Casey Anthony's Disturbing Text Messages

The Florida State Attorney's Office has just released documents that include conversations and text messages from Casey Anthony weeks before daughter Caylee was reported missing. Check out the highlights.

casey anthony partying

Nearly 600 pages of interviews between detectives, family and friends, as well as hundreds of text messages from Anthony's cell phone, have been made public, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Here are the highlights:

Smell in the car

• In late June, Casey Anthony talked to her friend Amy Huizenga about the "horrible smell" in her car and she couldn't figure out the source. She said it smelled like something had died and the odor was coming from the engine. She told her friend that she thought her dad may have hit an animal when he borrowed her car. Days later, she told Huizenga that she found an animal "plastered" to the frame of her car.

• Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony that the smell came from a couple of squirrels that had crawled into the engine and died.

Jealousy between Casey Anthony and her mother

Cindy Anthony's friend, Brittany Schieber, told detectives there were jealousy issues between the mother and daughter. "Cindy ... told me that her and Casey were having issues because Casey was having a jealousy issue about the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother and she didn't like it."

Text messages

• As the news of Caylee's disappearance and Casey Anthony's lies became public, her friends' text messages changed from friendly banter to feeling of betrayal. "Dude, don't lie or lose your kid and pretend it didn't happen. I have a lot in common with her too," Huizenga texted a friend. "We were really close for months. She fooled us all. You aren't crazy, she is."

Casey Anthony sent Huizenga dozens of messages about her relationship troubles, planning parties and nights out at bar, with little mention of Caylee, except for a text message dated June 6, in which she tells her friend that she is a "Proud momma" after her daughter used the bathroom for the first time.

What do you think?

next: Jessica Alba's Bangin' Post Baby Bod
Sharon December 8, 2008, 2:57 PM

Go to CNN.com and click under Nancy Grace to get more text messages.

Lisa December 9, 2008, 5:29 PM

This girl is a manipultive self centered little &#*$%. And she didnt pay no respect to her daughter so why should any one do anything for her. let her spend the rest of her life in prison suffering till the day she meets her maker. Then she can suffer in hell till eternity.

Jaimie Scarola December 11, 2008, 5:37 PM

I personally think this case is ridiculous!!! YES she is an innocent and PRECIOUS child but there are TONS of other children missing that they have YET to give a rip about finding!!!! It’s all a publicity thing and all at the expense of this precious little girl!!!

anonymous December 12, 2008, 7:12 PM

l was woundering if anyone remembers the time that George was looking out towards the area were the body was just found. l am woundering if he was told about it from Casy when she wanted to talk to her dad alone then he told Cindy brother Lee and father kept it quit so thay could keep going on the today shows and Larry King plus others that will be comming up then write there book that they have talked about so thay can make alot of money to pay lawers and other .

anonymous December 13, 2008, 10:19 AM

I, for one, hope she DOES NOT get the death penalty. Let that worthless, self-centered, party-life loving, sorry excuse for a human being, #&*@$ spend the rest of her life locked up all by herself. And I hope her daughter haunts her every waking and sleeping moment.

Anonymous December 15, 2008, 11:28 AM

I so agree ^^^ why aren’t they questioning anyone else? What if Casey didn’t do it? What if another CLOSE family member done it? If the skull is her’s are they just gonna automatically assume that Casey done it? or are they going to wait and find out who done it? Give her a damn liar detecter test!

Scarlett December 16, 2008, 3:26 PM

Why would lifetime TV pay the Anthony’s 2 million dollars for their story so they can get high powered attorneys and twist the truth? I thought better of Lifetime TV. I won’t watch anymore of it. I guess the can afford to stay at the Ritz at 300.00 a night and eat dinner at 100.00 a plate now. Poor Cayle. My prayers are with her beautiful soul

Tina December 16, 2008, 4:30 PM

Yes, it’s true that we should be glad we have laws in place that protects our rights. And she has a right to remain silent and LIE if that’s what gets her through the day. I feel like everyone feels. You hold your children closer at night and realize how blessed you are to have them. A child holds so much trust and unconditional love for their mother, the one person that they know will save them. To see a person harm their child is so inhumane. It makes me nauseated to think that this little girl may have been confused at what was going on until she was out. God has the last judgement. Not you or me or anyone. I just wish that his mother if she was feeling burdened by the responsibilities of this precious child would have given her to a family that would of loved her and protected her. With that being said if the evidence comes out positive that she committed the crime I hope she is released in the general population so that she can be tortured and killed as ALL babykillers are.

concerned December 17, 2008, 6:40 PM

RIDICULOUS. THIS WOMAN EITHER KILLED HER INNOCENT DAUGHTER OR KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER. THE POLICE NEED TO GIVE HER A LIE DETECTOR TEST OR AT LEAST GET A PSYCHIC INVOLVED…..

mcaliah December 18, 2008, 8:44 PM

its so confusing because we don’t want to believe a woman could kill her own daughter…… i think she had a drug trip and did it……. also, i’m wondering—if her computer was a laptop doesn’t that mean others could have used it????? when and why did george borrow her car??????

john riley December 19, 2008, 7:05 AM

this is America innocent till proven guilt no one has the right to past judgment against any one.we have a justice system that will do that.as far as what i think you people who past judgment are not true Americans that why we are a free country.if it were you and there are some doubt would you like to be judged for something you might not have done.don’t say something you might be sorry for later.

merbs December 19, 2008, 7:26 AM

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. The family is so dysfunctional and wacky. Dangerous to themselves and others. Now we know why she didn’t just give the kid to mom. “I don’t want her —- but you can’t have her either!”

Deb December 19, 2008, 8:42 AM

If it is true Lifetime paid the Anthony’s 2M for their story - they too have this child’s blood on their hands. Casey killed her - in Caylee’s own words “please don’t take Nan’s sunshine away” - She is a jealous monster. The death penalty with a needle would be too good for her - Put her in a cell plastered with pictures of that beautiful girl, and include the smell of that fictious “pizza box”.

Anonymous December 19, 2008, 5:37 PM

It is very obvious that she killed her daughter. She is a sick person. This little girl did not deserve this she is so innocent. I hope that Casey is found guilty,she deserves the death penalty after what she did to her little girl.

Shannon December 19, 2008, 6:56 PM

Since they have clearly IDed the body of poor little Caylee Marie my heart has broke. I have a daughter that looks identical to her and is the exact same age, I just can not fathom that anyone would be able to physically hurt someone so small and innocent. As for Casey, That sick ***** should be locked in a cell plasted with pictures of her daughter and videos playing over and over with her precious little voice, ALL DAY EVERYDAY! She will eventually crack up and lets hope she does!!! Words can not describe the feelings and emotions that Casey brings out in me. Instead of winning 7 million dollars in the lottery they should have a lottery where you win an hour with a child killer of your choice to do what ever you feel in justice!

TWINKLE December 19, 2008, 7:51 PM

OMG, MY HEART IS BROKEN. I CAN’T BEIEVE THAT THIS HAPPEND TO THIS BABY GIRL. SHE DESERVED THE BEST IN LIFE, AND FOR HER MOTHER, SOME ONE WHO IS SOPPOSED TO PROTECT HER FROM ALL THE BAD THINGS IN THE WORLD. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT THE LAST THOUGHTS OF THAT LITTE GIRL WAS, WHILE HER MOM WAS DOING WRONG TO HER. I CAN’T EVEN IMAGINE HOW SOME ONE COULD PLOT OUT SUCH A HORRIBLE THING ON A BABY. I DON’T GET IT. I’M SADDEND BY THE FACT THAT THOSE REMAINS WERE OF CAYLES, BUT RELIEVED BECAUSE THAT LITTLE BABY CAN BE LAID TO REST FINALLY. AS FOR CASEY, SHE MAY HAVE THOUGHT THAT HER LIFE WAS OVER BECAUSE SHE HAD CAYLEE? WELL SHE IS DEAD WRONG, BECAUSE NOW AT 22 YOU ARE GOING TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN JAIL, WHILE YOUR FRIENDS LIVE THERE LIFE,AND THAT BOY TOY YOU HAD FINDS SOME ONE ELSE. SO ROT IN JAIL BECAUSE THERE WERE OTHER WAYS OUT OF THE SITUATION THAT YOU WERE IN, AND FEELING. YOU COULD OF JUST PACKED A BAG AND LEFT. THAT WOULD OF BEEN MORE HONORABLE, BECAUSE AT LEAST CAYLEE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. R.I.P CAYLEE YOUR SOUL IS NOW AT PEACE WITH GOD.

lkldguy December 20, 2008, 1:14 AM

Has anyone heard about casey’s im loverboy nyitaliano3? This is where the sherriffs was refering to Casey’s “the snothead” comment,refering to Caley.What they failed to mention is her im loverboy is in law enforcement.He refers to an adress where Casey is planning to buy a home as being located in “Zone 24”.He also states that he would prefer to come stay with her because she is closer to the “Substation”.Could this be the Citrus County sherriff she was “dating” who was fired for some unknown reason?Could he be the deputy who responded to the meter readers 3 phone calls about a suspicious bag.I SMELL COVERUP!!!CCSD your a disgrace.

mommyk December 20, 2008, 8:21 PM

All I know is if my child was missing or if something horrible happened I would feel I wouldn’t deserve to eat period! Or even have the desire to keep on living as normal as possible like she told her parents. and yet this Casey girl has requested a list of junk food to snack on????!!!

Andre December 21, 2008, 6:00 AM

Casey Anthony has the right to a free and fair trial with an unbiased jury (that will be difficult to assemble). Although the “evidence” leaked to the press appears to show that she committed a crime, we must remember that, in America, we are all assumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

That said, I have noted, like many other people, that Ms. Anthony does not seem to be very upset by the loss of her daughter. Although that in itself is not a crime, it does cause people to become very suspicious of her.

There is a great difference between public suspicion and the proof that Casey Anthony committed a crime that will stand up in a court of law. Casey Anthony must be given all her legal rights including the right to remain silent. It is the prosecution’s job to find her guilty - not her job to find herself innocent.

For myself I try to withhold judgment until the evidence is presented. Yes, I know, we all have our suspicions but, what makes American justice noteworthy is that suspicion of the many does not count in the process of the courts.

WC December 21, 2008, 11:23 AM

(JG on September 24, 2008 5:07 PM wrote: I don’t understand why they aren’t questioning her (or anyone) anymore… What exactly ARE police doing at this point?

Unfortunately, the laws and “protections” are all on the side of the criminal …… the liberals have seen to this and the police and the courts are powerless.

I don’t think I’d have it any other way but just to say my piece: The OJs and the Caseys of the world get all the good representation by sharp attorneys where you and I get arrested, charged and convicted for simply Jaywalking!

Someday it will change. But, for now, I believe that justice will eventually turn out for the guilty as well as the innocent ……. took 27 years for Adam Walsh’s parents, took 13 years to the day for OJ and it may take some time for Casey too.

Outraged? Then SPEAK UP at the next election of city, county and US officials and change our LAWS!!