Casey Anthony's Disturbing Text Messages

The Florida State Attorney's Office has just released documents that include conversations and text messages from Casey Anthony weeks before daughter Caylee was reported missing. Check out the highlights.

casey anthony partying

Nearly 600 pages of interviews between detectives, family and friends, as well as hundreds of text messages from Anthony's cell phone, have been made public, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Here are the highlights:

Smell in the car

• In late June, Casey Anthony talked to her friend Amy Huizenga about the "horrible smell" in her car and she couldn't figure out the source. She said it smelled like something had died and the odor was coming from the engine. She told her friend that she thought her dad may have hit an animal when he borrowed her car. Days later, she told Huizenga that she found an animal "plastered" to the frame of her car.

• Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony that the smell came from a couple of squirrels that had crawled into the engine and died.

Jealousy between Casey Anthony and her mother

Cindy Anthony's friend, Brittany Schieber, told detectives there were jealousy issues between the mother and daughter. "Cindy ... told me that her and Casey were having issues because Casey was having a jealousy issue about the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother and she didn't like it."

Text messages

• As the news of Caylee's disappearance and Casey Anthony's lies became public, her friends' text messages changed from friendly banter to feeling of betrayal. "Dude, don't lie or lose your kid and pretend it didn't happen. I have a lot in common with her too," Huizenga texted a friend. "We were really close for months. She fooled us all. You aren't crazy, she is."

Casey Anthony sent Huizenga dozens of messages about her relationship troubles, planning parties and nights out at bar, with little mention of Caylee, except for a text message dated June 6, in which she tells her friend that she is a "Proud momma" after her daughter used the bathroom for the first time.

What do you think?

next: Jessica Alba's Bangin' Post Baby Bod
Cheryl September 26, 2008, 7:47 AM

RE: Anonymous, are you kidding me.This case isn’t about anything but this poor little girl and her lying,partying mother who thought having a social life was worth more than having a beautiful child like Caylee. The only reason someone would remain silent in this situation is if they were guilty.Who in the world would even think Casey has any rights, after what she did. The only right I think she should have is to tell the truth, after she is found guilty of hurting this little girl, I hope she rots in hell for what she did.

Kingpin 56 September 26, 2008, 1:11 PM

I, like almost everyone else, believes that this wacko killed her daughter. The one theory that intrigues me is the possibility that Casey dumped her daughters body in one of those garbage bins near where her car ran out of gas. I’m pretty positive that police have already looked into this but if you look the big picture you can see how this could play out. Casey either intended to kill her daughter (which i don’t buy) or she needed to put Caylee to sleep for the night so she could go dancing & partying. Long story short, Casey comes out to find Caylee unconscious,maybe even dead. Casey panics, stuffs the poor little girl in garbage bags, puts her in the trunk and maybe even keeps her in there for a few days before deciding to dispose of her body. I think anybody who has follows this case knows that Casey isn’t capable of making any smart decisions so she would most likely look for a quick and easy way to get rid of the body. My hope is that Casey will eventually crack but i wouldn’t bet on it.

Holly September 26, 2008, 6:39 PM

I bet she doesnt know where she is, she probably traded her to some pervert child molester for drugs and has no idea what became of her. Casey should be tortured till she confesses. Poor Caylee, I pray she is by some chance ok.

2mnekatz September 26, 2008, 7:23 PM

When is the last time any of us have ever heard of a squirrel climbing into a car engine?

EXACTLY NEVER.

Squirrels don’t climb into car engines to sleep in a warm place out of the cold; Cats do. Casey Anthony just pulls any explanation out of thin air with no basis of fact or reason.

And as for the protesters outside the Anthony home—

I am in favor of them being there because I don’t think Casey Anthony deserves to be out of jail at all, and she CERTAINLY does not deserve to sit in her house unmolested.

where is the justice? September 26, 2008, 11:34 PM

I am also trying to find the transcripts and text messages to read anyone know?

me September 27, 2008, 1:41 AM

This girl definetly has a lot of emotional problems that are obviously not noticeable to the lay person. Her mother obviously noticed she was different,by the way she talked to her friends about her, calling her psycho, and telling people she will rob them and leave them. Then why I ask did you see all these things, and, probably for years, and, not do anything about it? But, let her continue to deceive everyone! And now because she was never checked out for mental problems we’re suprised this could happen? Again another display of Cindy’s denial, noone wants to believe their child may be mentally ill. But, it’s plain to see, she’s not normal!! Like everyone has said, if it were my child, I could not function, let alone think about clubbing, smiling for photos,screwing all these guys, it’s like she’s just going on with life as usual, just no Caylee, hench the reason for the tattoo, Beautiful Life! Would anyone who’s child is missing even be thinking about getting a tattoo, let alone one that say’s Beautiful Life, I mean, come on!!! She is just WHACK!!! And, with no job, who the hell do you suppose payed for that tat? God, I hate her!!! Sorry, Caylee is deceased… At the hands of her mother, or by accident, whichever, it does not matter at this point,her behavior is what’s infuriating people, and the family’s denial. I believe she was smart enough, no, devious enough to know to at least keep quiet long enough that if they ever found her remains, she would be decomposed enough or completely so cause of death could not be determined, therefore, not being able to prove she did it. I think whatever happened, she panicked, put her in the car trunk until she could figure out what to do with her, not thinking she was going to start decomposing so quickly, and once she did theres your reason for the smell, then she drove out somewhere buried her, in her panic, she wasn’t paying attention to the gas, so after her long drive to find a burial spot, she ran out of gas. Caylee is somewhere a little far away from Orlando,she drove far enough to feel safe, found a spot that looked hidden from sight, and used her borrowed shovel to do the rest! Nightmare provoking? You bet! I hope what she did haunts her one way or another for the rest of her miserable life! sorry for ranting…..

saddenbythis mess September 29, 2008, 2:05 AM

if i were her mom i would start with her pinky and cut it off and tell her to take me to that baby if she didnt or lied i would cut off another and so on she would tell sooner or later!!!!!this whole things angers me …..let me in a room with her

Meeps September 30, 2008, 5:15 PM

How did you get the text messages from casey anthony case

ihaveasisterjustlikehernamedGina October 1, 2008, 12:38 AM

I have read some of the best and most educated remarks via this site.. unlike any of the others. The other sites seem like they attract people who don’t have anything else to do and people who have nothing to do work very hard at it.

Shirley  October 3, 2008, 1:29 AM

It’s so sad that Caylee didn’t have a fighting chance in life. With a mentally ill mom and grandparents to blind to see what was going on, I can only imagine what kind of hell she went through. In my mind, Casey gave herself away when she said the “little snot has passed out” You can tell she gave her little girl drugs to make her sleep because she couldn’t deal with her. I do believe Caylee is dead, but I do also believe it was accidental. I am a grandmother of two little girls and I know that if they were missing, I sure as heck would not stand by my daughter like her parents are. My heart would be broken into a million pieces and nothing and no one would stop me from looking for them. I do believe her parents are just as sick as she is. I pray for little Caylee and know she is loved and cherished in Heaven.

anyc October 8, 2008, 11:50 PM

Amen, Anonymous, re: Miranda rights,etc. Laws cannot be bent or broken b/c some people want answers they can’t get through legal avenues. Regardless of the person in question, one must defend, or, at the very least, respect her rights - next time, it could be you! (perish the thought) The D.A. will prosecute when and if they have enough to win - u can’t send someone up the river on suspicion and a relatively small amt. of evidence, no matter how much you’d like to!

mrs.p October 10, 2008, 2:38 AM

the b**** needs 2 b chopped up and put where ever she put her daughter. i have six children and wuldn’t do anything 2 hurt them at all; i’ll myself 1st and die trying 2 save them. hell i’ve been an single parent and no1 has any excuse 4 hurting their child 4 any reason especially over an man.
send her 2 me i’ll make her talk or send her opposite of where her precious daughter is let her tail burn.

form mrs.p. mom of six!!!!!!!

maira  October 10, 2008, 10:13 AM

i am sick and tired of hearing casey report her daugther missing one month later …it was not casey that call the police .it was caseys mother..i think caylee went to the pool and drown her mother found it and start making calls no body answer .and she panick.she took the gas can to burn the remaining of caylee thas why no one will fine caylee shes all ashes …casey its sick.lethal injection

Dee October 15, 2008, 5:32 PM

I sit here feeling so sad for Caylee…wondering how she spent her last minutes…she seemed to be always happy and laughing. Was she afraid of her (hate to use the word “mom”)? And who was the FATHER??? Seems awfully odd that she named the baby after her and her BROTHER LEE!
Just makes you wonder…

Anonymous October 23, 2008, 1:35 PM

We all know that this sweet baby is gone,the only comfort we can have is to know that that sweet baby is in heaven wrapped in the Lords arms and that she wil never have to be exposed to that family again.

sandy October 26, 2008, 1:39 AM

I only hope that this will not be a repeat of the OJ Simpson case, All the Media attention it recieved, all the circumstancial evidence, MOTIVE….and that person still walked…

Casey Anthony is as Guilty as sin, searches on her laptop for chloroform, missing children sites prove to me anyway, that she planned this. The missing shovel, gas cans, all the stealing and all the lies… OMG and lets not forget the forensic proof of dead body odor in the trunk of her car!
Hello “FUTURE JURORS” Please dont get side tracked by her fancy smancy laywers in court.

I hope one day soon that poor excuse for a mother confesses and tells the authorities where she buried the baby, so that she can have a decent burial that a sweet innocent child deserves.
My prayers go out to Caylee Marie.

sandy October 26, 2008, 2:32 AM

I think it is beyond anyone’s imagination how this woman could have killed that precious little girl.
All I can say is that Casey sure better give her soul to God because once she gets to prison, well, someway somehow,
someone will get to her. She can only wish for the death penalty. A needle in the arm is too good for her. Like I said, she will certainly pay her dues in prison if they don’t put her where no one can get to her.
All the evidence points to Murder. She shows no concern,
no emotion that would indicate
the slightest bit of love for this sweet little baby girl.
My God, how could anyone do such a thing???
MAy God have mercy on her soul,
because those prisoners won’t.

disgusted October 31, 2008, 3:44 PM

“Just my two cents for they day! This case has sickened me from day one, but I do believe what goes around comes around. And it always does.”

She has no idea what will happen to her in jail. I am a prison guard and see this type of thing daily. Anyone who hurts a kid gets it in jail. Even the animals that we house everyday have hearts when it comes to kids. Most women in jail have kids. Casey Anthony thinks she is big stuff in the outside world, she has no idea what bigger stuff awaits her in the prison. She will probably have to be locked up 23 of 24 hours a day for her own safety. I say throw her in general population, but unfortunately our society feels we need to protect scum like this from jailhouse justice. I know I would look the other way if I worked at her jail. :) The thought of intentionally hurting your child is unthinkable. While we all know this child is dead, I hope this is a case of leaving a child in a car in hot weather, than a shooting or stabbing or worse.

Anonymous November 1, 2008, 4:52 PM

I don’t really know what happened here… but i can’t say that I believe 100% that Casey killed her daughter. And If she did I think her parents had something to do with it. Or they are setting her up? After all you do see that there are whack job parents out there. And If Casey is out there, Why is she like that… It all falls back on the parents!

lISA November 4, 2008, 7:44 PM

Why have we nit heard about caylee’s father?? Who is he , where is he?