Who hasn't had that moment of panic -- you see your little one holding an open bottle of household cleaner -- with their tiny fingers shoved inside their mouth. Well, you can breathe now. Some cleaning products are actually safe to eat!
Thanks to two Tampa moms who care about the environment as much as they care about kids, you can now buy edible household cleaners called Baby Girl Products. All products are free of toxic chemicals and fumes -- and they smell fantastic and use all organic ingredients.
Toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air, and sadly, cancer is now the number one cause of death in children.
Don't panic, moms. Here are five things Baby Girl Products owner Sarapage Bauguss says you should be aware of before purchasing any household cleaners.
1. Always read the ingredients! If the container doesn't label ingredients on their packaging, check the website.
2. Make sure that all ingredients are listed, not just the active ones. Ever wonder when it says "Other ingredients 99.70%?" Us too!
3. Avoid cleaners marked "danger" or "poison." Also look for other hazards such as "may cause burns" or "corrosive."
4. Keep in mind the word "non-toxic" has no legal definition, so you don't know what it truly means.
5. If you don't know what an ingredient is, research it before purchasing it. It may be extremely harmful.