Can Cheating Save Your Marriage?

Absolutely, says the founder of an online service that helps people commit adultery.

noel biderman ceo ashley madison silhouette click to reaveal

There's a controversial Web site out there called Ashley Madison that's essentially a matchmaking service for cheaters. Its slogan? "Life is short, have an affair." To date, it has 2,490,000 members and counting. And it was created by--get this--a married father of two.

Here's how it works: Anyone can log on to the site and for a one-time fee of $49, users create a private profile to send e-mails, chat and wink--much like a mainstream dating service. The only difference is that the so-called daters are all married. Because, according to the owners, cheating is "a serious and emotional decision," there is no recurring monthly fee, and users can come and go as they please. When the credit card arrives, Ashley Madison is labeled as an innocuous charge. Says one momlogic staffer: "I signed up to see if guys would really respond--and queries from married men were flooding my inbox within 30 minutes. And they didn't stop coming--every 20 minutes, another would pop up."

Here are some real solicitations from married men:

"To be honest, I am not looking to leave my wife but I do miss having a sexual connection in my life. My wife completely lost her sex drive since birth of our child. I love to please women and I'm very generous in bed. Plus I'll always respect your boundaries."

• "I love to have sex but my wife and I don't do it nearly enough. I'm looking for someone who can meet up once or twice a week. We don't always have to go to a hotel, we can just enjoy each others' company...I'm a very social guy, and I love meeting new people. I've got a strong sexual appetite, and I typically will go for an hour or more. Not trying to brag, but I really do like to savor the experience. Sex is always best when you're keeping it interesting and I consider myself very adventurous in the bedroom. If all this sounds interesting to you, let's get to know each other!"

"I'm your typical executive who is looking for something more. I value trust, honesty, and above all, discretion. I am hoping to find married women who have no desire to leave their husbands but just want to add some fun to their life. I love an intelligent and opinionated woman...If you are interested in having an open, trusting and ongoing affair, then please feel free to write me. Thanks for your time."

We spoke to Noel Biderman, the 37-year-old aforementioned married father of two and Chief Operating Officer of Ashley Madison, on the state of marriage today and why he created such a controversial service.

Find out if this married Ashley Madison founder and father of two is a cheater as well.

next: Stand Up to Cancer
RLC September 6, 2008, 1:35 AM

P,
Please stop. You’re killing me here. You write like an 11 year old.
Please dude….please, i’m begging you.

bee September 6, 2008, 1:36 AM

Married people cheating is still Adultery and is still a sin agaisnt God and the institution of marriage. It’s a shame how people have trivialized this issue. Marriage was ordained by God and this makes it a natural thing. Cheating is very “unnatural” and those of you that say cheating saved your marriage…it’s the devil playing tricks on you…stop cheating and committing adultery before it’s too late. Hell is real, don’t play with fire!!! You all need JESUS for real! Accept Him today and i promise your life will never remain the same…

Dave September 6, 2008, 1:40 AM

My Wife and I have been married for 11 years now but she has lost her sex drive. If i get some its once or twice a year and to her thats too much. She has told me to go and find me some but with STD and the other stuff out there its scary.If i was ever to cheat on her the person would have to be tested with on strings attached

RLC September 6, 2008, 1:45 AM

and you Dave, stop fishing.

P September 6, 2008, 1:46 AM

IT BE SOO FUNNY IF U ALL ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO FALL FOR THIS STUPID CRAP PAID UR MONEY GET NOTHING BACK WHOS DUMB ENOUGH TO FALL FOR THIS PEOPLEWILL BEIELEVE ANYTHING THEY HEAR NOT OF WHAT THEY SEE NO WONDER WHY THIS WORLD IS SO DAFT- BLINDISIDED. PARENTSMUST HAVE RAISED A BUNCH OF DUMBAZZEZIF U WERE SMART ENOUGH THEY ALL SAY IM LEAVING MY WIFE/HUSBAND U CAN TRUST ME UR SO BEAUTIFUL SMART ANY CHEESY CLICHE IF U LIKE GETTING USED AND TREATED LIKE CRAP DONT COME BACK TO WHOMEVER N WHINE ABOUT IT EN COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW U BEEN TRREATED BY JERK A#$holes like these one whn u dont even have the denceny to be with a decent person who is 100% caring worthy respectful then u come back complaining about how the decent ones are no good if ur not happy leave but udont have the strength to cheaters see that as a vulernable weak point u let him get away with it sooner orlater u will be so sick of the crap u wont want to be involved with the opposite sex u may turn GAY. my cousin she has been in the same situations as everyone related to this so called website all her bf have either cheated on her n/or turned gay. i see how the story goes its all the same bs all the time same stupid drama in the end.

RLC September 6, 2008, 1:50 AM

P,
again I plead with you to STOP YOUR NON-SENSICAL POSTS. Please somebody stop him. My I.Q. drops everytime I come across one of his run-on sentences.
Stop the maddness!!!

Dave September 6, 2008, 1:51 AM

RLC didnt see that your pro wright but I am to chicken anyway

p September 6, 2008, 1:56 AM

back in the mid evil times if u commit adultery they call that treason therfore u get ur head cutoff with everyone watching i say hang them first then once they hang from the ground cut there head off.. burned them while they are hanging.

Up late September 6, 2008, 1:57 AM

RLC, your giving me belly hurt laughs…but I agree, P my brain is dyslexic reading your thoughts.
Take a deep breath, slow down, hope you feel better now…

DON  September 6, 2008, 1:59 AM

ARE YOU CHASING SEX OR AFFECTION ?
WHAT IF “DON’T TOUCH ME OR YOUR ARM IS TOO HEAVY ” IS THE RESPONSE YOU GET IF YOU APPROACH UR PARTNER ? OR IS YOUR PARTNER’S REASON I WON’T BE AFFECTIONATE IS THAT YOU FEEL THAT ONLY MEANS I WANT SEX?
DOES AN AFFAIR HAVE TO HAVE SEX OR IS SHARING WARM AND TENDER FEELINGS BE CONSIDERED AN AFFAIR ?

Nothingness September 6, 2008, 2:01 AM

All you people’s pains, confusions, resentments, emotional heartaches, and
tragedies in life warms my heart.

chanel September 6, 2008, 2:04 AM

I had to go on there to check it out what a bunch of losers. They post there pics no less. Why be married they should get a life. What a money maker site its pathetic

David September 6, 2008, 2:05 AM

Okie dokie folks. I’ve submitted my thougts on this subject an hour ago and it’s 1:57est. Guess what? I’ve informed you of additonal information you’ve not considered by providing an email with your thoughts on the subject. My comments have yet to be added to the blog. If your open enough to have an affair, send an email address to bronkbstr@aol.com. I’m single and avaliable, however I’m disabled and could use your help and promise to not charge as much as the site in discussion. The funds will assist with setting up a site to fund my medical needs; since our goverment is so pro to cutting the needs of the disabled. Please fund my cause for a real pupose to have an affair if this is your wishes.

RLC September 6, 2008, 2:05 AM

Glad to see you found the cap button P.
This is progress.

p September 6, 2008, 2:07 AM

rlc im not a Guy a guy doesnt write the way i just wrote typical guys/girls think diff talk write diff duh but if u think im a guy lol then u must be either the fool or the gay girl or the gay guy nobody cant hang the harsh truth of reality dont get involved just because someone like me is outspoken cant hack it leave the scene girl

RLC September 6, 2008, 2:13 AM

P, my good friend.
My best guess was an 11 year old child or someone from the deep south.

Tony September 6, 2008, 2:14 AM

People cheat due to the fact of lack of sex in the bedroom and/or never home…work, work, work…when two are togather and have a combine salaries that over the normal yearly income…and sex is the only thing missing…will be the sex..trying not to lose everything else…oh divorce from a man point of view…he loses big time in the court room…it’s best to keep and play then to be broke not able to ever play

Up late September 6, 2008, 2:14 AM

Laughing out loud again…but now you’ve done it…P wants to spar with you.

RLC September 6, 2008, 2:17 AM

P, sweeti pie.
Wake up mommy or daddy and have them type for you so the nice people on this site dont have to wade through your posts trying to make sense of them.

RLC September 6, 2008, 2:22 AM

He’s going to have my head!