Skinny Celeb: A Hypocrite?

First, photos of her showing a less than flattering side surfaced. Then, while she defended her curves, she also declared she was a size 2 (really?). Now, Jennifer Love Hewitt is 18 pounds lighter, saying she lost the weight for health reasons.

So, let's do the math--you were a size 2. You lose 18 pounds--in 10 weeks no less. Size 2 minus 18 lbs equals what, the size of a kindergartener?

In December 2007, Love defended herself after being scrutinized by the media--who were fascinated by her wide rear end caught on camera in Hawaii a month earlier. She posted the following on her website, "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized...To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image." She went on to declare, "To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini--put it on and stay strong."

In this week's Us magazine, the actress is looking much thinner than she did in those infamous photos. Although she's proudly posing in a form-fitting dress on the cover of the magazine, her trainer claims, "With her, it's not, 'I want to look good in that dress'... She wanted to start moving around because she thought it would make her feel better." Is she sending a mixed message to our kids?  And, are you buying it?

Celeb Moms Lose Pounds Real Moms Lose Pounds Dangerously Thin

next: Jolie and Pitt 'Wreck the Earth'?
Synnille P. August 18, 2008, 12:30 PM

It’s hard to say whether or not Jennifer’s being a hypocrite because of her job…despite what she feels, she’s an actress and if she wants to work, she has to portray herself to their “standards.”

As for “being a size 2,” looks like her math is all messed up there! ;)

Mary M August 18, 2008, 2:17 PM

She’s full of it.

Anonymous August 18, 2008, 2:21 PM

How’d she manage to lose all 18 of the pounds in her hips,thighs, and butt!?! What a joke, she got caught looking normal and got all freaked out. I could probably look like her after pics too if I had a personal trainer at my disposal. Celebrities are so ridiculous.

praying4baby#2 August 18, 2008, 2:25 PM

I think it really hurt her feelings, but it IS the bisuness!! She prob realized that she has to protect her career with her image. It’s very unfair!

I don’t believe she was a size 2 though. Maybe a 6?!

Janice August 18, 2008, 3:22 PM

Whatever she might have said she sure wasn’t a size 2 before, so I don’t actually think her weight loss is unhealthy. She looks more like a 4 now. Anyway, it’s kind of a difficult situation. Fact is, being physically attractive is part of her job. I think she was beautiful with the extra weight, but she was in fact ridiculed for it, so what do I know.

No Love Here August 18, 2008, 3:49 PM

She IS a hypocrite. She stood up shouting an anthem for “regular” women and then dropped the weight citing “health” reasons? AND she lied about her size. Since when does a size 6 need to lose weight for health?

Rhi August 18, 2008, 4:41 PM

Anybody who has ever had the joy of giving the middle finger to somebody who called you fat should be rooting her on, because she just did that to millions of people.

Anonymous August 18, 2008, 5:19 PM

I think you moms who are panning JLH are a bunch of envious old bags. This woman is RIDICULOUSLY hot. It is incredible how hot this woman is. She’s so hott, I had to throw in an extra “t”. HOTT

forgivin August 18, 2008, 5:28 PM

I just don’t understand what she is trying to prove.

Avery August 18, 2008, 5:41 PM

What a person does to help improve their self-confidence is entirely up to them. If an individual wants to go on a diet, get Botox injections, or have breast implants, so be it. Although this is true, I can see where people may think she’s being a hypocrite. I mean, for a girl of her size, losing 18 pounds makes a signifigant difference, and when the weight loss comes only months after media scrutiny about her body, it makes you wonder.

shanna August 18, 2008, 8:07 PM

She’s not trying to prove anything except for herself—she just did it for her own health!

forgivin August 18, 2008, 8:34 PM

For her health????? Why because she sooooo overly obease???? Give me a break!!!!!

Jean August 19, 2008, 8:02 AM

A PERSON DOESN’T HAVE TO BE OVERWEIGHT TO HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS AND JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DISCLOSED, DOESN’T MEAN THAT SHE MAY NOT HAVE HAD THEM. HER EXTRA WEIGHT COULD HAVE CAUSED AN EARLY ONSET OF PREDIABITIES, WHICH DEFINITELY MAY NOT HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR HER HEALTH. I KNOW AS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.I AM A SIZE 10-12 AND I NEED TO LOSE THE EXTRA LBS AS WELL. LET’S TRY TO BE FAIR.

karen August 19, 2008, 8:59 AM

really! do we care either way? forget about hot gass, what about oil?

rulsgrl August 19, 2008, 9:41 AM

It was pretty stupid that when the photo of her on the beach came out that she said “I have curves so what” then in the same sentence said “A size 2 is not fat”…so which is it?

btw, she looked beter before when she had curves.

Rikki August 19, 2008, 9:55 AM

I can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned yet; I have a feeling none of you are JLH fans since no one brought up the fact that a few years ago she used to be about the same size she is now. I think she got caught up in just being happy and gained a little weight-like most of us women do. When those photos came out, I do believe that she was truthful in saying that she was meant what she said. But it may have also hit her that she had gained a little weight and she decided to simply take contol.
And yes, she did lose it all from her hips, thighs and butt because the rest of her was still very thin…look at her waist in that bikini photo.

Rikki August 19, 2008, 9:56 AM

I can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned yet; I have a feeling none of you are JLH fans since no one brought up the fact that a few years ago she used to be about the same size she is now. I think she got caught up in just being happy and gained a little weight-like most of us women do. When those photos came out, I do believe that she meant what she said. But it may have also hit her that she had gained a little weight and she decided to simply TAKE CONTROL BACK…not take a shot at the media to laugh in their faces.

Anonymous August 19, 2008, 11:35 AM

There’s no way she could’ve been a size 2 with those wide hips and that big butt.

Mary August 19, 2008, 11:48 AM

JLH is beautiful either way. Good for her though if she decided to work hard and lose weight and get toned. Wish i had some of that ambition.

Allison Manfred August 19, 2008, 8:21 PM

I have really lost a lot of respect for her— she looked gorgeous before, now she’s too skinny.