Casey Anthony's Disturbing Text Messages

The Florida State Attorney's Office has just released documents that include conversations and text messages from Casey Anthony weeks before daughter Caylee was reported missing. Check out the highlights.

casey anthony partying

Nearly 600 pages of interviews between detectives, family and friends, as well as hundreds of text messages from Anthony's cell phone, have been made public, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Here are the highlights:

Smell in the car

• In late June, Casey Anthony talked to her friend Amy Huizenga about the "horrible smell" in her car and she couldn't figure out the source. She said it smelled like something had died and the odor was coming from the engine. She told her friend that she thought her dad may have hit an animal when he borrowed her car. Days later, she told Huizenga that she found an animal "plastered" to the frame of her car.

• Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony that the smell came from a couple of squirrels that had crawled into the engine and died.

Jealousy between Casey Anthony and her mother

Cindy Anthony's friend, Brittany Schieber, told detectives there were jealousy issues between the mother and daughter. "Cindy ... told me that her and Casey were having issues because Casey was having a jealousy issue about the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother and she didn't like it."

Text messages

• As the news of Caylee's disappearance and Casey Anthony's lies became public, her friends' text messages changed from friendly banter to feeling of betrayal. "Dude, don't lie or lose your kid and pretend it didn't happen. I have a lot in common with her too," Huizenga texted a friend. "We were really close for months. She fooled us all. You aren't crazy, she is."

Casey Anthony sent Huizenga dozens of messages about her relationship troubles, planning parties and nights out at bar, with little mention of Caylee, except for a text message dated June 6, in which she tells her friend that she is a "Proud momma" after her daughter used the bathroom for the first time.

What do you think?

next: Jessica Alba's Bangin' Post Baby Bod
Joe Lascola September 24, 2008, 4:53 PM

There is no ? that she killed her daughter. If I were the police I would drill her all night long and her parents.

JG September 24, 2008, 5:07 PM

Ms. Dallas September 24, 2008, 5:10 PM

I have been following this case for a while. I feel for the grandparents, and its evident (from listening to her talk to her mother from recorded conversations) that Casey runs things in that house. They are not getting any answers because Cindy & George are not standing up to Ms. Thing…I would send her outside to the protesters and make her walk all night looking for my grand-daughter.. If anything, I would beak her down, the police wouldn’t have to. Everyone is giving Casey all of the attention that she has been wanting from her mother/father all along. Maybe if she would have been ignored we would know by now where that poor baby is.

Ms. Dallas Part 2 September 24, 2008, 6:29 PM

I am glad that Zenida Gonzalez
(the SUPPOSED to be Nanny) has filed a lawsuit on Casey. Everyone should that she has lied on. This chick is a whack job and she is playing this out like a movie in her own lil fantasy world. Dr. Phil hit the nail dead-on. This chick definately has some sort of mental instability.

SHARON September 24, 2008, 6:44 PM

SHE IS GUILTY AND SO ARE HER PARENTS UNTIL THEY TAKE A LIE DTECTOR TEST,BECAUSE I FEEL THEY KNOW,AND ARE HOLDING IMPORTANT EVIDENCE!I THINK THE ATT’S ARE MAKING THEM SAY THEYBBELIEVE SHE IS ALIVE AS TO PROTECT THEIR DAUGHTER!

TigerLily September 24, 2008, 7:34 PM

I have followed this case from day one and cannot believe that this girl is still not being charged with her daughters death. She is a liar, and a sociopath. And her mother is just as crazy as she is. First accusing her daughter of foul play based on the obvious evidence, and now protecting her??? They have both changed their stories over and over…and continue to open their mouths spewing lie after lie. You would think that their lawyers would tell them to “shut up” already! And what about the protesters? Do these people even work or have a life? Just arrest her and put her in prison in general population and the issue will work itself out!!!

lgm September 24, 2008, 9:31 PM

Where can we find a copy of the 600 pages online or at least her text messages?

praying4baby#2 September 25, 2008, 2:25 AM

Her parents have to know that she is guilty and are trying to protect her!

SHE KILLED THAT LITTLE GIRL SOMEHOW!!

As a mother myself, I would be pacing the streets at night hoping to find my daughter! Or making a plea for my child on the news! I wouldn’t be able to function!!

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 10:41 AM

KEEP HER IN JAILLLLLLL if the sistuation was flipped and it was a male that left her killed his child he would be in prison for life i would keep her in jail till she cracks get a lie detector or something to something more than yall are doing now

Kim September 25, 2008, 10:55 AM

REVOKE HER BOND
REVOKE HER BOND
REVOKE HER BOND

I am a mother as well and if my daughter put my granddaughter in harms way, lies about where she is or what she has done with her, makes a fool of herself everytime she opens her mouth I would open my front door - throw my daughter on the lawn for the protesters to say there peace then call the police to come pick up the trash off my lawn because I would have already REVOKED HER BOND and let her lie to the cops while she is in JAIL. I think the whole family are idiots and I have no pity for any of them because they are harboring this ANIMAL who has no care in the world but her dam SELF…. Cindy should have taken that baby from her sad excuse for a daughter a long time ago becuase the SIGNS were there and she did nothing and still does nothing…

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 2:32 PM

She should be in jail and her mom is a psyco too. You can tell based on the conversations between her mom that she runs the show in that home. She is a loser and will rot in hell for what she has done. Put her in jail and let the inmate get it out of her. She deserves more then what she did to her daughter.

Jean September 25, 2008, 3:51 PM

It makes you wonder what kind of job Cindy Anthony did as a mother to produce a psycho like her daughter Casey. And where is GEORGE ANTHONY in all of this??? The guy is an EX-COP and you never hear a word out of him….because he knows his daughter is a murderess…any cop would have known the score from day one! The brother Lee tries in the beginning to get his sister to cooperate because she is mouthing off to her mother like the spoiled brat that she is. Now Lee is just as bad as the rest of them, an enabler, assisting his poor excuse of a human being of a sister in murdering a poor innocent child. If there is any justice in the world these people will all suffer in the end. I don’t know what kind of life they’re living in the prison cell they call a home…can you imagine??? They are already living a sentence so really what does it matter. Caylee is never coming back, the mother from hell will pay, and the grandparents and Uncle Lee will have blood on their hands for the rest of their lives.

Cheryl September 25, 2008, 4:11 PM

I lost a son 27 years ago he was 13 and missing for 24 days, I almost went crazy. If it hadn’t been for my 14 month old I would have probably killed myself after hearing my son and two of his friends drowned/hypothermia. You can’t function, you feel like its a sin to smile it hurts to take a shower, your stomach cannot hold food, the only thing you can think about is seeing your child walk in the door and say Mom I’m home. This girl has unfortunately killed her daughter and I cannot belieive the grandmother comes outside to argue with the protestors. The protestors need to find work in the fields so they won’t have to protest that there are illegal aliens working here that shouldn’t be. Get a life and the ones that bring their kids, If you want drama become an actor.

Gail September 25, 2008, 4:39 PM

I wonder how it feels to be the most hated person in America? I want to throw up everytime I hear Caseys interrogation tapes uh-hum,uh-hum no emotion what so ever.What kind of inhumane animal is she????I keep waiting for news that have arrested her for her beautiful daughters murder. I would like to think Caylee is still alive but it is only wishful thinking.

EMILY September 25, 2008, 5:39 PM

I too think that she killed that darling little girl. I cannot understand why her parents are standing up for her. Nothing that she has said has been the truth so far. Lies, lies, lies, is all she has told. I have two small children and if either of them came up missing, I would DIE!!! I would not be able to function without them and would do anything I could to get them back. We all know what happened to Caylee, as sad as it is to say. I just want to know when her stupid parents are going to wake up and throw her loser butt out to the wolves!! And when are the police going to step up and do something?? None of it makes sense!! Casey deserves to be locked up and have the key thrown away, after she fesses up to where the poor little angel is so she can finally rest in peace. Casey is not human, she is a demon from the pitts of hell.

anonymous September 25, 2008, 6:20 PM

how do you get a copy of the released documents???

dixiechik September 25, 2008, 6:29 PM

(JG on September 24, 2008 5:07 PM wrote: I don’t understand why they aren’t questioning her (or anyone) anymore… What exactly ARE police doing at this point? Seems like it’s pretty obvious what happened…)

I just wanted to answer JG; the police can no longer question a suspect once they have an attorney, not unless the attorney agrees. Her attorney will never agree to that. Questioning her is just a waste of time anyway considering all she does is lie and take them on dead end leads.

I think that the police are waiting as long as they can to find Caylee’s body. They have enough evidence to charge her, but proving beyond a resonable doubt to a jury is a whole other ballgame. Once they try her for the murder, if she is not convicted, they cannot try her again, no matter what evidence they find or even if she confesses. It’s double jepordy. I guess they just want a solid case before charging her.

Just my two cents for they day! This case has sickened me from day one, but I do believe what goes around comes around. And it always does.

KBee September 25, 2008, 6:45 PM

I’ll bet Casey WAS having nightmares! I shutter to think of what actually happened to that poor child.
I’m sorry, but if my child was abducted, stolen, missing…I wouldn’t be sittin’ on my rear all day in Jose’s office. I’d be scouring every street in all of creation looking for her. She isn’t looking because she knows there is no child to be found. And, by the looks of things she may just get away with it. It makes me sick. What does it take in the state of Florida to get a murder charge anyway? Curious.

kirt September 25, 2008, 9:00 PM

Enough is Enough let’s charge her for murder. Burn in hell Casey Anthony!!!!

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 9:51 PM

It is interesting to me how people don’t seem to get that this case is NOT just about this little girl, Caley, or her wicked mother, Casey. This case is about more. It is about you, your brother, sister, mother, father, friend or stranger. It is about Miranda and due process. I much as it pains me to say this this DOES NOT have to a a word. Miranda case operates to insure that suspects of a crime are duly advised of the RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, IF YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE UP THAT RIGHT ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW. Think about what this means. Put aside your emotions for one minute and really thing about what this means in the broader context. What if god forbid, you or a loved one find yourself in a situation where you a accused of a crime and you don’t really have an alibi other than you were at home asleep. No one saw you and you match the description. Later your pick up, you get an attorney and the first thing they say is SHUT UP and don’t speak to ANYONE but me. This includes the police. What do you do? Do you give up your right to remain silent and hope you can support what your saying to the police. These protections are not for Casey Anthony or anyone person. They are for every American who may be accused of crime where your very freedom is put in jeopardy. There are some who will never understand the concept of what their rights actually are. I was that way. I learned the hard way. It is of course tragic what is happening with regard to this case, no doubt, but should this person be forced to speak against her will because of the gravity and severity of this case? Where do you then draw the line? In what case should we force self incriminating interrogation? You have rights. don’t be so quick to push them aside because of this case because next time, hopefully not, your right to remain silent may not not be there. Thank God for the rule of law.