Twilight Moms Unite

The biggest book series since Harry Potter now has an official mom fan club.

twilight_moms_unite270.jpg

The Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer are not just a hit with teens and tweens -- moms are addicted to the series, too. And now a woman named Lisa Hansen has created TwighlightMoms.com for women obessed as she is.

"Do you think you are the only one whose life turned upside down when you read Twilight?" the intro of the site reads. "Is your house a disaster with piles of piles of laundry in every corner and stacks of dirty dishes at record-breaking heights? Have you imagined your husband is a vampire (or werewolf) and suddenly have the libido of newlywed again? Do you convince yourself that 'cold cereal' makes a perfectly wholesome dinner? YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Fans of the Twilight series in our stage of life now have a place where we can gather unashamed of our irrational obsession with vampires and werewolves."

The founder of the site says she started it to prove to herself she wasn't going through some midlife crisis. "I thought we'd be maybe 10 women at most!" she writes. "But I soon realized that there were hundreds if not thousands of us who had been just dying to come out of hiding."

C'mon, fess up: Are you a Twilight mom?

next: A Mother's YouTube Plea
Imana August 1, 2008, 3:40 PM

Good for her! I LOVE hearing success stories like that :)
Keeps me motivated…;)

QueenBee August 2, 2008, 2:31 PM

TWILIGHT MOM LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!! I just got “Breaking Dawn” last night at midnight and read until 3:30 am. Im halfway through the book now and thought I should take a break and eat something and let you guys know that so far, the book is awesome!!!!!!

Anita August 3, 2008, 2:33 PM

Last summer, after I read the first book, I immediately had to borrow the second and third from a friend because the library did not have them available. Then I told my husband that I would not be able to talk to him until I had completed both books. I can’t remember if I neglected my kids or not but my husband clearly remembers me neglecting him! I drove an hour to get the forth book yesterday but I have not started it yet. I am going to wait until I have time tonight (maybe read all night long).

Twilighted October 2, 2008, 9:25 PM

I’m a huge fan of the Twilight Saga but do not recommend this site. I blogged with Twilightmoms for awhile only to find that if you are not ‘like minded’ as in LOVE Love LOVE everything that Stephenie Meyer has ever written, or if there is opinion disagreement, your posts are DELETED. I would suggest twilightlexicon (approved by Stephenie Meyer) for Twilight Saga information.

Stuck in Forks! November 2, 2008, 9:59 PM

I am definitely a twilight mom. I read the entire series in a little over a month. SO addictive and well written. I was encouraged by my 14 y.o dd to read them and am so glad I did….but I am still getting caught up on my house!

twilight mom December 20, 2008, 12:26 PM

WOW i love Twilight!!! i am going to crawl into the book and drag edward out and marry him! my husband and children have left me because i am so obsessed but I don’t care!!!! i sleep with the book every night and kiss it tenderly…mmm… i know he’s fictional but that doesn’t stop me, mwahaha!!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Denise December 26, 2008, 9:13 PM

I had never heard of Twilight until the movie trailers came out. I went to see the film ,to see what all the uproar was about. I LOVED IT! The romance between vampire/human. (I used to love the old Dark Shadows story). I didn’t realize that Forks was a real place. It is soo beautiful,the state of Washington. Wouldn’t mind living there. I am a mother of 4 grown sons and amm 55. These books bring back the blush of youth!

LovesRob December 30, 2008, 9:45 AM

I have to agree with the poster who says if you do not LOVE LOVE Twilight and read the huge amount of rules on TwilightMoms do not go there. I have been on the site less than a month and been warned 2 times. Its a joke and so restrictive as to be annoying. I do really like the people posting there, but I am going to twilightlexicon.

Mrs. Cullen January 12, 2009, 3:18 PM

I just read the whole series in a week. I need more Edward!!!!!! My husband thinks I am nuts and I am fighting my 12 year old to give me back Twilight to read again!

elaine January 16, 2009, 8:33 PM

I am relieved to see that I am not the only Twilight mom. My children think that I need to see a shrink. When I finished the four books, I started them again. I am ashamed to mention how many times I have seen the movie. It really bothers me when Rob Pattinson thinks Twilight is only a teen movie. If only he knew! He makes my old heart skip a beat! elaine

Teresa January 24, 2009, 5:57 PM

I too am a mom addicted to the Twilight series. I am reading for the second time through and I have already pre-ordered my copy of the movie. I am almost 38. Glad to see I am not the only one!! I find myself up way too late reading…love Edward and Bella! Look forward to Midnight Sun~ Teresa

cherik February 21, 2009, 8:52 AM

wow!! it’s great to know I am not the only crazy adult out there!! I am in my mid 50’s and have always enjoyed the vampire genre. I got truly “sucked” in with the tv series “moonlight” and “True Blood”. I wasn’t sure I would like “Twilght” as I had never read the books. After seeing te movie I was totally lost in it. I had to read the books. I have never in my life read so much in such a short time and I am always reading. The Twilight books I could not put down. I want Edward as many do!!! I only saw the movie 5 times and I do have it pre-ordered. I love the soundtrack and play it constantly in my car. I just finished reading Twilght for the 2nd time and am re-reading it again. Of course, my family wants to commit me to the nearest mental institution, my son has fits whenever I mention any vampire name!! I cannot get enough Twilight. I absolutely love the story. It is the love story of all love stories. I enjoyed the fourth book the best and took my time reading it as it was the last. Has “midnight Sun” been published? If not will it be? Does anyone know?

seenitbefore March 22, 2009, 3:37 PM

I saw the movie with my daughter. The first thing I blurted out was “Hey that guy looks just like JAMES DEAN” and of course my daughter said “WHO IS THAT?” And then I see that Luke Perry is credited with the hair do in that old Beverly Hills zip code show—-NAWWWW that is a JAMES DEAN thing. He was before my time, but hey lets give credit where credit is due for that ‘do!!!! Edward is a soft spoken rebel type with a rad ‘do and a similar facial structure. Teeny boppers loved it then and they love it now! I think it is clever of the Twilight casting folks to cash in on a look that works. No complaints from me!!!! I do wish that the human girl was a bit more STRIKINGLY BEAUTIFUL BUT I LOVE THAT SHE IS PRETTY IN A USUAL WAY THAT MAKES US THINK THAT THE AVERAGE GIRL HAS BEAUTY. Thank God they didn’t go for some TWIGGY Look Alike and send us all to the scale crying! This is a delightful twist on a good old fashioned vampy love story—-we can never have enough!!!! I am thrilled that the teens have been introduced to this again and I hope that my daughter and her friends will explore some of the good old fashioned movies that are this one’s ancestor!!! We needed a nice romantic vampy story to bring this alive again—-and so refreshing to have an interesting drama story without the horrific gore that has been taking over the movies these days! And I can’t wait to see who else jumps on the POTTER band wagon and writes a multibook series—-thank you too for getting out girls reading! Well this mom has said enough and maybe I too will read the books someday-

cherik March 26, 2009, 8:44 PM

The James Dean look is right on with Edward’s hair! I got my Twilight dvds a couple days ago and I love watching it. My son watched it for the first time and he actually liked it. I have been catching some of the hype on New Moon and it has got to be a great hit with the wolves. I have re-read the books through a second time and I’m starting a third round. I can’t get enough Twilight!!!

kit March 30, 2009, 8:15 AM

Oooohh, I love the whole saga! I’ve read the 4 books plus the partial draft in about a week, and sadly… I am thirsty for more! me and my hubby along with our son drove to Walmart and got the 2 disc dvd. There was never a night I didn’t watch it. I thought my fever was long gone, but I found myself re reading the whole books, watching youtube twilight interviews,buying magazines that have twilight related articles and the DVD… there was never a night I didn’t watch it. :) my husband just rolls his eyes for my love of twilight. I’ve never been so in love with a story in such a long time. What great about it is my husband LOVES IT, TOO! I told him to read the books because he keeps on asking me loads of questions regarding the characters, and my oh my - everytime I come home from work, I see the twilight dvd on. and when hubby comes home from work, after eating and freshening up, he pops in the dvd again… I started reading thru the web if there are actually men who reads Twilight, I guess there are and they do appreciate it, they don’t go and ruin their wives/gf’s mood because of it. I heard a lot of guys get jealous because of this. that is so shallow. nope, not my husband. I’m so glad I have my husband addicted, yayy! ;) I wish Twilight could go on and on and on… Twilight’s just pure magic and inspiring, I don’t know why.

cherik March 30, 2009, 7:33 PM

I have been watching my Twilight dvd every day since I have had it. There is a website for New Moon updates newmoonmovie.org if anyone is interested. There are daily articles. I am now reading New Moon for the 3rd time. I got my supervisor at work to read the 1st Twilight book. I can’t get enough of anything Twilight.

Chris April 1, 2009, 1:54 PM

i am not alone.

thank god.

Lisa-Twilightlovefan April 7, 2009, 8:58 PM

I am sooo happy to have found this site. I am obsessed with the books, the movie, the characters. I simply cant get enough of it all! I decorated my 14yr old daughters room in Twilight posters (of course she loves them too) just so I can go in her room to see the posters. I have read all the book 3 times now to the point my husband took them from me saying I was crazy and needed help. I think about the characters all the time, to the point I wish I was Bella and my husband was Edward!! Crazy Yes I know! I have never fell for something like this!! I lost 25lbs reading the books. I read them on lunch break, traffic lights, the bathroom, any where I could!! I stayed up on a work night and read Eclipse till 3:30am!!The time just flew by!! I am so glad I am not alone!! I cant wait for New Moon to come out, and I pray Stephanie finishes Midnight Sun. I read in online and its GREAT!!Thanks for having a place for CRAZY moms to go!!

jue April 9, 2009, 1:31 PM

after watching the usual girlie teenage films with my daughter went to see twilight expecting to see the same rubbish instead i loved it and have been obsessed ever since i went on to read the books twice. friends and family think i am sad. i feel like i have been going through a midlife crisis im so glad i have found other people like me.

cherik April 14, 2009, 5:19 PM

I am still watching my Twilight DVD everyday. I am learning the lines!! LOL. As time goes on I get more and more enthused about New Moon. It is getting quite the cast not to mention those who are returning. I keep re-reading the books and I have not grown tired of reading them. I am reading Eclipse for the 3rd time then I will re-read Breaking Dawn. I plan on spending summer re-reading all the books again and again.!!