Palin and Obama's New 'Lipstick Line'

Instead of mudslinging, candidates are hitting the makeup drawer.

What's with all the lip during the presidential race? This campaign, so far, has mentioned lipstick more often than a couple of drag queens after a show. First, Sarah Palin compares herself to a pitbull in lipstick and then Obama turns around and compares the Republican campaign to a putting lipstick on a pig. That's a lot of beastly makeup references. Um, this campaign certainly is a horserace of different color.

With all the lipstick smack talk,
the only one probably licking its lips is the cosmetic industry, who, spotting a hole in the market, will no doubt start marketing their products to the animal kingdom.

pitbullsinlipstick2.jpgpiginlipstickad.jpg

What do you think of Obama's lipstick quip?

next: Married and Flirting: It's OK
HeatherM September 10, 2008, 4:42 PM

lol

Julie September 10, 2008, 4:53 PM

I read about this. I can’t believe the McCain campaign. The Candidate himself has used that phrase a bunch of times, but now his campaign is spinning Obama’s “intended meaning.” They say he was refering to her. How do they know that? That’s a smear campain, masquerading as chivalry. Something ugly, dressed up pretty. Like putting lipstick on a pig.

CK1 September 10, 2008, 5:53 PM

It would have been wise on Obama’s part, knowing that Sarah Palin had referred to lipstick and pitbulls at the RNC, not to use the pig with lipstick phrase. It is always good to think before you speak. It doesn’t matter if the pun was intended for Palin OR the Republican party, it was not a smart move on his part politically. If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to start acting seriously. He’s not a good comedian…and that’s not what the American people are looking for. To the candidates running for President: GET TO THE ISSUES. I for one am sick of all the back and forth crap. I want to hear about the issues. Who is going to raise taxes, who is not? What is going to happen with this war and when will our troops be coming home? What is going on in Afghanistan and what are they going to do about it? What are they going to do to change the failing economy? When are they going to start drilling and what other options are they going to vote for and WHEN? We are waiting…

Anonymous September 10, 2008, 6:26 PM

600,000 jobs lost since january 2008
unemployment rate hits 5-year high
4,115 americans killed since the start of the iraq war.

when is john mccain and his bush cronies actually going to start talking about the issues instead of blatantly lying and refusing to say what they will actually do to deal with all our problems?

It’s a sad day that the John McCain who was once viewed as a maverick has sold out to get elected. He has filled his campaign with Bush advisors and even hired the man to help out Sarah, Tucker Eskew. Eskew is the same guy who derailed McCain’s 2000 campaign in south carolina, when he implied the Senator had a black child. A war hero, yet. A political hero? NO.

Amanda September 10, 2008, 9:13 PM

Personally I don’t give a damn who’s wearing lipstick !! Enough with it already get down to what really matters as CK1 stated.

Marquita September 10, 2008, 9:56 PM

if obama were talking about sarah palin he would say, “If you put lipstick on a pitbull, its still a pitbull”….actually he could not use that because the pitbull is now sarah palin!

CK1 September 10, 2008, 10:24 PM

Thank you Amanda for your support. It is refreshing to see that somebody else understands that this election is not about back and forth slander, it is about making some changes in our government so that we can fix our economy, among other problems that people are facing every day.
Now, you can keep on arguing about Obama’s lipstick comment or move on to something more important. THE ISSUES! The only thing that I’ve heard that I like was when McCain said he has fought for reform in Washington and so has Palin in Alaska. I personally would love it if Congress was made accountable for their actions. We deserve to know who is working for the people and who is not. It sure would help the voters alot if they knew WHO was supporting WHAT.

Caronamy September 11, 2008, 7:19 AM

let the games begin!

Sharon September 11, 2008, 8:24 AM

Hi all, I’ve stated before about getting facts from all over, including government pages. I put a site in the URL for the senators roll call (voting records), you can find state-level as well.
Have fun (and if you haven’t already go to each candidates websites. :-)

Sharon September 11, 2008, 8:50 AM

I thought I better point out that where it says my name that is the link to the page. You can look up by name, state, or party. There’s good information on the right of the page to link to as well.

Sharon September 11, 2008, 9:23 AM

I’m sorry. I am being totally obnoxious! This posting and the first have my name linking to the senate page. I some how linked the second posting to this page. :-(

TC September 11, 2008, 2:12 PM

you knowelections or voting same thing been there done that.Pig or pit bull it’s your choice.We need someone who’ll get the troops home safe,and sound.Not alot of bullying around each person.Yes the military fights for our country,they protect us”BRING THEM HOME”,not in caskets

Linda September 11, 2008, 7:32 PM

I’m still waiting to find out if McCain is being sued yet by the Wilson sisters for using their “BARRACUDA” song!!!

CK1 September 12, 2008, 9:03 AM

Linda It’s a free country, isn’t it? Or is that just for SOME people. The Republicans can play any song they want to. The Wilson sisters wouldn’t be having a hissy fit if anybody else played that song. In my opinion, it was a bad career move for the Wilson sisters. There will be plenty of people booing them off the stage for their prejudice against the Republicans. They really should have thought about THAT. I know alot of people that won’t pay a dime to go and see them play now. NO RESPECT…

Rachel September 12, 2008, 1:00 PM

CK1-
There is a thing called a Copyright Law which was put into place by our forefathers.

They are supposed to get permission to use it and even though you didn’t know that, it is a widely known fact. Just like commercials. A company has to get permission and/or pay to use original songs in their ads.

Of course, the Republicans seem to have a hard time doing anything honest and/or honorable.

Free country you say CK? Your double standards are amazing. They didnt want their song played and they have a right to say no and that is legal! Maybe its not even “prejudice of Republicans”. Maybe they didnt want any connection to any political party!! Did you think of that, or are YOU just so clouded and rightgeous.

CK1 September 12, 2008, 4:14 PM

Rachel HaHa!!! You are so angry, my dear…oh thanks for telling me that our forefathers came out with Copyright Laws for music. You might want to think about that sentence. What kind of music did they protect back then, Rachel?
I watched a wonderful country singer, (we won’t mention names, God forbid somebody say something derogatory about him), tell the media how honored he was that the Democratic party had picked his song to play during their convention. By the way, it was the same song played for President Bush during his convention. He was honored that BOTH parties liked his song enough to play it. Now that is someone I can respect. Everyone knows why the Wilson sisters don’t want the Republican party playing their song. It is petty and completely biased on their part. You can keep on defending them but really does it even matter? I say, “so what and get over it” to them. They are being petty and ridiculous. Like others we won’t mention. :)

Rachel September 12, 2008, 5:48 PM

Oh brother CK. Your ignorance is completely showing. Copyright laws, period, have been around since the 1800’s. What dont you get about that. Books, inventions and eventually music.

What about the Republican party breaking the law?? You are the biased and prejudiced one, if you make light of that.

Wilbur September 12, 2008, 7:13 PM

I agree with Rachel. You’re a moron CK1. If the potential President of the United States isn’t obeying her laws, why would anyone else. It’s the start of the breakdown of modern American society and like an avalanche, it will start at the top and it’s idiots like you that will contribute to it’s magnitude as it rolls down hill. Thanks. Moron

Anonymous September 14, 2008, 2:20 AM

ck-
you make me laugh and cry at the same time because you and all your simple minded friends are the majority in this country. we are the minority. it’s so sad.

CK1 September 14, 2008, 9:33 PM

So much ugliness. I feel sorry for you…I find it ironic that you said simple minded friends and the majority in the same sentence. Perhaps it’s not us that are simple minded Anonymous. And to Wilbur, are you among the simple minded too. Moron? Come on. What crime has Sarah Palin been convicted of? Being a WOMAN perhaps. Yeah, I got your point, buddy. Oh, and by the way, Sarah Palin is not the potential President of the United States. She is the potential Vice President of the United States. Who’s the moron? Really!?! And to Rachel, your personal attack was enlightening. I did some research and I think you should, too. :)