It's YOUR Fault Your Man is Checking Me Out

It's your own damn fault that your husband is looking at me. Here's why he's ogling me -- and not you.

man looking at woman

MILFmommy: Catch your man eyeing another chick when you're walking down the street? Well, hello. I'm the girl he's looking at. Although I can understand this may piss you off (I'd be pissed too), I have to be honest -- I like it.

First of all, I'm a mom and I work damn hard to look this good. I work out like crazy, I still fit into my skinny jeans, I never go out without mascara -- simply, I take pride in the fact that I am a woman! Second, when your man is looking at me it makes my guy want me even more ... love that. It's like a dog marking his territory and, frankly, it's nice to feel wanted. Third, by you not taking care of yourself, you're actually boosting my self-esteem in the process -- so thank you! Not that I needed a reminder, but it feels good to know I've still got it going on.

Honestly, it's really your own fault your man's checking me out -- you're the one who has let yourself go. I understand the baby weight thing, but that was four years ago ... and P.S.? you sound like a broken record. Get on the treadmill, DO something! Those cheap, old, ill-fitting mom jeans may have saved you some money, but they're not doing anything to save your sex life. Get some jeans that hug your curves so your man can see your booty.

And while we're on the subject, what are you wearing under your jeans? Take a peek. If your panties are more than a year old, they're likely to have holes (and other stuff) in them.

If you absolutely INSIST on wearing sweatpants (yuck) don't wear your husband's -- they add 5 lbs. to your already out of shape body. Get a pair of cute ones, or at least some that fit.

Oh, and I can't believe I actually have to say this because it's just so obvious, but for God's sake SHAVE (legs, underarms, bikini)! The "I haven't shaved in two weeks" isn't cute, it's gross. Nobody wants to go down there with a machete.

The bottom line -- if you don't want him staring at me, make him stare at YOU!

next: Time For a Hand Job, Ladies
LIZ September 26, 2008, 2:30 PM

I think that she’spartially right about letting ourselves go sometimes. I think women no matter how much they weight they should always be pretty. However, I do not agree with the fact that I have to go and show my body to other men to feel good. It is more important to know that my husband likes me the way I am. After all, men are men and I am sure that her “man” looks at other women no matter how hot she looks.

A H September 26, 2008, 6:53 PM

WHAT are you thinking???

This takes us back to the mentality of the 1950’s. “Wives better look great, have the house clean, be ready for sex, and OBEY the man. OR he will find a good women that will make him happy.?”

Lillyanna September 26, 2008, 7:11 PM

Is this what MomLogic is about … bashing moms. I thought we were about raising the next gereration for the future generation. This site is a bunch of gargage if this is all that it’s offering! And I’ve visited this site lately. Bashing women from Palin to overweight mom’s. Shame on you MomLogic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaylon September 26, 2008, 7:33 PM

She is on the money! I’m sure that its hard to hear,especially for those who have let them selves go(for many reasons)illness,depression ect. What you must understand ladies men are very visual, and that is why you have to choose a mate that is understanding of your needs and wants as well. A patient man is a great man however, patience runs out. Get it together SOON eat good work out,not only will your man feel good about you but you will feel good about yourself.

gaylon September 26, 2008, 7:45 PM

This is for Bree, girl you can’t make no man love you! The more you try the more they hate you. It seems like the issues you are having with your husband is more than him looking at other woman.Why dont you try focusing on yourself more,and less on him. Mentally I mean continue to take on your “wiffy” duties. With self love in play things will change for you may not be what you think it should be but, it will be what its suppose to be. Remeber if you dont love yourself no one else will love you either. Peace and good luck…Self love is the key.

renee September 26, 2008, 8:42 PM

i totally agree with the writer,getting married and having kids doesnt give you a reason to give up.i may have put on a couple of pounds(10 to be exact) in the 20 yrs we have been together but i know my hubby still looks and wants me.if u think im wrong just ask my girlfriend who let herself go…her now EX-hubby found a new hottie

May be a Bit True... BUT... September 26, 2008, 8:53 PM

I must say that this is offensive. Yes, I agree that I do not want to put fuel on this woman’s fire, but I can’t let this one go without a reply.
For those of us who are ALL NATURAL and DO NOT wish to wear makeup or revealing clothes, this really should not matter. As some others have said, WE MARRIED our men for who we ARE INSIDE not for what we look like. Yes, after so many years things change on the body. And if the men don’t like it, they should have never married us.
My man says he LOVES that I don’t cake on makeup and I don’t wear revealing or skanky clothes. I have self respect and respect for my Husband. I also want to be a good role model for my daughter. So screw the other men out there that want to look at me and the women that want the man’s attention. If you are wanting my man’s attention, COME TO ME AND ASK, I will tell you to go to hell. WHY AREN’T YOU GETTING THE ATTENTION OF YOUR OWN MAN??? Why other women’s men???
I got with my husband and I barely EVER wore make up at all. I wore jeans and comfortable fitting tops. That is the SAME way I have been after 10 1/2 yrs.
My Hubby asks me WHY I need to wear makeup to go shopping? I AGREE. Who the hell am I trying IMPRESS??? NOBODY. I GOT MY MAN!!! Now you leave him alone, that means trying to JUST get his attention with your looks as well.

Kat September 26, 2008, 8:53 PM

This was written by a man, sillies.

Hmmm... This Is Stupid September 26, 2008, 9:37 PM

Okay, I DO NOT AGREE!!!
I have been married to my husband now for 8 years and a couple of months. When we first started dating I was wearing similar clothes as him. Jeans, t-shirts, sometimes girlie tops, a matching ball cap as him, and matching sketchers shoes as him as well. But of course now he could care less what I wear, as long as it is NOT revealing to others. He says he could care less if I shave everyday. We now have a beautiful 6 yr old daughter. I am NOT going to teach her to wear makeup to make herself PRETTY for someone else. I do NOT wear makeup on a regular basis, usually ONLY wear it when I go out with my Husband. He does not see a sense in me JUST wearing makeup for nothing. And he DOES love that I still have a bit if baby belly, as we call it. I am not over weight, but do weigh about 10 pounds more than when we first got together. He thinks it is sexy. And he thinks that me being All Natural is sexy too.
Yes, I wear sexy under stuff FOR HIM sometimes, but he could really CARE LESS what I am wearing, as long as we are in love and respect each other.
I agree that we just want to know that we are BOTH HERE FOR EACH OTHER NO MATTER WHAT…THRU THICK AND THIN…THRU SICKNESS AND HEALTH…TIL DEATH DO US PART!!! WHO CARES WHAT ANYBODY THINKS…

AND YES, OTHER MEN LOOK AT ME IN MY NATURAL STATE AS WELL. Even when I am just wearing a PLAIN MENS STYLE TANK TOP with jeans and flip-flops. So I do know that I look good WITHOUT makeup and WITHOUT fancy clothes on. I have naturally beautiful eyes and lips and some curves that DO NOT need to be enhanced. SO, THNX FOR THE USELESS TIP!!!

I must say, I agree that this site is to HELP EACH OTHER OUT, not put others down. So what happened here? This should have NEVER been posted.

vlp70 September 26, 2008, 9:46 PM

My first reaction as a women was to disagree and to be hateful towards this women then when i sat and really processed what she was saying sadness for her came into play. While she is right in some aspect of “her” view about taking care of yourself and who does not want to be looked at it a positive way, just her online name says a lot about her. The attention she craves from other men says a lot about what she lacks in her own relationship. Take care of yourself, you will feel better and in return treat your other half as you want to be treated.

RegularJoe September 27, 2008, 4:08 AM

Two things, ladies, from a male perspective:

1) You take men looking at women WAY too seriously. We look, and then we go on about our business. I take notice of great looking women, but it’s nothing more than a pleasant bit of eye candy. Either get over it, or go through life being miserable.

2) She has a valid point about taking care of yourself, true, but if you’re going to rely on looking better than the competition to “keep your man,” you’re eventually going to lose. Staying fit and healthy and caring about your appearance is fine, but if that’s your main bait for catching a man, you’re going to catch men who are only interested in looks.

kpmomma September 27, 2008, 7:58 PM

I’ve never been skinny, worn tight or expensive clothes, or flaunted myself. When my husband and I met we were best friends for over a year before we decided to start dating. 6 years of marriage, two kids, and several lbs. later he still thinks I’m the sexiest woman who walks the earth and I’ve never caught him turn his head for anyone else, but when I walk in the room watch out, whiplash! :) MILFmommy: If you have to spend so much time on your appearance just to keep your man then you’ve obviously married the wrong man. What are you going to do when everything goes south and he trades you in for a 25 year old? I guess then you will learn that no matter what you do, it’s the internal connection that matters, not the external attraction.

Anonymous September 27, 2008, 10:45 PM

Maybe It’s because I’m bisexual, but I don’t care if he’s looking at you as long as I’m the only one he’s taking to bed. Why should we stop looking at attractive people just because we are committed to one another? My partner and I both can appreciate the sexy coeds walking around town, but I know I’m the only one he wants and thats what matters. Just because I think someone is attractive doesn’t mean I find him any less so, so why would I assume it’s any different for him? And truth be told he may be a little heavier and less well kept now that we have a 9 month old baby (hell I know I am), but When I see him with her he’s the sexiest man on earth

Anonymous September 28, 2008, 6:43 PM

If a man loves his woman..it will not matter what she wears.Did you ever stop to think…the reason these other guys are looking at you is because they are so thankful their women don’t dress like you?What man wants his woman to advertise so other men can look?I don’t think the women on here would be OK if their man wore extra low skin tight jeans which would show the inside package?Or hey, extra short-shorts with no underwear, imagine that! HAHA

Sara October 10, 2008, 4:33 PM

LOL my husband could care less what I wear (nothing if up to him), but looking and feeling good aren’t just good for you and your husband/boyfriend, it is good for your kids too. We should model confidence(along with modesty).. and not to mention, think about how that makes your kid feel when you say you look and feel like crap since bringing them into the world…harsh. Anyway.. If your husband/boyfriend is visually stimulated then looking good really is important. Plus once you can make yourself dress up and have sex more often then it becomes easier to get out of a rut. I think a lot of times with post partum, we get out of the sexy habit and then just kind of forget how good sex feels or looking feels and it is easy to turn down. You should talk to your husband/boyfriend and ask him for help to get you feeling good. Ladies unfortunately you might have to force yourselves for awhile until it feels right again. Try to not get annoyed with your husband/boyfriend if he is antsy..and you feel pressured. Just thank them for being so patient with you and ask them to let you get back into the groove at a steady pace. Slow and steady wins the race. You don’t want to rush into it and raise high expectations and then let him and yourself down. Men really ask very little of us and they give up so much..bachelorhood..let’s face it we think it’s childish, but Freedom is EXTREMELY important to men..so the least you could do is put out..after all they chose to give up their freedom for you. -Good Luck Ladies!

geen October 24, 2008, 3:21 PM

PLEASE COME OUT WITH A NEW ARTICLE SOON! I LOVE READING THEM!

Sunny December 1, 2008, 12:19 AM

Sounds like everyone who has nothing nice to say about this article probably needs to get on the treadmill as well. I agree w/ her. Most moms are gross to look at and it’s sad. Take PRIDE in yourselves ladies!!! Oh and there is NEVER an okay time to leave the house in pajama pants.

Lori December 25, 2008, 7:13 PM

The blogger crosses the line trying to look good for strange men. If she’s with her mate why does she even NOTICE strange men, let alone doll up for them? Sorry, the territorial explanation is just stupid. Also, her advice to so called “frumps.” The frumps at least don’t rack up credit card bills like MILFS. Hair treatments, skinny jeans, facials, etc… Sure a stranger will give a MILF he doesn’t have to share finances with an admiring glance when she’s spent hundreds of dollars on highlights and skinny jeans etc… The MILF’s husband however is probably contemplating divorce.

typewriter September 3, 2009, 7:53 PM

You were never hugged as a child, were you?

Anonymous September 3, 2009, 8:00 PM

this is absolutely true, dont let them hate milfmommy, theyre just jealous