David Duchovny: Sexaholic

Guest blogger Leslie Adler of The Vuv Club says: David Duchovny is a sex addict--which means, for those who don't know, that he has an addiction to sex.  He is a sexaholic.

David_and_Tea_1.jpg

Don't fret though, because like others with addiction problems, Mr. Duchovny has entered rehab.  Yes, there is rehab for sex addiction.  (For men I think they call it "Twelve Strokes"  instead of "Twelve Steps").

And people with fancy degrees are on news shows (i.e. Nancy Grace) telling us about the affliction and making it sound all "medical." Here's the thing:  I'm not buying it.

An addict is one who has a confirmed habit.  Many of us have a habit of having sex.  Those of us who are married like Mr. Duchovny have a confirmed habit of having sex with our spouses.  Follow my logic--I know of no married people who have sex with their spouses, even if it's everyday or multiple times a day who have ever been referred to as "sex addicts."  They are usually just people who really like sex.

Keep following me....PAGE 2

next: Moms Are Talking About
Mary September 2, 2008, 3:38 PM

I’m not buying it either!!
He’s a narcissistic, self-indulgent cheater!

Kristin September 2, 2008, 5:19 PM

Not buying it….Nancy Grace is a loon anyway!

cindy September 3, 2008, 12:24 PM

I give him a lot of credit for seeking help and trying to save his marriage. He is very brave for going public with this and seeking help.

Susan B  September 4, 2008, 1:47 AM

I’ve been following this site for a few weeks now after a girlfriend of mine told me “i just had to see it,” well I’m sorry but the Content Creators or whomever is choosing stories for this site must be a MEGA B*tch. A total Man Hater, everything is Men Cheat, Men Lie, Men are Bad Fathers. Mom Logic Ha! What an Oxymoron.

Anonymous September 4, 2008, 1:56 AM

First off, why can’t addiction to sex be a condition? Because if it can’t be a condition, then maybe “momnesia” shouldn’t be a condition either. Really, see it for what it is, a self-important woman who thinks that the rest of the world’s problems ceased to exist the moment she became a mother who believes she doesn’t have to listen to what anyone is saying.

As for the cure to sexaholism, study any married woman. Married women seem to put up “out of business” signs in the bedroom the second that ring slides on their finger. Figure out what makes them such prudes and inject that into men.

irskjfqe zswehf November 30, 2008, 4:54 AM