Casey Anthony's Disturbing Text Messages

The Florida State Attorney's Office has just released documents that include conversations and text messages from Casey Anthony weeks before daughter Caylee was reported missing. Check out the highlights.

casey anthony partying

Nearly 600 pages of interviews between detectives, family and friends, as well as hundreds of text messages from Anthony's cell phone, have been made public, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Here are the highlights:

Smell in the car

• In late June, Casey Anthony talked to her friend Amy Huizenga about the "horrible smell" in her car and she couldn't figure out the source. She said it smelled like something had died and the odor was coming from the engine. She told her friend that she thought her dad may have hit an animal when he borrowed her car. Days later, she told Huizenga that she found an animal "plastered" to the frame of her car.

• Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony that the smell came from a couple of squirrels that had crawled into the engine and died.

Jealousy between Casey Anthony and her mother

Cindy Anthony's friend, Brittany Schieber, told detectives there were jealousy issues between the mother and daughter. "Cindy ... told me that her and Casey were having issues because Casey was having a jealousy issue about the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother and she didn't like it."

Text messages

• As the news of Caylee's disappearance and Casey Anthony's lies became public, her friends' text messages changed from friendly banter to feeling of betrayal. "Dude, don't lie or lose your kid and pretend it didn't happen. I have a lot in common with her too," Huizenga texted a friend. "We were really close for months. She fooled us all. You aren't crazy, she is."

Casey Anthony sent Huizenga dozens of messages about her relationship troubles, planning parties and nights out at bar, with little mention of Caylee, except for a text message dated June 6, in which she tells her friend that she is a "Proud momma" after her daughter used the bathroom for the first time.

What do you think?

next: Jessica Alba's Bangin' Post Baby Bod
barbara December 22, 2008, 9:34 AM

SHE MAKES CHARLES MANSON LOOK LIKE AN AMETEUR……AND WHO IS THE REAL FATHER OF CAYLEE ANTHONY???????? DAND CASEY ANTHONY SHOULD BE GIVEN A POLYGRAPH TEST TO FIND OUT WHAT WERE WANTING TO KNOW…….OH AND HOW SHE SAYS IN VISIT TO MOM AND DAD ALL I WANNA DO IS TO GO HOME WELL IT AINT HAPPENEING THATS ALL CAYLEE WANTED TO DO INSTEAD ALL SHE DID TO THAT BABY WAS DUCT TAPE HER MOUTH AND THROW HER IN THE TRUNK SO SHE CAN PARTY. SHES NOT NORMAL….AND TO THROW A BAG WITH A BODY IN IT DUMP IT SIDE OF THE ROAD??? OMEONE SHOULD DO THAT TO HER….CASEY AND JOSE BIAZ MAYBE THEY HAVING A FLING TOO WE DONT KNOW ABOUT WHEN SHE WENT TO THE OFFICE THATS HOW SHES PAYING HIM HA! GEORGE, CINDY, AND LEE…..MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU BUT AT LEAST THERES CLOSURE AND IN COURT TIME YA GUYS GOTTA FESS UP WE MAY KNOW IT WAS CASEY IN THE END YOU GOTTA ADMIT TO YOUR SELF THAT IT WAS ALL HER AND THE BABYSITTER… AND HOPEFULLY TIME WILL HEAL I PRAY FOR YOU ALL THE TIME THAT U WILL GET THROUGH THIS..JOHN WALSH HASNT BUT BUT HES DEALING WITH IT THE LOSS OF HIS SON. THE HARDEST IS PROLLY FOR THE 2 DOGS HAVE CAYLEE AROUND THAT THEY CANT TALK WONDERING WHERE THAT HAPPY BABY IS WHY SHES NOT HOME.THEY FEEL LOSS TOO….IF IT WERE ME I WOULDNT CARE I WOULD GO VISIT CASEY NOW DAUGHTER OR NOT MEDIA OR NOT WASKING HER WHY SHE DID IT AND WHY SHE LIED TO US GRANDPARENTS AND HER BROTHER ALL 3 SHOULD GO AT THE SAME TIME YOU’LL PROLLY SOMEWHAT FEEL BETTER… I LOVE YOU 3 TO DEATH GODD BLESS AND YOUR IN MY HEARTS ALL BUT FOR CASEY…THE MONSTER… AND BY THE WAY THERE IS NO BABYSITTER SHE ACTED ON HER OWN DANG IT….YA ALL GOTTA GET CLOSURE AFTER CASEY GOES DOWWN IN COURT. THANKS FOR READING BARB FROM PA.

Eva December 24, 2008, 2:23 AM

Ive been keeping up with this via watching Nancy Grace. I’m curious of the date of death. I’m suprised that hasn’t been released. Unless they are waiting for trial before revealing that and other things.

Steph December 24, 2008, 2:34 AM

I can’t understand how Casey’s mom didn’t grill her when she moved out. If that was me with a 2 yr old with no job.. my mom would have grilled me and asked all kinds of questions. Especially persisted in meeting my babysitter, and how I could afford one in the 1st place. And more importantly not let me take the child with me…

BillPeters December 28, 2008, 12:57 AM

I live in West Palm Beach. This Casey needs to burn in HELL for what she did. We live in an upscale neighborhood, lots of kids. She killed her daughter, no question about it

kim December 28, 2008, 2:26 PM

She needs the death penalty. I do not see how George and Cindy can stand by their daughter when all the signs are there that she murdered little Caylee. They need to stand up for Caylee and let her rest in peace.. Fight for Caylee’s sake. No one other then daughter did this, she wanted their full attention, Caylee was just in her way.

Jerome December 28, 2008, 6:43 PM

(In response to ‘Anonymous’ posted 09/25/08 @ 09:51 PM)
Your comment sounded more like a law student or wannabe lawyer. I understand perfectly the rights of the Miranda. Mine have been violated MANY times; however, I do not see this being a situation of Miranda rights being violated. If I had lost my child and police were called and the options were, as so often when one finds themself in dire trouble, in life-threatening situations… who do they call? They all the police. If I had lost my child, God forbid, and no means of getting her back I would not sit and lie and spin my tale of a lost child so that they could be of no help in finding the child. So whose rights are we protecting? The rights of the murdering mother or that of the little girl. Miranda had nothing to do with this as they were only there to help find a “lost” child and Casey was NOT a suspect. She was a “bereaved” mom “loking for her KIDNAPPED child”.

Jackie December 28, 2008, 8:11 PM
bonnie December 29, 2008, 10:34 PM

Casey called amy the day she got rid of the smell. Find out what day that was and then go back 2-3-4- days. That is when the body started to smell.

bonnie December 29, 2008, 10:46 PM

I cannot understand how cindy & George can take up for casey.
Since the body has been found , almost in the anthonys backyard, do they still think she was kidnapped?
This is one sick puppy and she needs to be in prison forever, but her defense is going to try to pin it on someone else

bonnie December 29, 2008, 10:51 PM

if you want those text messages just google and yiu can get them that way

Aaliyah December 30, 2008, 5:14 PM

I CANT BELEIVE THAT THEY DIDNT CONVICT CAYLEES MOM YET. If they let this go. THAN THATS JUST TELLING ALOT OF OTHER WOMENs OUT THERe TO JUST GET RID OF THERE KIDS IF THEY DONT WANT THEM. THIS shouldnt be.They found her little body and shes now proabably going to act as if shes insane to get away.I Hope they make her suffer as life goes on for her.CAYLEE IS IN MY PRAYERS. HEAVEN NEEDED AN ANGEL AND CAYLEE WAS ONE OF THEM. r.i.p. AaLIYAH

Lori December 30, 2008, 5:38 PM

I think Casey’s parents believe that she killed Caylee, I just don’t think they’ve quite accepted it yet. They’ll get there.

Staci December 30, 2008, 6:49 PM

Something seems “off” to me about the grandparents. I can’t help but to think that they knew what had happened all along. And it’s hard for me to have compassion for them when they’re being so supportive of Casey— daughter or not— she took the life of their two year old grandchild. It’s all so sickening.

Caylee Marie Anthony
R.I.P. Baby Girl

meagan December 30, 2008, 9:37 PM

hey, has anyone noyiced that cayse does mention chicksaw! in her interview with police they ask where nanny may have gone with caylee- she says blanchard park ,she liked to walk on path-detevtive says dangerous and caylee says- her mom warned her how dangerous chicksaw trails were to be carefull-she says chicksaw/mom told her/dangerous. just like ” i feel she is close to home!
i think she used pesticides to make chloro/chlorine/pool cleaner.1 make look like drowning 2 pesticides to 1 chloro 2 drug her/kill her 3 to help with speeding decompo/dad worked area she ‘d know 4 to kill the flies /maggots from decompo 5 to cover smell of body. they knew same with gas and cans to kill and cover. thats why she moved pool ladder 1 thought to say she drown then thought know mom would kill her. violent to put hands on throat of daughter.cayse freaked mom did not protect cayse when dad/bro raped her at chicksaw trails but gm protected gd from cayse at first cayse jealous of caylee innocent .attention from gm/gp/dada and she had to bear the consequences of baby .why gm/gp pay her bills all in the family?

Michelle Mitchum January 2, 2009, 4:38 AM

Could casey imagine life without caylee forever,that’s what it is now!Does she realize if she was aquitted and released what would happen to her,she would quietly dissappear,and be found in the woods dead.She better stay as long as she can.What is with this court system,she was the last to see her,that makes her liable,for what has happened to caylee!The parents disgust me on their lies,you really can’t trust anyone,anthony family etc.

Ginger January 3, 2009, 9:04 AM

Let’s get this case moving already!!! It’s starting to turn out to be a soap opera of the WORST kind. What is taking so long with the writing on the wall!!!!What MORE do they need for christ sakes. She should stay in jail and go through EVERY birthday and holliday thinking of what she did…it’s SOOO obvious..As for the parents they KNOW what happened you can see it on their faces during their interviews, they are hindering the investigation NOT helping it!!As for the brother he looks just as guilty as SHE does…Lets get it moving as to put this poor child to rest..he NOW is in a much better place instead of being with any of them!!God Bless you Caylee you are in the arms of someone who DOES love you…

diana January 4, 2009, 4:19 AM

where is her cell phone? what is wrong with the parents? why don’t the cops ask a question, and shut up long enough for the b—— to answer? even though it would be lies, the cop loves to hear his own voice.

ohio  January 4, 2009, 7:45 AM

did it ever occur to anyone that the father of Caylee could be George or Lee? Perhaps the fear of these secrets being told is why they cater to her…would also explain the jealousy between mother and daughter.

N. Baines January 5, 2009, 5:54 PM

Whatever the outcome, the world some how has failed little Caylee. Everytime we see a parent do soemthing questionable we should think of Caylee and make a phone call. I would rather be wrong than see that child on the news next.

Gail K. January 9, 2009, 4:21 AM

I have been following this case since day 1 and will continue to do so until justice is served for little Caylee. I honestly get sick to my stomach every time I look at the face of that stone cold, pure excuse of a mother, Casey. We all know any normal parent who thinks they’re child has been kidnapped would scream from the top of highest mountain and do everything within they’re power to try and find that child. And yet Casey waited, why…because she knew little Caylee was dead. Caylee, you WILL get your justice, if there is a God in Heaven. You were dealt a bad hand in life, with that so called mother of yours, but you are at peace now, little angel.. God Bless you