES!"

2. You're lying about feeling good. Any woman who says she'd rather be a size 12 than a size 6 is lying. Think about it. Have you ever met someone who has lost weight who regrets it? Does anyone ever say, "I hate how I look in this sexy dress with my toned arms"? Or, "I preferred it when I had a muffin top belly and huge thighs"?

3. Stop pretending you are on a diet. I'm also sick of these size 12 women pretending that they do everything possible, but just can't lose the weight. That's impossible. If you really exercised 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and ate the recommended 1800 calories a day, you wouldn't be a size 12. So stop pretending. And FYI -- it defeats the purpose if you eat salads for every meal that are covered in bacon and blue cheese dressing.

4. Thin people aren't lucky -- they work harder than you. I work very hard to be a size 4. It's difficult, but I always find the time to work out. I also make many food sacrifices. I would love to eat baked ziti for lunch and get dessert after every meal. I'd also be thrilled to drink a beer! But, sometimes in life you have to give things up in order to gain something bigger.

5. Stop using genes as a crutch. I get it. Sometimes it's harder for people to eat well and exercise than it is for others--being heavy may run in your family, you may have had an issue way back when. The same goes for people who do drugs, but it doesn't make it OK that they are addicts.

This may sound harsh, but you are doing a disservice to our children. I don't want my daughters under the delusion that life will be easy as a chunky person. It's harder to get work, find a husband and even walk up stairs. It's also a good way to decrease your life expectancy. It seems to be taboo to discuss this epidemic too loudly, but I think it's time we start.

Related Galleries

next: Is Sunscreen Dangerous for Kids?
Dana August 23, 2008, 2:51 PM

A size 4 is not too skinny for anyone. I wear a size 2 or 4, depending on the designer, and a size 0 in jeans, and I’m a very healthy 5’2”, 104 pounds, and that’s after having a child. I’m just very small boned. I work out, yes, but I eat what I want, just in small portions. I think the original poster is ignorant, because obviously everyone is a different height, weight and bone structure - and what’s an ideal weight or dress size for one person may not be for someone else. Everyone should just do their best to be healthy, and be happy in the skin they’re in.

cherish August 23, 2008, 4:08 PM

Your post was rude. I have been a size 4-6 and I looked horrible. I am now a size 10-12 and I look wonderful. I feel better when I don’t have as many “rolls”, but thats my issue. There are plenty of women who are bigger and smaller than me that are just as beaulitful. Beauty comes from within. Stop attacking and you might get better results.

Dana August 23, 2008, 8:57 PM

Cherish,
I don’t know if you were talking to me or not, but on re-reading my last post I realize it may have been misinterpreted. My first sentence, “A size 4 is not too small for anyone.” was in response to the previous poster who stated that “A size 4 is TOO small for anyone!” What I should have written was, “A size 4 is not too small for everyone.” I certainly wasn’t attacking anyone. On the contrary, I was defending people of ALL sizes.

Gracie August 23, 2008, 8:57 PM

Enjoy starving yourself hun! LOL

Dana August 23, 2008, 9:57 PM

While I don’t even slightly agree with the original poster (a size 12 is not fat for most people), this board is rife with size discrimination. And not only of larger sizes, but of smaller ones. I’m small, yes (5’2”, 104 lbs.) but I’m very healthy and I hardly starve myself. Everyone in my family is petite, and no one in my family has every had anorexia or bulimia. In fact, I come from a long line of gourmet cooks, and we eat very well. I exercise 2-3 times a week to stay fit, although I never had to before I hit my mid-thirties, but time catches up with all of us. I weighed 124 pounds at nine months pregnant with my daughter, and I had a VERY healthy pregnancy and birth. I’m not saying, nor have I ever said that being petite is better. As I’ve said all along, people come in all shapes and sizes. Just be healthy, exercise, eat right, and be comfortable in the skin you’re in.

Jean F August 24, 2008, 4:54 AM

I know a 102 year old size 18-and she is still active. A little deaf but otherwise fine. She’s outlived four husbands. They were all probably skinny.

Jennifer R August 24, 2008, 10:32 AM

Wow - you’re a real gem. Did you ever take into consideration that many “fat” people have serious medical problems and they CANNOT exercise? They can eat healthy all they want but that doesn’t mean they’re going to be thin. There are so many possible factors that go into why someone might be overweight, so you really should generalize like this.

sigh August 26, 2008, 9:59 PM

It’s hard to believe that even after all the tremendous effort prior generations of women have put forth for the evolution of women….we continue to treat each other like this! RIDICULOUS!!! Until we start supporting each other, and recognizing the real beauty we ALL have to give (no matter what size), we will never get past this epidemic. It’s unbelievable that there are so many American women with self-esteem issues and no self-confidence, but with judgmental, uneducated, critical women like MILF, it’s no wonder. A size is neither fat nor thin. We need to stop placing labels on superficial things and work together to instill confidence, self-esteem, and intelligence in our young American women.

FinallyA12 August 27, 2008, 12:08 PM

These generalizations are horrible. Being a size 12 at 5’8” is actually a good size. You no longer look like a stick like I did at 125 pounds. 2 kids later I finally put on some weight and I am a size 12 at 5’8”. I’ve never looked better in my life. And skinny people don’t always have to work at it. I ate everything under the sun and never gained enough weight to look healthy before my children were born.

Cindy  August 27, 2008, 12:59 PM

SIZE 4????? My older sister was a size 4 once and we could make up a bed WITH a blanket added with her still in it and not see her at all! What is attractive about that??? Granted I am a plus sized woman but it’s my fault. I am trying now to lose weight and when I get to a size 12 my boyfriend said he’d take me out and by me a WHOLE new wardrobe. Size 4???? Fine if you like seeing bones portruding everywhere, which I don’t!!!

jcbf19 August 27, 2008, 4:10 PM

I think women with the attitude displayed by MILF are heartless, hateful, judgmental, and merciless. Is there anything in life more important than what we look like- specifically our size? Does it end there- or once you have that size 4 bod, don’t you then need the enhanced chest next or the resurfaced face after that? How many years with the same investment of time and money can you keep this up? How many other worthwhile things do you forfeit because you have to spend so much time working out? Do celebrations with special feasts have any place in the world of someone who lives on kleenex? What kind of gyrating in life do you have to do to work that hard to keep that size 4 scenario and how much damage are you glibly leaving in your wake by expressing how offended you are by the appearance of nearly all the women you see in the US today?
No doubt we have a nutrition crisis in the US today, but there is no way a whole nation of people are flawed in character to the degree this kind of mean and proudful woman assumes they must be to have this problem. There is way more to this issue than weak character or self-deceit.
This kind of post really inspires a “wait til you get what is coming to you” hope in everyone who reads it. Life is hard, its even harder when people are hateful and judgmental of one’s flaws whatever they may be. The fact is that we all have them- woe be it unto MILF when hers become evident! Some faults cancel out or negate the benefits of the size 4 figure from the outset.

Lynette August 28, 2008, 4:55 AM

I’ll take that one step further. What gets me is when people use “Size 6” to represent “thin” or “the perfect weight.” Since when is a six 6 all that thin? I am a size six going by the label, I might add, but something quite different if I go by the numbers on my scale.

The dirty little secret most of us already know is that within the last ten years, clothing manufacturers have started slapping smaller numbers on their garments. The size six of today is the size eight or ten of a decade or more ago.

Lesa August 29, 2008, 8:33 AM

Just saw this and had to comment…

Although I loathe the presenter I agree with what’s being said overall.

She needs to get over herself but then again, SO DO LADIES THAT ARE OVERWEIGHT.

There’s something to be said about that word, overweight. It means YOU ARE OVER YOUR HEALTHY WEIGHT and you should lose that weight.

Gluttony. Say it with me, we are GLUTTONS. I know, because I am.

I am fat. I need to lose weight and if I don’t I will die sooner than later.

It’s simple, just admit it.

Natalie August 29, 2008, 2:06 PM

You know, this is goes to show how unbelievably ignorant people can be. I was a size 12 until I had my kids, and you know what? I was happy, healthy, and confident. I ate healthy, I excercised regularly. That’s just how my body is. I had tons of boyfriends, and I met my husband. And let me tell you, NONE of the guys that I’ve dated have liked skinny girls. Maybe the vain, insecure, way too body concious men like size 4, but my husband would kill me if I looked like that. Anyway, obviously every one has their own opinions, yours are just very skewed. Your PERCEPTION of reality is just that. YOUR PERCEPTION. It’s not REALITY. Maybe instead of bashing on people who don’t look like you, you can focus your energy on making your daughters happy, healthy, productive people instead of the leech that you seem to be.

anonymous August 30, 2008, 4:00 AM

My cousin is size 12 but she’s healthy all around!. This MILF mom better be arrested by the police, i mean she’s too old to be a bully and yeah, she’s uglier than the world’s ugliest dog. So what, lets get the show starting and forget about Size-100-MILF-Mommy

candice August 30, 2008, 3:23 PM

sweetie. i don’t know where you are from but i am from the south and down here you wouldn’t even get a date. the men would just tell you to go eat something. i was thin all my life and hated it. i always wanted to be thick ( as they call it in the south). i was lucky to get up to a size 6. i bought weight gain products and bought food based on caloric amounts (the more the better). it was just natural for me to be that small. i tried to gain as much weight as i could while i was pregnant, but it was only after i had my second child that the weight stuck and i am as happy as i could be and so is my husband. by the way i love my husband but i live for me and to make me happy. i would not dare bust my but to be small because it would make someone else happy because i would be miserable. so you need to check your self esteem or self image….. you actually work to death because others deem it desirable. i think you are just jealous because we size 12’s have a womanly body with womanly curves and can still make our men happy and you don’t.

Linda August 31, 2008, 4:43 PM

How unhappy you are, to get so worked up about other people (anonymous, at that) with weight issues.

Food isn’t love and fat people aren’t necessarily walking around displaying how much more love they have in their life than you do.

Sometimes their problem really is their problem—and when you spout off the nonsense about sizes and your willingness to morally judge those folks based solely on dress size; well, honey, you’ve got a much bigger problem than any health crisis I may experience due to a metabolic disorder.

Good luck with that. Give Dr. Phil a call and put yourself out of our misery, please.

Elizabeth August 31, 2008, 10:36 PM

Candice,
Yours, and others, generalizations are just as bad as the original poster. I am also from the south and I’m a size 2. To suggest that a slender woman “wouldn’t even get a date” down here is a ridiculous statement. In what part of the south are you? Because where I live all people appreciate those who work hard to stay fit. And guess what? Just because someone is a size 2, 4, 6, etc., does not mean that they don’t have curves. I’m a size 2, but I’m a 34B, so I’m far from being too skinny. I also don’t think that being a size 12 means that a person is fat…the original poster is obviously a moron. But this board is full of posts that are prejudiced of not only size 12s, but of people of all sizes. I don’t care if someone is a size 0 or a size 30, we’re all people, we all have feelings, and we all have a lot to contribute to our society.

Anonymous September 1, 2008, 9:14 PM

Size 12 is NOT FAT! MILF is a dumb bitch!

fat chick September 4, 2008, 7:37 AM

thats for making me so sad. I would love to be a size 12. I currently am a size 18 lost one size so far. I do diet and walk one hour a day. eat no fast food and would love to be a size 12. Thank you for telling me I will still be fat and unlove at a size 12 by the thin population.