Hasselbeck Says Michelle O. Has Something to Hide

At an event for Cindy McCain in Minneapolis, The View host Elisabeth takes her best shot. What do you think?  Is all fair in talk shows and politics?

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Cindy McCain
Morning Show Moms: Wake Up to Them or Press Snooze? First Lady Fashions

next: Blue State Mom vs. Red State Mom
Anonymous September 9, 2008, 2:20 PM

awesome!!!

Latoya September 9, 2008, 2:28 PM

Elizabeth Hasselbeck always ends up putting her own foot in her mouth…Can we get back to the actual presidential race? There are some things that should not be up for discussion, and private family matters fall into that category. This is the worse presidential race in the history of America with the exception of the last one…Hasselbeck should save her personal opinions for “The View.”

Kimberly/Mom in the City September 9, 2008, 3:12 PM

It’s fine to have your political favorites (everyone does!) However, I don’t think that it was very professional of Elizabeth to share behind the scenes information of The View’s guest.

Morning September 9, 2008, 4:43 PM

Elizabeth is a girl with an agenda. She is two-faced when it comes to politics and it is too bad she had to step on Michelle’s toes to make her point! I had a feeling she was trying to be the “bulldog with lipstick” inspired by Palin, but it just doesn’t fit her because she’s not very smart.

CK1 September 9, 2008, 4:46 PM

If Elisabeth would have made a comment against Cindy the media would have eaten it up and turned it into a circus just like everything else. Honestly, though, how could you say one bad thing about Cindy? Her life has been dedicated to helping people everywhere. She is a humanitarian. Anyway, my point is there is nothing wrong with what she said. She gave everyone a bit of information to mull over. It’s a free country people, or is that just for the media and Democrats? At least she didn’t slander Palin like Whoopie Goldberg did. She compared Palin to a Nazi. Now that’s ruthless! I don’t see anybody telling Whoopie that she was wrong in making comments. Once again the media taking sides. The left side.

Tracy Bates September 9, 2008, 7:56 PM

I quit washing the View because of all of the racial remark’s and I’m tired of Joy’s mouth and I used to like Whoopie but she lost me. I LOVE Elisabeth and it is to bad she has to put up with such people. No one is aloud to say anything bad about the Obama family but can say what they want about McCain and Palin. The only reason people are voting for Obama is because he is black ( and also HALF WHITE ), and has a gift of gab. No one every herd of Obama before all this now I see way to much. I can not wait for this elections to be over and never see or hear of Obama again. Go McCain/Palin.

kimberly_s September 9, 2008, 7:58 PM

there is nothing about elisabeth hasselbeck that qualifies her to be an expert on politics. in fact, she really does not seem to be much of an expert of anything. i wouldn’t listen to a word she says.

praying4baby#2 September 9, 2008, 8:56 PM

I don’t take anything Elizabeth has to say seriously! She’s a TV personality!! Anyone who takes her political opionions to heart, are irresponsible as far as I’m concerned!

I’ll stick to getting my facts from the news!!

CK1 September 9, 2008, 11:53 PM

praying4baby#2 Facts from the news, HAHA! That’s laughable. The media reports their agenda not necessarily the facts. If you really want to know the facts go to factcheck.org. They take all the nasty rumors and investigate them and let you know what is fact or fiction.

SueB September 10, 2008, 7:43 AM

Elizabeth’s only TV qualification is that she was on Survivor. Not someone worth wasting time on. Tracy, if you want people to take your seriously please spell check. CK1, try the BBC if you don’t like the American press (unless you only like them when they agree with you). factcheck.org is only one source and if that’s your only one you may want to educate yourself further.

laura pelayo September 10, 2008, 3:51 PM

I don’t think it is very professional for elizabeth to talk about backstage stuff. and as for nothing bad to say about cindy, please!!! how about all her lies first the cookies then the whole mother teresa thing.Also i really have some questions about her taking one too many prescription meds she always looks a little high (at the convention she reminded me of paula on american idol). And for the comment about elizabeth having to put up with the ladies of the view, i think elizabeth is doing just fine holding her own. just because people have different views does not make them annoying or less likeable. What i don’t like is how elizabeth always praises mccain and when something negative comes up she always has a spin on it or says she doesn’t think he ment it. please, give me a break. also about no one hearing about obama before all this, what about palin. i had heard about obama way before all this but palin, that’s who no one has heard of and hearing her once is more than enough, she literally repeats her speech word for word. I could put my hair in a french twist throw on some glasses and say exactly what she does. i’m sick of her party claiming everyone is being unfair to her, and keeping her from doing interviews. what are they hiding and why does she keep repeating things that have been proven to be false. like her being against the bridge to nowhere. we all know she was originally for it so why does she keep saying the same thing about alaska building it for themselves if they wanted it. she must really think we are all stupid

CK1 September 10, 2008, 6:12 PM

To SueB Nice cut on me…let me guess, you are a Democrat? That was uncalled for by the way. I wasn’t putting anyone HERE down, I was referring to the MEDIA. And, as far as your nasty comment about factcheck.org and me educating myself, did you really want me to make a long list of all my sources of information…Give me a break! I was giving an example of a reliable source to look at, get it? You must feel so powerful going through comments and cutting people down. HaHa!!!

Yokie September 11, 2008, 4:19 PM

Cindy McCain become so addicted to painkillers that she was stealing them from a medical charity she ran. If that were you or I, we’d be in jail and have a felony on our record.
Hasselbeck seems to be immature and childish. We should try and find common ground, rather than throwing gas on the political fire. She seems to want to “win” at any cost. Her comments do not advance our nation and demeans the process.

Tracy September 11, 2008, 8:21 PM

Joy Behar was on CNN and said there was no list from Michelle Obama.

Looks like maybe Elisabeth lied. I’d like to know for sure. Republicans are used to lying.

I cant even watch the View anymore, because she is so shrill and cocky. There cant even be an intelligent discussion anymore.

CK1 September 12, 2008, 10:07 PM

Yorkie Who is running for President? I’m not sure what your comment about Cindy McCain had to do with the Presidential race. Seems irrelevant, especially, since Cindy is a humanitarian who has dedicated her life to helping people in poor countries. I’m sure she’s done alot more good than most Americans. What have you done lately to help others less fortunate than you? Try doing some research on her, you will be amazed by her life. She is truly a good person with a huge heart. And to Tracy, as we watched Joy deliberately disrespect McCain on National Television, we wonder just what would Joy do for her Democratic pick? Perhaps lie? God knows CNN has an agenda against McCain and Palin. Why wouldn’t Joy? Anyway, back to Senator John McCain and Barack Obama. The wives are not running here.

Breezy in TX September 13, 2008, 2:09 PM

Elizabeth Hasselbeck gets bullied on that show!! Everyone else talks over her so much?! She stands her ground. I love her, BUT I can’t watch the rest of them!

Linda September 16, 2008, 7:51 AM

I am finding the problem to be the same as the one entered On Sept 10 by KC Underwood I noticed when pressing the agree button on a post that favors Palin or McCain the count stays the same, at first I thought it was just a glitch but after several stayed the same I knew the results were not correct…humm bet it would increase if it was for Obama.

Sue January 30, 2009, 8:42 PM

Don’t you people have anything better to do with your time than watch
daytime TV?………..Geez,what a waste.