Cindy Anthony Defends Casey to Cops

Video of Cindy Anthony's police interrogation was just released, showing the mom repeatedly denying that daughter Casey Anthony is a murderer.

Check out this gripping footage from this morning's "Today":

This got us thinking: As a mom, would you defend your child, even if deep down you did secretly believe she committed murder? Would you go as far to cover up a crime your kid committed?

next: Bruno Crashes Fashion Week
M.L. September 30, 2008, 5:00 PM

I can’t believe her mom’s still defending her. If it were me, I would be demanding to know where she is. I have no doubt that Casey killed her own daughter.

Pam October 2, 2008, 2:48 PM

Her Mom has guilt over her relationship with her daughter and feels responsible that Caylee is gone.

Dawn L October 11, 2008, 9:29 AM

I can’t imagine the horror that her parents are living through….but constantly making excuse and not making them take responsibility for their actions produces an adult like Casey!

Her parents are partly to blame for this. They forced her into raising a child that she said she didn’t want! Why did they not let her give the baby up for adoption? This decision has come back to bite them in the butt!

Anonymous RN October 22, 2008, 1:44 AM

Everytime Cindy Anthony opens her mouth rubbish comes out. She is saying such stupid things. How dare she say that her daughter is a victim just like Caylee. There is no “just like” Caylee. Her daughter is alive. Her granddaughter is not. If she knew her daughter was so irresponsible then why did she let that little girl leave the house with her daughter? The only person sounding and acting with some dignity is George Anthony. He is aware of what his daughter has done but at least he is not saying dumb things like his wife. If Cindy Anthony would have made her daughter answer for all the wrongs she has done beforehand to others and family members, this incident maybe never would have happened but she let her daughter have a free reign to do whatever to whomever she wished and she had no consequences from her prior misdeeds. Yes, I do blame Cindy Anthony for part of this. She kept her head in the sand and it is still in the sand. She needs to accept the truth and keep her mouth shut. Facts are facts. The facts and evidence is there. She needs to learn how to live with it. She has no choice. I certainly would not want her working for me in any kind of RN capacity the way she is acting now.

I survived November 19, 2008, 11:35 PM

“if she knew her daughter was so irresponsible then why did she let that little girl leave the house with her daughter?” Right on, Anonymous RN! Nice to hear from some sane members of your profession. Good chance Cindy’s entire campaign is driven by the guilt she feels.

misty harvey December 19, 2008, 1:21 PM

As a parent, I would feel responsible for how I had raised a child that could do this. However, it boils down to Casey taking responsibility for her own actions. She apparently doesn’t do this for anything and never has. Cindy should never have made her keep the child or should have taken it to raise as her own and not made an irresponsible child raise a child! Let’s hear it for everyone taking personal responsibility and tell the truth!!

Anonymous January 6, 2009, 5:24 PM

u killed caylee and u know it

lisann January 7, 2009, 11:05 PM

unfortunatly as a parent its natural instinct to defend your child. this is terrible for any one to have to deal with . myheart goes out to her family . shame on anyone who does this to their family

carole January 14, 2009, 6:05 AM

I think the brother knew long ago and possibly the parents knew sometime in November. There is a coverup going on and for what? To protect a killer of an innocent child?

sue February 22, 2009, 2:15 AM

is it ironic that casey got herself a tattoo “the beautiful life” and has to look at that in jail everyday? i find that ironic. i wonder if the fates had a sense of sick of humor to haunt her when she looks at it every day.

Tonya March 31, 2009, 11:58 AM

I am a mother of 3 children and 7 grandchildren, who has followed this story closely. I can not believe that Cindy A. would or could even change her story. Yes you love and will defend your child, but not for murder. I also feel that the family knows more than there telling.