Where is Caylee?

The case of missing Caylee Anthony has captivated the nation. Here are the latest developments.

caylee_anthony.jpg
• Detectives visited the home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents today after being contacted by Cindy Anthony to discuss her granddaughter's disappearance. After authorities left, reporters bombarded Cindy's front door, but she had little to say. She admitted that she doesn't plan to see daughter Casey before Saturday, Caylee's third birthday.

• Yesterday, police also visited the Anthony residence and took away four to eight bags of evidence. That is at least the fifth time they have been to the home.

• Last night, Nancy Grace reported that Casey Anthony might have posed as the mystery babysitter, Zenaida Gonzalez, to look at a unit at Sawgrass Apartments. She may have signed the sitter's name during a visit to an apartment complex and written in a visit date within the time frame of the child's disappearance. She later took police to that apartment and told authorities that's where she'd left Caylee.

• The search warrant executed Thursday in the case revealed new information. Nancy Grace reported Thursday night that the private phone call that Casey supposedly received from Caylee never came in, according to phone records. Also, the warrant revealed that Cindy Anthony had found a pair of gray-and-white pinstriped pants in Casey's car that "smelled like a dead body" and unwittingly washed them. Those pants were the same ones Casey was wearing the last time Caylee was seen alive.

• Police diving crews plan to search one of the local lakes near the Anthony residence on Friday.

What do you think happened to Caylee?

next: Mom Forces Children to Have Sex
alice August 30, 2008, 11:08 PM

She just got arrested for fraud. Why would she need to steal from her friend and her own grandmother that’s sick.I believe watching this that Caylee’s mother has a severe mental problem. Why was she out at a bar partying instead of trying to look for her child. That makes no sense any mother in there right mind would search for their child. God Bless this whole situation it makes me sad to watch this period. It looks as if the family is involved in this situation and maybe they all know something because they shouldnt let their daughter stay with them while all of this goes on unless they know what happened to their granddaughter.

maryann agront August 31, 2008, 8:33 PM

I think Casey’s mom is responcible.She forced her to have Caylee
then made her take care of her.
Casey should have given Caylee to a responcible person to raise, Cindy is a nut.

Gloria September 4, 2008, 10:49 AM

Does the cheese smell in Denmark? Yes it does, something does not fit in this capricious attitude of not reporting a childs disappearance for almost a month. And the grandmother didn’t ask where is my grand-daughter? Something dosen’t make sense here, but I hope for the best, but the mothers comments haven’t been helpful, and her friends have said that she discussed the idea of giving up her daughter for adoption. I don’t think that helps her beliveabilty too much. She is ultimately saying, “I really don’t want this responsibility”.

Pam September 5, 2008, 2:11 PM

Gloria
Casey was gone for a month and when she came back she didn’t have caylee with her. That’s why the grandma didn’t ask. I think she knows (the grandma)what really happened and is covering up for her psycho daughter. They need to torture casey a little and make her talk. What ever happened to truth serium? This guy here in my hometown was in jail almost 3 years because he wouldn’t tell where his kids were. He finally admitted to taking them into the woods,shooting them, and burying them, after taking them for their last meal at McDonalds the first night he took them. He is sick!, and I think Casey is too and she probably killed her daughter.

Barbara September 5, 2008, 5:31 PM

I hope this mother gets the death penalty for what she has obviously done to this precious little girl. If she was a decent human being (which apparently she isn’t )she would just tell the police where to find her and put her soul to rest.With a mother like this the poor child didnt stand a chance.

Abbys Mom September 6, 2008, 11:38 AM

I was sitting at my computer the other day and saw a link to listen to a phone call between Casey and her brother. Casey was in jail when the call happened. If you listen to Casey and how she answers questions and the comments she is making, it really makes you think. The brother kept reminding her over and over that everything she said was public record and being recorded. He asked her if there was anything that she could tell him that he didnt already know. She responded “not off of the top of my head” and proceeded to explain that her attorneys were coming down to talk to her and that they would decide what she was going to say. If you did not kill your daughter, why would someone need to tell you what to say and what not to say and exactly what information to release???

cheri September 9, 2008, 9:51 PM

It is sad that this cute little girl had to die so young - obviously Casey should have never gotten pregnant to begin with but we know that this happens when kids have sex without using protection. I beleive she killed her because she was jealous of the fact that her mom loved the baby more than her and it was her way to get back at her mom. On Nancy Grace a roommate talked about the interraction with her mom at their apartment and that she (Cindy) was pissed as Casey and made her go home with her. The thing that bugs me the most is that Casey never has shown any emotion towards her daughter being missing. She reminds me of a woman in Oregon (Diane Downs) who was more interested in her boyfriends than she was her own daughter. I hope if she is found guilty that she gets the death penalty. If she did not want her daughter she should have allowed her parents to adopt her - I don’t know how Casey sleeps at night - she is a bitch! She also sounds like a spoiled brat.

Anonymous September 18, 2008, 1:23 AM

From Caylee to Mommy

Mommy

Why won’t you tell everyone where I am?
Everybody is looking for me
but they can’t find me
I’m right here where you left me mommy!

Can’t you hear me mommy?
I keep calling for you
But you keep turning away
I thought you would come back and get me
but you never came
I’m still here where you put me
but I don’t look the same!

Mommy why won’t you tell them where I am
I’m scared, I’m all alone
Why can’t I come home?
I miss my bed, and my doggies,
and grandma and pa pa too
My sandbox, and playhouse
I miss being with you too!

Mommy why did you leave me here?
What did I do?
Did I make you mad?
Did I make you sad?
Was I being bad?
I Love you mama and I don’t understand!

Why won’t you just tell them where I am?
You know where you left me
I saw you drive off
you didn’t even look back
I prayed to Jesus cause I was so scared,
And angels came and stayed with me
and they took me to this place called “Heaven”

It’s so beautiful here mama
There is angels and singing
And a man that says he is my Father
His name is Jesus
He said he loves me
And nobody will ever hurt me here

I get to run, and play
There are so many kids here, and little babies too!
But I don’t see you and grandma and pa pa
I’ve looked everywhere for you!
I asked jesus If I could go visit you
And he said I have to wait for you
Until you die
but he said he doesn’t know if you will come to Heaven

he said you may go to hell
What’s hell mommy?
He said that you hurt me, and Jesus doesn’t like it
When people hurt children
But he said he will forgive you
If you ask him….but he said you have to mean it!
and he said he will know if you do
because he knows peoples hearts!

I told Jesus I loved you
and he smiled at me and said “I know you do my child”
She loved you too!
But she didn’t cherish you
he said you didn’t protect me!

He said his heart is Weeping for you!
he said he loves you mommy
He said He loves all his children!
He said you are lying,
and you won’t tell anybody
what you did to me!

He said you won’t tell them where you left me!
You won’t tell them what you did
he said you will get into a lot of trouble
If anyone finds out!

Just tell them mommy
Please show them where I am
So grandma and pa pa don’t worry anymore
Mommy why are you saying
You left me with Zanny!
Who is Zanny mama?

I don’t remember zanny
you said she was my nanny
What is a nanny mommy?
Why arn’t you crying?
Don’t you miss me mommy?
i miss you!

I love you so much
and wish I could come home
but Jesus said I have to stay here
Because this is where innocent children come

and Its beautiful mama
prettier than blanchard park
and many more things to do!
I get to run and play and sing
Laugh, and swim and swing!

I turned 3 here and the angels sang me Happy Birthday!
I sang with them too!
It was so beautiful mama and so loud
did you hear them sing to me?

Oh yeah mommy
there are animals here
doggies, and kitties
and horsies too
Jesus gave me my very own doggie
the very first day I came here!

He told me to take care of my doggie
and that he is my responsiblity
to love and care for him!

Mommy please tell them where you put me
and tell Jesus sorry
because if you don’t I will never ever
get to see you again!

i love you
and I miss you
I will never forget you mommy
or grandma and pa pa too!

Caylee Marie Anthony

Written by Michelle M Wambold

janice September 21, 2008, 12:14 PM

Where is caylee? What is up with this lawyer of casey? Why doesn`t he just let her talk?He must know ……Also if caylee were alive,there is a BIG reward.Anyone who supposedly kidnapped her,wouldn`t they give her back for $225 thousand dollars????? The people protesting should be jailed,awful what they are doing to the neighbors at Casey home.Its not helping.They won`t say anything about their “precious”Casey in a negative way.

crystal keeder October 8, 2008, 8:47 PM

i think the mom should be slaugghterd and killed because of what she is doing to her little girl.she shold be put to prison for life

SINDY October 22, 2008, 1:22 AM

I THINK CAYLEE IS POSSIABLEALIVEHOPE SHE IS EVERYTIME I THINK ABOUT HER IT MAKES ME ANGRY AT HER MOM FOR NOT DOING ANY THING BEING A TEEN MOM HAS NOITHING TO DO WITH REPORTING HER CHILD MISSING IT WAS SO SAD TO HEAR THE STOR Y FOR THOSE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT CAYLEE IM SORRY HOPE SHE SAFE AND ALIVE ITS 95 PERCENT SHE DEAD 5 PERCENT SHE S ALIVE I WISH I COULD HAVE MORE HOPE I WISH CASEY WOULD STOP FU@C&ING LIE AND TELL THE TRUTH ONE WAY SHE GOING TO JAIL IF THE COPS DONT TAAKE CARE OF HER I WILL SHE DESEVES IT

SINSIN October 22, 2008, 1:34 AM

I HOPE CALEE IS FOUND
AND CASEY IS PUT TO JAIL
CASEY STOP LIEING U GOING TO HELL ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

SINSIN2 October 22, 2008, 1:41 AM

I HOPE HER HER MOM CINDY
KNOWS NOITHING IF SHE DOESE MY GOD WHAT A LIAR SHE IS SHE DESERVES TO BE NEXT TO HER MOM IN A JAIL CELL

SINSIN2 October 22, 2008, 1:42 AM

WHERES CAYLEE
WHERES CAYLEE
CASEY TALK WHERES
SHE PLS OPEN UR MPUTH WHERE S SHE

HOPESFORCAYLEE October 22, 2008, 1:44 AM

I HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD BROTHER IF HE WAS MISSING I WOULD KILL MY SELF NOT GO PARTYING WHAT THE F@CK IS WRONG WITH CASEY SHE A MANIC

Saddened Mom October 22, 2008, 11:21 PM

I think Casey used chloroform on Caylee so that she could leave her at home to go out partying. I also think she is dumb enough to have put her in the trunk of her car while she was bar-hopping so that she could check on her and put her under again if she had to. I believe she likely did this more than once and that because of it there was too much chloroform in Caylee’s system, which caused her death. (I don’t know much about the chemical.)Casey panicked and disposed of this precious child rather than face her family and expose her stupidity and selfishness, especially when she had the option of leaving Caylee with her Grandparents. It may sound crazy, just my hunch.

Kim-TX November 9, 2008, 11:39 PM

I had my son at 16 and he is now 21 with a son of his own. So yes it’s better to be older, but age is not the problem here. Casey is a physosiopath(is that how you spell it?) Her parents are just as crazy, you can tell they have made excuses for this B…H ALL HER LIFE!!!! Send her to Texas I bet you a dollar I can get the truth out of her in 5 Min. or less. God bless little Caylee she is in a much better place.

nancy baltinsky December 18, 2008, 7:46 PM

I do not think Casey killed her child, nor did her parents. Here are at least 5 people w/the name of the babysitter Casey says she hired. It seems a very common name in Fla. Why aren’t these ALL checked out before we make horrible accusations. I didn’t believe Patsy Ramsey killed her daughter either—look below: 13 More Records for Zenaida gonzales
Name City State Age People Report
Zenaida Gonzales Tallahassee FL 27 View Details
Zenaida Gonzales Fort Pierce FL 67 View Details
Zenaida Gonzales Pembroke Pines FL 54 View Details
Zenaida Gonzales Port St Lucie FL 67 View Details
See all Records for Zenaida gonzales. Powered by 1.800.US.Search

Evan December 19, 2008, 3:50 AM

who cares anymore theres children being raped and stoned 2 death in africa. this case has gone on since summer and im sick of it. there is several kidnappings of children in the u.s and many few of them make it out alive.

dawn  December 29, 2008, 4:56 AM

DENNIS:

IT IS SAD WHAT HAPPENED TO CAYLEE AND I FEEL SORRY FOR HER FAMILY. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING KATIE BEERS. I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER AND WE WERE IN THE SAME CLASS AND FRIENDS AS WELL. I HAVE MISSED HER EVERYDAY SINCE. ALL THESE YEARS I HAVE BEEN HOPING SHE IS WELL. I CRIED THE DAY THEY FOUND HER. THE TEARS WERE NOT ONLY TEARS OF JOY BUT ALSO SADNESS CAUSE I KNEW I WOULD NEVER GET TO SEE HER EVER AGAIN AND AT THAT AGE IT WAS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. KATIE AND I WERE FRIENDS AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE THAT. MY PARENTS MOVED ME AWAY WHEN SHE WAS FOUND. THEY MOVED US TO INDIANA AND I HAVE NOT BEEN THE SAME. I ALWAYS REMEMBER KATIE CAUSE SHE WAS STRONG, STRONGER THEN I WILL EVER BE. I AM JUST SO GLAD THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT HER AND KEEP HER STORY ALIVE. CAUSE LETS FACE IT SHE LIVED 17 DAYS TUCKED AWAY AND THEY NEVER STOPPED LOOKING. I AM JUST GLAD THAT JOHN GAVE UP BEFORE DOING THE WORST…THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO PROVE A POINT TO CAYLEE’S STORY.

DAWN