Jenny McCarthy Blasts Amanda Peet

First, Amanda called Jenny a "parasite." Now Jenny says Amanda has "a lot of balls." It's on!

jenny mccarthy asking to green our vaccines

Jenny McCarthy is blasting actress Amanda Peet after she said in this month's Cookie magazine that parents who choose not to vaccinate their children are "parasites."

Even after Amanda apologized for her comments, Jenny is still vigorously defending the autism community. In Spectrum magazine's October/November issue, Jenny says Amanda "has a lot of balls to come forward and be on that side, because there is an angry mob on my side. I like the fact that I can say she's completely wrong. Until she walks in our shoes, she has no idea."

After her son was diagnosed with autism, Jenny gained worldwide media attention fighting against what she deems to be unsafe vaccines. She will appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Friday. Amanda Peet recently agreed to be a spokesperson for Every Child By Two (ECBT), an organization that raises awareness of the importance of getting children fully immunized by the time they are two years old.

The national autism advocacy group Autism United is calling for a boycott of all of Amanda Peet's movies. "We want to send a clear message to her," says Executive Director John Gilmore. "Our community will not support the continued misinformation that is funneled into the media by organizations like ECBT and the American Academy of Pediatrics. We are not against vaccines, rather we are for safe vaccines. Until they understand that, we won't back down. Ms. Peet's comments are deplorable and an apology will not suffice. We applaud Jenny McCarthy's continued efforts and for speaking up for our community."

Who's right in this fight?

next: Wall Street Regrets ... I've Had a Few
Thomas D. Taylor September 30, 2008, 11:55 AM

Anyone wanting the FACTS on autism is welcome to listen to “Autism and Vaccines: Parts I & II” at www.mic.mypodcast.com The audio podcasts are put out by Midnight In Chicago and are free to download, heavily researched, and composed from scientific fact which has repeatedly stated that there is no link between autism and vaccines.

Anonymous September 30, 2008, 12:19 PM

Amanda Peete needs to shut up. She’s been a parent for like ten minutes. Besides, who even knows who she is or cares what she thinks?

Anonymous September 30, 2008, 12:40 PM

She has just as much right to push for vaccines and Jenny has to fight against them. Freedom of speech is a two way street. BTW there has been several outbreaks of measles and even whooping cough (protussis)recently. So when people say there is no reason to vaccinate for these b/c they don’t occur anymore are wrong!

anonymous September 30, 2008, 1:08 PM

I think that maybe Jenny McCarthy should reevaluate some of hte things that she has said in the media as well. Stating that her son is cured through therapy and drugs is just one of the ways that she is not educated about autism. if she were, she would know that while a child can learn to function better (especially with a light case of autism as her son has), there is no cure. she should not spout false hope for mother’s of children who have autism anywhere on the spectrum. any mother who has a child with autism should make sure that she is fully educating herself about the whole of autism, not what causes it or what celebrities have children with it. they should learn how to help their child be able to function in society. Providing for the child should be the main concern.

Queen Bee September 30, 2008, 2:03 PM

I agree with anon about the misinformation McCarthy is giving moms. Autism is like Dyslexia. You can’t cure Dyslexia but through a different way of learning you can contain it and function on an normal level.
Besides, I think it is such a mixed message. “THE MMR CAUSES AUTISM BUT WE WANT YOUR KIDS VACCINATED”. How does that make sense. Plus, I’m sure the CDC and the AAP are scrambling to find a link or no link to autism and vaccines. They don’t want a massive outbreak to occur. So far they haven’t found anything. The dude in Britain that claimed the MMR caused autism and caused this whole issue retracted his statement saying that he was wrong.
People should read up on the diseases that the MMR shot prevent. Rubella alone should scare the hell out of any pregnant women.
Vaccines have been such a life saving miracle. You play with fire when you scare people into not vaccinating children. Some of these diseases are more harmful to adults if you are not immune. So, don’t just educate yourself about autism. Educate yourself on the vaccines itself (not from these pro-autism sites). How do they work, what do they prevent, why are certain chemicals in the vaccine etc?
I feel that this organization (Autism United) is becoming the new PETA. I think it is a little extreme to call for boycotts and to tell someone to “watch out” because angry mobs will come after them.

Anonymous September 30, 2008, 2:08 PM

whoever wrote the last comment your an idiot her childs case was severe and apparently you dont know shit about autism. She doesnt give false hope her message is keep trying not everyting works for the same child.

me September 30, 2008, 2:40 PM

Queen Bee to respond to the ‘mixed message’ you feel Jenny is sending out - be informed. Jenny is for SAFE vaccines. Vaccines right now are not safe. they contain many harmful ingredients. Do yourself a favor and read a package insert on one of these vaccines. If we can make them safer and deliver them to our children more safely then thats the ideal situation.

Anonymous September 30, 2008, 2:58 PM

Don’t assume that parents who are pro-vax haven’t done their homework. Many have, they just came up with a different conclusion than you.

I think it’s great that parents are reading up on these things instead of just accepting one person’s take on it, whether that person is their pediatrician or their anti-vax neighbor.

That said, Jenny McCarthy appears to be willing to jump on any hot topic that comes along. Her child was an “indigo child,” too. She’s not the person I’d want representing my viewpoint to the media, because she comes across as flighty and not very well-informed.

Queen Bee September 30, 2008, 4:26 PM

I have done my research and I DO know what is in these vaccines. That is why I said to look them up yourselves and then see why they are put in vaccines. Some of the “harmful” ingredients are used to kill the virus. Very small amounts I might add. Jenny still comes across as vaccines vs. autism. Not safer ingredients in vaccines. Plus telling someone that they should still get vaccines and then screaming harmful toxins seems a little mixed to me. Make sure you get your vaccines but while your doing it know your harming your child? I don’t think its a positive way to get your point across.
And yes, if a small trace of formaldehyde prevents my son from getting polio then its worth it. Like I said, read up on the diseases. Vaccines are a miracle. Unless you can find rainbows, sunshine, and daffodils to replace the ingredients to make them “green”……you do more harm then good scaring people into not vaccinating their kids.
The ingredients are what the CDC and scientists have come up with that have been proven to work. I do not think they intentionally want to harm children, nor do I think they are liars or conspirators to get your money. It is scary to think that people in the AU tell people that your pediatrician (who follows the CDC and AAP guidelines AND has taken oaths to “do no harm”)is misinforming you in regards to your child’s health and best welfare.

Karra October 2, 2008, 1:22 AM

As the mother of a severely disabled child I shudder every time someone in the public eye has a special needs child no matter what the diagnosis. Sarah Palin says we will have a friend in the White House but that is simply not true. Palin will have no idea what kind of obstacles most families with special needs children face. These celebrities have the resources to provide their kids with all of the things they need without struggle. Most of us are fighting for the simplest things from out insurance companies. There are few resources available within the community. How can they possibly know what it’s like to go without sleep for a week, to fight on a daily basis for medication, therapies, equipment? Life on this side is completely different than the life they are living. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they are able to provide their children with those things but I bristle at their claims that they know what we are going through. They have no idea.

Mariella April 1, 2009, 5:24 PM

Hola, great site here :) I am looking for fans of our beloved celebs. If you have any info with someone, i will appreciate your help :)

In exchange I can upload some top hottest stuff from my hd here.
Regards! Waiting for links with good stuff, and free of course :)