The Secret Your Man Isn't Telling You About Your Body

We recently ran a story called "Brits Like 'Em Big" about a U.K. fashion magazine's eye-opening survey, revealing that British men prefer women with a little meat on their bones--an American size 10 to be exact. But do dudes across the U.S. feel the same way?

brits_like_em_big_slash.jpg

The story caused quite a stir on this side of the pond. We were pretty satisfied with the results until we thought--wait, do American guys feel that way? And if they do, why the hell are we always dieting?

We went on a mission and put together a range of eight bikini-clad body types (see our Body Type Board below) and hit the streets.

bodythumb2.jpg

We surveyed more than 2000 men and women in New York, Los Angeles and the Midwest--and, it didn't matter whether they were on the East Coast, West Coast, or smack in the middle of the country--men and women (overwhelmingly) chose the same body type as their favorite. Can you guess which one?

To see which body type men like best, click here for PAGE 2.

Click on the gallery below to see all our models and their sizes--and tell us who you think has the best body.

Related Galleries

next: Leave Those Kids Alone
JENIFER September 5, 2008, 8:20 AM

men can go f—k them selves there not gods gift to women , WOMEN ARE GODS GIFE TO MEN

REMBER THAT LADIES

Hip September 5, 2008, 8:39 AM

Wow. Talk about slanted to get tht eresults that you want. Look at the poses. Most of them are showing no confidence, of an unattractive pose. Only #1 and #8 looked comfortable. You get the results that you want by showing what you want us to vote for. Try looking at before/after photos, the before almost always is either not smiling or a totally different shot of them person. NOT COOL.

Jessica September 5, 2008, 8:45 AM

Humm.. What do I think Of this? Ya That survey was crap, I think that whoever Put it together, they should have showcased the women in the same manor, same suite same pose same everything. Also The chick that said that she’d take a swimmers or a volleyball players body to a gymnast is sills. I think that if you were to take a gymnast to a v-ball player their body’s are built different too. First of all gymnasts are usually under age 18 therefor there not quite women yet. and the v-ball players are women and have grown. Either way they are all incredible athletes! Which brings me back to THIS SURVEY SHOULD BE DONE AGAIN IN A FAIR MANOR!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT!

Sean September 5, 2008, 9:07 AM

I hope you didn’t show the models’ photos in order like you show us on this website. That’s a psychological cue to any people surveyed that you started with the thinnest and worked your way up by size. If you wanted more honest results, you would mix up the photos so those surveyed couldn’t sense any order to the models.

me September 5, 2008, 9:17 AM

Not surprising, number one also has the largest breasts for her size. C’mon if she had been a size 0 with no breasts then number two might have been chosen,although her legs are a bit large for her size. The bodies aren’t good for comparing.

Misty September 5, 2008, 9:21 AM

who really cares? All that matters is that you are happy with your body…I know I’m way to busy to care about pleasing the world with my body!

ashley September 5, 2008, 9:29 AM

I think the biggest deal breaker with this survey was breast size! The model with the most votes also had the nicest breasts….the others where nonexistant or floppy and saggy. Big surprise huh?

dontneedtoknow September 5, 2008, 9:29 AM

THIS POST IS SO TERRIBLE . . I know plenty of women sizes 4-14 whose bodies are gorgeous with flat stomaches and look at the poses from model 1 from model 2 . . of course you have an itty bitty woman mash to together her size b breast it will look nice do that to a size 7/8 woman with a nice butt and c cup size . . i dont even blog but I had to with this garbage story and pics … this writer or whoever did this story obviously get no play or doesnt know how to find nice shapped women . . I would never read anything that man has to say about women . . he needs to go read a book or go home alone and wish he a woman . . and if a woman did this she should be disgraced for her lousy interpretation and poor judgement

RANDI September 5, 2008, 9:39 AM

To start off, size zero is only a designer size to make stars feel skinnier! Ever notice the more you pay for clothes, the smaller your size gets?Case in point, Jennifer Love Hewitt a size 2? c’mon, I was smaller than her and never wore a size 2. I am 5’1 ,weighed 101 when I got married and wore a size 6. to wear a size 1 you would have to weigh…80? c’mon. A boyfriend of mine told me “I hate really skinny girls, I feel like I’m screwing a 12 year old!”

Fletcher Lyons September 5, 2008, 10:04 AM

One woman of color featured here…as usual people of color omitted. But I’m tried of seeming so many over weigh and oldbeast black women. Black women are the most curvy women of all but they are the fattest, oldbeastest women also.

Oblivionous September 5, 2008, 10:16 AM

Who cares if #1 has implants, if I can feel them, their pretty real to me, lol. But I’d have to say I’d go for #1 as well.

Sonney Dey September 5, 2008, 10:26 AM

My Children,
I ask that the biatches offer them selves
freely to men and get the semen flowing.
Only THEN will this heinous plague of
“Saliva” use subside.

—Dali Lamma

Shin September 5, 2008, 10:30 AM

I’d take any of them from 5 on down to 1 to be honest.

Tolvie September 5, 2008, 10:41 AM

It is true, the way a person looks may be the first connection. But how a woman BENEFITS is how she makes her significant other feel about themselves. You can have a 10 star queen, but if she makes you feel like you are worth nothing, you don’t want to be with her. And the tricks in surveys, like so many people have mentioned here, are different models, different poses. And sometimes a face can make the body look different. Some faces make the body look good, and some faces will make you forego a beautiful body. Just my thoughts. I have been looking at women for 54 years…

beach bum September 5, 2008, 10:43 AM

I hate women who look like they just came out of a concentration camp but I also dont want to roll them in flour to find a wet spot !

LuvinLager September 5, 2008, 11:13 AM

It always amazing me how a ‘man’ prefers a size zero no matter what size they are. Hmmm, personally I prefer a size 10 and I’m not talking about their waist size. How about if we ask women what ‘size’ they prefer and how we find our choices in the 10 size are lacking.

Mary September 5, 2008, 11:19 AM

Who the heck said size 10 was large….

LuvinLager September 5, 2008, 11:25 AM

Mary……I mean a 10 inch on a man. I certainly wouldn’t want their size ‘0’ would you?

Ashley Anderson September 5, 2008, 11:41 AM

This is so unscientific as to be absurd. It is also, in my opinion, extremely irresponsible.

As has been noted, there was no attempt whatsoever to isolate one variable (in this case, it should have been body size). Breast size was different, body shapes widely varied, skin tones differed, and the designers of the study even seemed to neglect simple things, such as bothering to have the models wear the same bathing suit.

It is not as simple as gathering a random group of women and taking pictures or even gathering similar women and taking pictures. Shape, proportion, the ratio of one body parts size to another must be consistent for a valid study of this type. Even if the researchers had bothered to attempt a better study by keeping something obvious, such as breast size, consistent, this would not have been enough. They can’t all be a C cup. They have to have the same proportional breast size in relation to the rest of the body. If this study were to be conducted properly, perhaps the only way to eliminate all variables other that body size would digitally modify images of the same woman to different clothing sizes, keeping all other variable constant.

On a different note, Model one’s body type is not standard for women who typically wear a size 0. Her breasts are unusually large, and her body proportions are atypical. She is attractive, but there was no attempt to use other women of even vaguely similar proportions.

Jan September 5, 2008, 11:43 AM

Could this have been any more of a no-brainer??

WHY did they put all of the heavy women in HIDEOUS, UNFLATTERING SUITS? ALL of the women should have been wearing the same bikini. Also, most of the heavier bodies were NOT representative of large beautiful women. It isn’t fair to compare the bodies of YOUNG MODELS with AVERAGE OLDER WOMEN.

It would also have been more fair to mix them up instead of putting the absurdly obvious winners first.

Please take my suggestions and give us a more intelligent and sophisticated and artistic survey. Find some large, beautiful models and give them a decent bikini!!!