College Girl Trend: Dating Daddy

Guest blogger WantSugarDaddy: As I am entering my senior year in university, my girlfriends and I have decided that this year we will only date older men. We have determined, through trial and error, that college boys just don't cut it. So when I mentioned this to a friend of mine I was surprised by her response.

daddydate.jpg

My friend already IS dating an older man, and while my definition of older was in the range of 25-28, she had snagged a 34-year-old father. Now don't get me wrong--I am 100% supportive of the May/December romance, but this is pushing it. I know for a fact that my friend has no interest whatsoever in being either a friend or role model to this child. In fact, she has not even told me the gender or the age of the child, he or she is referred to solely as "it." I don't even know if this man is married or divorced.

When I brought this to the attention of my other girlfriends, none of them were really surprised. One of them actually confessed to dating her boss--also mid-30s and with a kid--for the past three months. She, too, had no desire to interact with the child and would simply ignore the little girl's existence when both of them were in the apartment together.

Now, call me a prude, but it just doesn't seem right that these 21-year-old college girls are going to be around your little one, especially when they will be ignoring them and being inappropriate in front of them. Seeing Daddy come home with a drunken college girl hanging all over him and following him to his room is not the kind of thing I would want ANY child to see. However, this seems to be a trend in my university town and many others.

Moms what would you say to your 21-year old-daughter if she was shacking up with an older man and around his kid?  And what would you do if your ex or husband was messing around with a college girl in front of your children?

next: Simplicity Inc. Recalls Bassinets
Jennifer August 29, 2008, 3:15 PM

I think casually dating is fine, but not around the kids or if the man is married. If they’re not not interested in being in a serious relationship with the man for a long time, then she shouldn’t meet or be around the kids.

Amanda August 29, 2008, 3:37 PM

I was one of these girls. Too be honest I was using the man I was with for money. He was almost 20 years older than me. When I was with him he was kind, took me to nice places and helped with my bills. I told him I loved him and he didn’t expect too much so I was able to go out and do what I wanted. This happened years ago and would never happen again for me. it was wrong. I wound up hurting him when I found someone closer to my age that I actually wanted to be with for LOVE! Maybe a 10 year age gap is okay but more than that is pushing it long-term.

Anonymous August 31, 2008, 11:49 AM

They probably just want a sugar daddy.

needs to lose a few lbs September 3, 2008, 5:23 PM

i think that men and women alike need to make consious decision about; dating,and their love life.if is not serious, then i dont thonk that the children need to be exposed, to people who are not their parents, or who do not have the childs best interest at heart. i would completely flip out if my children (especially my 4 year old daughter) were around these trashy girls, who think that its ok to act inappropriate around children, what kind of example is that. and for that matter women need to be careful who they let around their children as well. as a mother i think that people need to keep their children away from trashy little whores like described in this article

Anna September 4, 2008, 11:25 PM

its pathetic how some woman who are at that stage in life cling to their boyfreinds/ sugar daddy for financial support. I noticed that many woman move strait from their parents and in with their boyfreind and never live without depending on someone more secure financially. It is for shame because these woman are setting themselves up for trouble.

davy September 5, 2008, 10:36 AM

I think this is perfectly ok as long as he is not married. Now the girl is being a jerk for ignoring his child(ren) but that is up to them to work out.

Ange October 7, 2008, 5:27 PM

My senior year in college (age 20) I started dating my boss (32) who had a 12 year old daughter. It had nothing to do with money, I didn’t need a ‘sugar-daddy’, I was living by myself and supporting myself. I didn’t meet his daughter until things got serious, but when I did we got along great. Now we’re living together with a little one of our own. My point is sometimes age doesn’t matter. We have a lot in common, get along great, and love each other and our daughter very much! And his daughter from a previous relationship is a very big part of both of our lives.

lenah March 10, 2009, 4:27 PM

I agree with Ange. I am 21 and in a serious relationship with a 33-year-old man. We’ve been together for 2 years. We were very close friends first, did not have sex until we had been together and serious for close to six or seven months, and honestly neither of us ever notice an age difference until someone else brings it up. He has no children. I am financially independent, always insist on taking turns with checks, and we are very close and loved by each other’s families.

This seems to focus more on the kid aspect, which we don’t have, but don’t let it be about the age thing. Maybe your ex-husband IS shacking up with a college girl in front of your kids, but make it about the girl themselves, not about their age.

Sugardaddie June 9, 2010, 3:53 AM

Hey Dude,
Really your thought will be a great mainstream for those who are looking for Sugardaddie. As it sounds very good though i would like to light it at the wall of my facebook.

Sugardaddys June 21, 2010, 4:59 AM

I recently tweeted and stumbled upon your post. Really your post is very informative and I enjoyed your opinions. Do you use twitter or stumbleupon? So I can follow you there. I am hoping you post again soon.