Found! A Cure for Back Fat

Now there's one more body flaw to obsess about.

Woman in swim suit

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) says 20 women have already gone under the knife for a "bra line back lift" procedure to eliminate their back fat.

Apparently the one-hour operation removes "dreaded" back fat rolls and lumps. Do we really need this organization to dictate what is wrong with our bodies?

A follow-up study of seven patients found "uniformly positive" results -- and found the bra line back lift is a "safe and powerful" surgery. Here's how it works: Doctors sew the tissue together where the patient's bra would sit, so the scar can be hidden under a bathing suit top.

What do you think? Will this new procedure help women -- or is it just accentuating a new "problem area"?

next: Moms Are Talking About
Shane September 16, 2008, 7:18 AM

As a personal trainer I dont really like to see anyone go under the knife, at least not until after they have tried other methods.

Chanel September 16, 2008, 9:07 AM

The way the economy is right now, who can afford such frivolities? Learn to love yourself just as you are, and pooh on people who are judgemental. At least it keeps your pocket book fuller.

Sue September 16, 2008, 7:29 PM

If I see another magazine in the grocery store aisle focusing on some celebrities cellulite I think I’ll Puke!! Please people stop buying these magazines and watching the mean spirited shows that do nothing except point out peoples flaws! These types of shallow media don’t do anyone any good! It’s the basest type of voyeurism.

amanda September 18, 2008, 9:00 PM

I would totally love to get this surgery. I have been working out for over two years with and without a personal trainer. I have not been able to conquer this spot at all.

Denise September 19, 2008, 9:56 PM

Plastic Surgery is a personal choice. Not only should you not be judged based on your appearance and learn to live with what you have if that is your choice, those who choose to “fix” something they don’t like should not be judged either.

Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is a personal choice and you should do your research to be sure you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has the experience to perform the procedure you want.

lal May 3, 2010, 9:38 PM

I’m just like Amanda, I’ve been exercising all my life and I’m not fat, but I have back rolls on my middle back can’t get rid of. Only thing is stoping me is a huge scar, wich I don’t think is worth doing it.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 1:00 PM

Great site! Enjoyable and fun reading. I just have one point to give about t-shirts.