I'm Glad I Was A Slut

Mom With A Mouth says: Sow your wild oats. Saving yourself for marriage is B.S.

cheerleaders

When I saw Levi Johnston paraded around at the RNC next to his teenage and pregnant bride-to-be, I wondered if it had occurred to him yet that he will never have sex with any other woman. Again. Ever. Fortunately, my son is still very young, but inevitably, one day his hormones will rage and he will want to have sex. And lots of it.

But unlike Sarah Palin, I will not tell him to abstain or save himself for marriage. In fact, I'll probably do the opposite. I will encourage him to have multiple relationships and partners before marriage. To date a lot of different women so that when he does finally meet "the one" he won't feel like he's missed out on experiencing other women.

Before I met my husband, I had sex with a lot of other men (relax, honey, the number isn't as high as you think).  Unlike many of my friends who have only been with one partner (their husbands), I have never felt like I was missing out or wondered what it would be like to be with another man. I know what it's like to be with another man. In fact, having had multiple partners makes me certain that I am with the right man now.  Well, unless, Levi  Johnston (and Casey Altridge for that matter too) has had the good fortune of having sex with all the girls on the high school cheerleading team, then I suspect he'll never be certain that Bristol Palin is Mrs. Right...

next: Yum?! Edible Cleaning Products
Anonymous September 25, 2008, 2:17 PM

You’re so right on! I too would not change a thing about my wild teen years. They made me who I am today, a happily married mom of two. People need to lighten up and live a little.

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 2:34 PM

Such reckless comments and behavior is justifying an immoral past. If every young adult followed that path we really wouln’t be able to develop a antibiotic to combat all the diseases and strains of disease that lifestyle would bring about. With many partners comes a lot of heartache no matter how someone tries to spin it. People are never satisfied and it would lead to inevitable comparisons if not spoken outloud it would be harbor secretly in the mind not to mention its just gross. Everyone carries their own set of bacteria and we should even share a drink out of another’s cup let alone spread other bodily fluids from coast to coast. One man for one woman for life is the pure healthy way to live!

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 2:52 PM

(typo-we should not drink out of another’s cup)

Anonymous September 25, 2008, 2:53 PM

(typo-we should not drink out of another’s cup)

rachel b September 25, 2008, 3:12 PM

Its true we should live a little but you dont got to have sex or oral sex to do that. I am 30 years old, got five kids of my own plus a step daughter. All I think about is raiseing my children to respect not only themselves but the others arround them. To teach these young people that its ok to have multiple partners is teaching them to not have respect for themselves. They need to know that a person they chose to be with is with them for the right reasons. Many people may think that I am wrong but I use myself as an example of what they should not do. But I also explain about the differances in our lives and how we were raised. I always tell my childern that if your not ready to have a family your not ready to have sex. They know that a childs needs should always come befor your own, thats what being a parent is.

ITs OK September 25, 2008, 4:39 PM

i 100% agree with this article. And it is not disrespecting ones self to have multiple partners. While some people maybe be more sexually free, it is not crazy to have sex in the context of having REALTIONSHIPS with people who respect you and you both mutually care for each other. And please do so with condoms and birth control.

rachell b September 26, 2008, 12:02 AM

you wouldnt be saying ITs OK if it was your 13,14,15,16 or 17 year old saying their gonna have a baby.Eaven worse a girl and she dont know who the father is. Plus the diseases. they are so bad that they recomend getting our daughters vaccinated for them now just to help keep them under control, because people wont control themselves. You also know dam well people dont use protction; at least not like they should. No longer are people haveing sex because theyer in love. No; now days they do it like theyer playing a game. Have you seen some of the photos or movies; people are doing some sick stuff.Sex itself is becoming a disease. Some days I feel all I can do is prey. I dont know about you, but I hope to never see one of those photos or movies and have it be of someone I know and love. One thing leads to another. Take the adventure out of sex before you find the one you love that you can share it with, than what do you got left.

Miss India September 26, 2008, 11:07 AM

It’s disgusting to be proud of having many sexual partners. I was raised not to have sex before marriage, and I am still not married and still a virgin. You shouldn’t disrespect other people because they actually have good values and you don’t. Your son is probably going to get some girl pregnant or get an STD.

the sensible middle ground September 26, 2008, 1:11 PM

I would encourage my children to date lots of different people before they marry, no question. Whether or not they have sex with each of the people they date is a different issue, because whether or not it’s a good idea depends on the maturity of the relationship.

It continues to baffle me how this point seems to elude the extremely conservative right (like some of the people on this post).

There is a VAST difference between two unmarried 25 year olds in a relationship having sex, and two 17 year old strangers having a drunken one-night stand without protection.

To me, good values are teaching that sex should be practiced safely with someone you love, and not used carelessly with lots of different people just to “see what’s out there.” In that sense, I disagree with the original poster.

However, Miss India, it’s clear to me that you have developed a habit of over-simplifying a grey issue to justify your own personal life choices. Anyone who isnt a virgin is therefore an STD-ridden slut. A middle ground doesn’t and can’t exist to you.

Unfortunately for you, there are a lot of responsible, lovely, sexually active couples out there who prove you wrong. If you want to be a virgin until marriage, more power to you, but you need to stop judging others with uneducated and ignorant statements.

Viva October 1, 2008, 11:41 AM

Miss India, you have to be a virgin because your husband won’t want to BUY you otherwise.

rachell b October 1, 2008, 1:21 PM

dear Viva there is no reason for u to b rude to mss india. U should never put another person down for their beleifs. may be ur just jealous cuz no one would ever think about paying for yours. Next time think about the things u say before u say them.

Mr. India October 2, 2008, 1:57 PM

Miss India is right. Saving sex for the “one Mr. right” will help in sustaining the married life “until death do us apart”. The writer may have found Mr. Right after so many sexual encounters. But what about those that still feel their spouse is not the right choice? Then they get into extra-martial affairs, divorces leading to decay of the society.

OH AND WELL! The writer had sex with multiple men before she got married! But she missed out on SEX WITh OTHER WOMEN. So, is she going to try that out now, wioth multiple partners to get her desires fulfilled! (SIC!)

Jas October 3, 2008, 1:09 AM

Just because one has multiple sex partners does not mean they lack morals. Different cultures have different values, and judging somebody because they don’t conform to your beliefs is just as bad as what you’re condemning them for.
I’ve only been with one partner,and we plan to marry. That doesn’t mean I will never have another sexual partner. Humans aren’t inherently monogamous. Learn to deal.

Pissed off AMERICAN! October 4, 2008, 8:46 PM

Lets encourage children to have sex! Yes, we’re talking about children here aren’t we, under-aged children? Better yet, Obama wants to teach children about sex in kindergarten! So our children can run around having sex instead of playing outside, sports, doing what kids do.. (not what adults do, outrageous!) The statistics already show 12-13 years old with STDS, why not kindergarten as well. And who’s the lucky one(s) to support these babies having babies? YOUR TAX DOLLARS! Standing ovation, sounds like a great plan! Lets just hope those voting for Obama put their foot where their mouth is.

David Radford October 4, 2008, 9:12 PM

The author of this article is a cretin. She is making excuses for her inability to love. She is part of the reason we have hundreds of thousands of innocent unborn babies butchered in their mothers’ wombs every year. Not to mention the huge number of people with VD. (Venereal disease. Changing the name doesn’t change what it is…)
You don’t know what love is. You didn’t know what it was before you got married, and you don’t know what it is now.

YOU are part of the problem. I’m sure your children will be ecstatic to know that their father could have been any number of different men from your past… Do you think they’d like to hear about your past ‘loves’? I doubt it.

David Radford October 4, 2008, 9:13 PM

Jeanne October 4, 2008, 9:52 PM

Oh come ON, David.

Responsible people use birth control and are not disease-ridden either. Most people have had more than one sexual partner. It’s part of life/self exploration.

Whenever I hear people object to this, I wonder what they’re really worried about… being compared to someone else unfavorably?

Tim October 4, 2008, 10:26 PM

I love slutty chicks!!! keep them coming!! the younger the better!! wooooo =)

Ashley Dawn October 15, 2008, 12:06 PM

Well i dont think we should courage the behavior….

Tom Fierce October 16, 2008, 1:57 PM

I think that we are missing the bigger picture that Casey Palin and her bf are going to have to deal with resposibility of raising a child at 17. Younger people should be fully aware of the consquences of their actions if they want to have sex, e.g. STD’s and pregnancy. Let’s face it, kids are always going to want to have sex and will usually find a way. I sure did when I was a teenager.