Where is Caylee?

The case of missing Caylee Anthony has captivated the nation. Here are the latest developments.

caylee_anthony.jpg
• Detectives visited the home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents today after being contacted by Cindy Anthony to discuss her granddaughter's disappearance. After authorities left, reporters bombarded Cindy's front door, but she had little to say. She admitted that she doesn't plan to see daughter Casey before Saturday, Caylee's third birthday.

• Yesterday, police also visited the Anthony residence and took away four to eight bags of evidence. That is at least the fifth time they have been to the home.

• Last night, Nancy Grace reported that Casey Anthony might have posed as the mystery babysitter, Zenaida Gonzalez, to look at a unit at Sawgrass Apartments. She may have signed the sitter's name during a visit to an apartment complex and written in a visit date within the time frame of the child's disappearance. She later took police to that apartment and told authorities that's where she'd left Caylee.

• The search warrant executed Thursday in the case revealed new information. Nancy Grace reported Thursday night that the private phone call that Casey supposedly received from Caylee never came in, according to phone records. Also, the warrant revealed that Cindy Anthony had found a pair of gray-and-white pinstriped pants in Casey's car that "smelled like a dead body" and unwittingly washed them. Those pants were the same ones Casey was wearing the last time Caylee was seen alive.

• Police diving crews plan to search one of the local lakes near the Anthony residence on Friday.

What do you think happened to Caylee?

next: Mom Forces Children to Have Sex
Nikki from MS August 7, 2008, 6:34 PM

Ive been watching these reports every single day trying to stay updated. After everything I’ve seen and heard… seems to me like that beautiful little girl is in a better place. How sad. Thats what happens when kids have kids- Casey Anthony should get life in prison.

Deborah August 7, 2008, 6:44 PM

Zenaida Gonzalez really did view an apartment on June 17th. I am wondering how Casey knew she had been there.

Sarah August 7, 2008, 6:47 PM

I think it is horrible to say “That’s what happens when kids have kids”. I am a 19 year old mother and there is no one in this world that could take as good care of my daughter as my husband and myself do. Just because we are young does not mean we are going to neglect, abuse, or “do away with” our children.

I am saddened by this story and I still pray to God that little Caylee is safe, however, unfortunately, I don’t believe that she is. I think she is in a much better place, as sad as it is to think so.

Name August 7, 2008, 6:51 PM

There is speculation that someone claiming to be Z. Gonzalez viewed an apartment, but did not provide ID, and could have been Casey Anthony. Sounds as though there may be a handwriting sample, and maybe even fingerprints could be on the guest card.

Deborah August 7, 2008, 7:07 PM

A central Florida news reporter tracked down Zenaida who admitted that she did view an apartment on June 17th there at Sawgrass. She denies knowing Casey.

ashley August 7, 2008, 7:08 PM

As a teenage mom I want to say this is not from her being young it is from her being a cold hearted, self centered, manipulative, liar. Who cares more about being drunk and having a good time than her daughter. Her grandmother keeps saying her focus is caylee, how can that be when all she does is defend someone who lies and did not bother to report her missing for a month. It is pretty sad you have to take a test in order to get your license and renew it, but any disgusting person can become a parent!

ashley August 7, 2008, 7:15 PM

This is so sad.. every time I look at my brown hair hazel eyed 5 year old daughter I see Caylee, and wonder how anyone could do something so hurtful to someone so innocent. Caylee you are in many of our prayers,(with hopes for your safe return) and if the outcome is bad I can only hope that the evil person is brought to justice!

Julia Miller August 7, 2008, 7:18 PM

I think either she left her in the car in the florida heat (forgot her or was too busy partying) or she forgot to take the ladder off the pool and the baby drowned while she wasn’t watching her and Casey’s parents were gone. I remember one news thing saying that Cindy found the ladder on the pool a couple of days after she last saw her granddaughter and she thought it was odd, since they always remove it after swimming. She said the last time they swam was the night of June 15.

jo August 7, 2008, 7:23 PM

this is for Nikki,
I take great offense to your quote “this is what happens when kids have kids”
I was eighteen when I had my first daughter ,I went on to have two more. They are the loves of my life.

The mother of Caylee is in my opinion guilty. She needs to stay where she is at . In jail. This has nothing to do with age , just a selfish woman who thinks only of herself.

Dorian August 7, 2008, 7:23 PM

The moment I saw the child I noticed what appeared to me as bald spots on her scalp. In other pictures her thick hair covered them.

Children who pull their hair out have issues.

I do not trust the grandparents.

Anonymous August 7, 2008, 7:32 PM

www websleuths com

Peggy August 7, 2008, 7:33 PM

I was 18 when I had my first child. I love my children dearly. I am now 34 with 3 children my youngest being 3. My children are my life! It’s not about kids having kids, it’s about some people being completely messed up in the head. I’m praying for her safe return but it doesn’t look as though this is going to happen. And I have to say at this point I do believe the grandparents know what happened.

jerry August 7, 2008, 7:40 PM

It’s not surprising that Casey Anthony is a habitual liar; it appears that she learned that from her mother. I don’t know anyone who believes that the little cutie is alive. This whole thing is disgusting. The only good thing is that Casey is in jail, and it’s not likely that she’ll ever get out.

ashley August 7, 2008, 7:46 PM

To say someone did something because they were young is wrong and very stereotypical. And I can say if my daughter was missing for 1 day and my mom knew it she would beat me to find out where her grandchild was and every one would be a suspect to her…especially me if I repeatedly lied and did not bother reporting her missing! Their is only one thing my mother cares about more than her child, and that is her granchildren. She would not let anyone hurt them no matter who they were!

Tiny August 7, 2008, 9:07 PM

This is in response to Nikki. Age has nothing to do with it. Although teen pregnancy may not always be the best timing…..it is rude and insulting that you would place a negative label on a young parent. It dosent matter if you are 16,26,36,46 you can be a good parent or a bad parent or have mental health issues. I am a retired social worker and have seen the best and the worst of all ages.

Mike August 7, 2008, 9:25 PM

I think we need to put the whole family in jail, they all are covering for Casey! I believe they know more than what we think.

Put them in jail!!!! thanks Cindy for washing the pants what excuse will you give to that?

Deborah August 7, 2008, 9:39 PM

I really don’t think that the grandmother washed the pants to cover up anything for Casey. This poor woman is exhausted and overworked. She knows that Casey has “issues”, but doesn’t believe she would ever hurt Caylee. She desperately wants to believe this baby is alive. This grandmother loved that baby!

I Smell a Rat August 7, 2008, 9:40 PM

I don’t quite understand the story about the car and pants! If there was a smell, wouldn’t you think the tow truck driver would have noticed it and reported it, especially since the car keys, car seat and Casey’s purse were supposedly in the vehicle. Now we hear about pants, shoes and boots?

Why didn’t Cindy mention she’d washed the pants immediately and why did she wash them in the first place? Her reason is very lame imo. She is a nurse and her husband is a retired homicide investigator and she surely knew not to tamper with what could be potential evidence.

Cindy herself said in a 911 call that her car smelled like a dead body had been in it so she cannot say she thought the pants smelled like pizza. She now says they “smelled like the car.”

marjan August 7, 2008, 9:44 PM

I donot think little Caylee is alive anymore and Casey is aware of that. I am hoping it was an accidental death due to her negligence. I also think the grandparents are totally innocent. Grandma is still holding on to hope but Grandpa suspects Caylee is dead and Casey is reponsible. I also think that Casey has put her parents thru private hell many times already prior to Caylee missing. She appears to be that kind of a daughter. I think the truth will come out.

Jan August 7, 2008, 11:53 PM

I think Casey is delusional and she killed Caylee while she was in a psychotic state. She may very well be the babysitter. The babysitter may know where Caylee is. How do we get the babysitter to surface so she can tell everyone where Caylee is?
Casey probobly put Caylee in the trunk of her car when she snapped and forgot all about her. I think Casey is in an altered mental state…