Casey Anthony's Disturbing Text Messages

The Florida State Attorney's Office has just released documents that include conversations and text messages from Casey Anthony weeks before daughter Caylee was reported missing. Check out the highlights.

casey anthony partying

Nearly 600 pages of interviews between detectives, family and friends, as well as hundreds of text messages from Anthony's cell phone, have been made public, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Here are the highlights:

Smell in the car

• In late June, Casey Anthony talked to her friend Amy Huizenga about the "horrible smell" in her car and she couldn't figure out the source. She said it smelled like something had died and the odor was coming from the engine. She told her friend that she thought her dad may have hit an animal when he borrowed her car. Days later, she told Huizenga that she found an animal "plastered" to the frame of her car.

• Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony that the smell came from a couple of squirrels that had crawled into the engine and died.

Jealousy between Casey Anthony and her mother

Cindy Anthony's friend, Brittany Schieber, told detectives there were jealousy issues between the mother and daughter. "Cindy ... told me that her and Casey were having issues because Casey was having a jealousy issue about the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother and she didn't like it."

Text messages

• As the news of Caylee's disappearance and Casey Anthony's lies became public, her friends' text messages changed from friendly banter to feeling of betrayal. "Dude, don't lie or lose your kid and pretend it didn't happen. I have a lot in common with her too," Huizenga texted a friend. "We were really close for months. She fooled us all. You aren't crazy, she is."

Casey Anthony sent Huizenga dozens of messages about her relationship troubles, planning parties and nights out at bar, with little mention of Caylee, except for a text message dated June 6, in which she tells her friend that she is a "Proud momma" after her daughter used the bathroom for the first time.

What do you think?

next: Jessica Alba's Bangin' Post Baby Bod
Gail K. January 9, 2009, 4:35 AM

adding to my previous posting, Rock on Nancy Grace ! YOU RULE !!! Thanks for keeping us up to date on this sick, but very real nightmare !!!

Kerrie January 9, 2009, 6:17 AM

I started reading about this story a few weeks ago and it is extremely disturbing. Why hasn’t Casey been charged with Murder yet??? Why are her parents now covering up for her?? What is wrong with our system….she deserves to get the death penalty.

heartbroken mourner January 10, 2009, 4:07 AM

I think the grandparents are just as sick as casey, they know damn well casey killed poor little caylee, all signs point to her I have 2 daughters of my own one being caylee’s age and if anything ever happened to them (god forbid) I’d never sleep i’d be out there combing the world. are the grandparents retarted? lets review facts just so happens casey kills some squirrels the same time caylee comes up missing and abandons her car, she isnt reporting caylee missing she isnt searching for caylee the babysitter she dropped her off to doesnt exist and back a few months ago she claims to have talked to caylee for a minute yet when the body is found its completely skeletalized and she looks up how to break a neck and chlroaform and lab results show a decomposed body was in her car!!! hello george and cindy your daughter murdered your grand baby! casey has done everything possibly to keep cops from finding caylee. And in my eyes the grandparents arent much better then casey…this isnt about casey this is about justice for caylee! thats whats important. They need to open there eyes and let casey rot in her cell all alone! I know that me being a mom this story has broken my heart and there are days I cry over caylee, and I think its pretty sad when we as viewers of this story want justice more for caylee then the anthony’s and we as a nation have all mourned that beautiful baby girl! rest in peace caylee! I love you!

Anonymous January 13, 2009, 12:24 AM

if the rumor is true that Lee is the father of Caylee then it explains alot on why Cindy felt she needed to raise her. and why Casey hated Caylee. Cindy made Casey keep Caylee. Casey wanted to give her up for adoption. But Cindy insisted that she keep her. This whole family is warped. Then the fact that her coded messages to Lee he knew Caylee was dead and he knew where to find her. The Zenida Gonzalas was not the nanny. Baby Caylee was found between the house of A Mr Gonzalas and A woman Named Zenida. I forget the reported last name but it shows without doubt that Lee was helping her every step of the way. They make me SICK they both need OLD SPARKEY…

Anonymous January 16, 2009, 8:34 PM

This woman is a bad excuse of a mother. I’m all for an eye for an eye, she should be smothered or sedated and left to suffer just like that poor baby probably did. Caylee was a beautiful little girl and my dearest prayers for her family in grief. (not for casey)

Anonymous January 22, 2009, 3:54 AM

How very very sad, I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls, who are to say the very least my reason for living. I have read and watched this unbelievable case from the beginning and haven’t even until now been able to comment! There is no justice for that darling little girl Kaylee not matter the outcome of her mother. If casey is sentenced to life in prison, she is still being cared for. I believe in the death penalty in cases like this and I do personally believe that Kaylee’s mother Casey killed her daughter. I don’t understand what would make a human being do this to their innocent child! The only shimmer of light for me, in this whole deplorable case is that little Kaylee is with our lord Jesus Christ and savior, she is an angel in heaven! and as for Casey, she will have her judgement day.

annie January 22, 2009, 11:02 AM

well i guess the grandparents r gonna flip if they find out lee is in it why else would he want immunity he has know all along that is why is got so angry at the memorial thing and tore it up.Could he have been feeling guilty.And all the comments casey made that caylee was close to home she could feel she was cloe to home….. 15 houses away

Kelley January 30, 2009, 11:12 AM

My partner and I wonder who IS the dad? The bio father of Kaylee? Could it be the brother Lee? I know it is a weird thought but why the cover up with the family?

A Mother Who Cares January 31, 2009, 12:23 PM

Ive watched this story from day one. Its got to be one of the most sickning cases ever. I cannt grasp a mother doing something like this to a child but then again I Love my children/grandchildren. Casey has been cuddled and defended all her life, by both parents.Shes caused the whole family to constantly be at each others throat. Cindy&Casey have been jealous of each other for years.When Casey didnt get what she wanted,she went to Daddy,protected
her no matter what she did,and thats why she thinks shes above the law now.Casey is incapable of loving anyone ,except herself. She uses people,especially men,to benefit herself.Women like her Mom ,shes jealous of as she was of her own child. I dont think Lee is the babies father.Im not so sure Casey knows who the father is either. Shes been around. Lee is just another one of her victims, she cries poor ME,and Im the victim and all the men come running to her aide. Lee was given the location of the body in a coded message(he so much as said so)and he is the one who the P.I. was talking to on the phone when he was out there looking for Caylee’s body.I think Lee is scared that hes going to be charged as an acessory to murder. Thats why he wants ammunity. Dad is so sick from the realization of just how disfunctional his family is that he couldnt take it. So Sad! Casey is a lier and a user.Shes also got her attorney(Baez)snowed.Casey is eating all this attention up and being on TV too. No wonder she is smiling and laughing at her court appearences.People like Casey doesnt care if its postive or negitive attention they get as long as the get it.

inmemory January 31, 2009, 3:28 PM

I too believe that Lee is completly involved. I think it was after the fact though. Remember that jail house video or the “cryptic” conversation between Lee and Casey? The ” should I look North of where you..blah blah” and “is it possible she could be as far as blah blah”? I absolutely think she was guiding him to the body, so he could move it, and then send the PI’s out there to video the spot- so she would have proof that Caylee wasn’t there on that date…then Lee could put it back ( this time covered in a BLACK bag, instead of a WHITE bag) and when someone finally made the effort to GO GET THE BAG, she could say- “I have PROOF it wasn’t there on such and such a date! So, that can only mean that someone ELSE did this- I’ve been in jail this whole time”. It is really the only thing that makes sense about the double bagging- the PI’s shooting video- and the cryptic conversation between Casey and Lee. Comments?

caroline February 4, 2009, 5:36 PM

I keep hearing Casey telling her mother and father that she “can’t do anything to help finding her daughter because she is in jail” Ohh Phleeeze! What a demented thing to say; since she was partying it up the whole time she was out.

Kimmie February 6, 2009, 1:31 AM

She needs to die… she planned it all. and the way the reporters are all over her is just what she wants.. the more publicity we give her the higher she gets.. that poor innocent baby, what that phony bitch of a mother did to her and I’m sure it wasn’t the first time she had knocked her out, she is the devil and will burn in hell, and please let her into general population, they don’t like baby killers …the cops need to do a better job than they are doing.. and for her to smile in court and laugh.. what does she have to laugh about and smile.. her baby is dean and she is playing the role..and her mother…she’s just as nuts as her daughter.. she knew ther was a dead body in the trunk, she’s a nurse for God’s sake.. and her father, e’s an ex-cop.. he needs to start acting like on.. I’d want to kill myself too if I knew I had raised a muderess…

cathy February 6, 2009, 1:57 AM

I have follow this from the beginning, and it just tears at my heart. If Casey didn’t want Kaylee, why not just walk away? Kaylee would have been loved.
I am a grandmother of 6, and they are my sunshine.I have to see them at least every other day. Why would george & cindy be ok with Casey’s explanation of where Kaylee was not insist of seeing Kaylee, or at the least talk to her on the phone?

Cathie February 6, 2009, 9:12 AM

If I were her mom I’d beat the living crap out of her to find the truth.. it is quite disturbing to SUPPOSEDLY lose your child and then party your ass off… assume that the police are not working with you… and all the lies? I would give her a trial by her peers then stone her to death.

She is guilty by her actions.. why waste time on a trial.. duct tape Casey Anthony’s mouth and stuff her in a trunk and be done with her.

Dar February 6, 2009, 9:04 PM

She did nothing more than people that abort their children everyday. The only crime is she didn’t pay a doctor to kill the little girl for her. Pay a doctor and then it’s a choice not murder!

DORCIE LACY February 7, 2009, 8:54 PM

I THINK WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEARTS WHAT
HAPPENED TO CAYLEE … AS THEY SAY IT
IS A “NO BRAINER” THEN FOR THE ANTHONYS
TO BE IN DENIAL TO PROTECT DAUGHTER CASEY IS IN
TOTAL DISRESPECT OF THEIR GRAND DAUGHTER
CAYLEE’S SHORT LIFE AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED MAKES THEM ALL EQUALLY DECEITFUL AND GUILTY. I FEEL NAUSEOUS. WHAT A MERRY GO ROUND CAROUSEL RIDE THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS PUT US ALL ON …SOME ONE PLEASE STOP THE MUSIC AND LET ME GET OFF THE RIDE ..I AM SICK OF THIS WHOLE FAMILY !! UGH …UGH..
SPLAT ..YECH ,,,,

suzdee February 8, 2009, 7:38 AM

I have watched all the video. The grandmother has fabricated too. She states that Casey was text messaging on the 14th of June…but…but this doesn’t hold water…because according to the evidence…Supposedly Cindy had Caylee and they went to see Cindy’s Mom on June 15th…so why would a grandmother be so hell bent to fabricate a huge story …her stories are now showing inconsistencies…..the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…and seems Cindy lies too ….

mbeth February 10, 2009, 1:32 AM

Did anyone ever think the grandparents may have been the true people who hurt Caley. Was Caycee abused as a child? It would explain her unusual behaivor and inability to funtion as a normal adult.

dee February 10, 2009, 3:29 PM

Karma will do it’s dirty deed, to whomever deserves it! Anyone who’s child is missing and doesn’t report it— Well now isn’t that a ” NO BRAINER”??? I hope she rots in hell…

BABIGURL February 10, 2009, 9:33 PM

POLICE NEEDA DO THE EXACT SAME THING TO CASEY, THAT THE SKANK BOX DID TO HER DAUGHTER. KNOCK HER OUT, BREAK HER NECK, THEN TIE HER UP AND STUFF HER IN BAGS. WHAT A LOW LIFE B!TCH. CASEY DESERVES THE DEATH PENALTY. NO PUTTING HER ON DEATH ROW FOR YEARS. TORTURE HER FOR A FEW WEEKS THEN KILL HER A$$.
CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY REST IN PEACE