Group Boycotts Oprah for Palin Diss

Sarah Palin won't be on Oprah any time soon, and that has some fans screaming "boycott!"

Sarah Palin and Oprah Winfrey

The Florida Federation of Republican Women has launched a national boycott against Oprah, urging women to turn off her show and cancel their subscription to O magazine. They say it's unfair that Obama, whom Oprah has endorsed and campaigned with, appeared on her couch twice before accepting the nomination, but that Winfrey refuses to book Palin.

But Oprah says, "At the beginning of this campaign, when I decided I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates."

What do you think?

next: Found! A Cure for Back Fat
Barbara September 16, 2008, 11:52 AM

It does not matter if he is muslim or not everyone is focusing on that because of 911. Of course 911 was a horrible thing to go through. But we cannot hold all muslim or Islamic people accountable for that because if we do then Blacks would have to hate all whites for what they did not even 70 years ago. Slavery maybe phyiscally over but we are still doing it mentally to each other and it is time to stop. Don’t judge people by religion, or color judge them by them always remeber what you have done in life.

kdog September 16, 2008, 12:25 PM

Iwould love to see the GREAT STEIDMEN blow a monster load on Oprah’s face.

Suz September 16, 2008, 12:33 PM

This is “Momlogic”, right? So, the fact that Oprah doesn’t want Sarah Palin on her show solidifies my vote for McCain/Palin! Oprah is not God, people. The fact that Lindsay Lohan & the other Hollywood flakes also ostracize Palin is further confirmation that she’s the right choice for American families. “Hollywood be Thy Name” is NOT the prayer our house uses, folks.

P.S. For those who criticized an earlier poster as racist because he called Obama “Hussein”? Um, his real name is Barack Hussein Obama. Sorry if that upsets you, but it’s true. Do your research. I have nothing against Senator Obama - just clarifying.

Suz September 16, 2008, 12:39 PM

To the poster who pointed out they prefer Ellen DeGeneres? I don’t really watch either, but Ellen DID have Senator McCain on her show last month (along with Michelle Obama recently, as well). They had great, positive dialogue about their opposing views on gay marriage. I wish we could all have such intelligent discussion without throwing insults. Kudos to Ellen, and Oprah should take a lesson….Ellen will probably have Palin on, too, and kill Oprah in the ratings - rightly so.

Pat September 16, 2008, 12:42 PM

Are the GOP ladies BIAS? What seems to be your problem? Who are you to ask or tell anyone what to do.This hockey mom Sarah Palin is going for VP with no knowledge of what is really going on in the world, are you not voting for the old man McCain which is trouble in its self.WAR WAR WAR, thats all he knows and we know nothing about Palin The bullshit that is coming out of the GOP men and women makes me sick The thought of them in the whitehouse really is bad. What is she going to do bring her kids to her office? I really don’t want that in the whitehouse and now wanting to force someone in having her on their show really makes me turn away from the GOP. With little kids,take a job where you can run home when you want, not when your working for me and the rest of the world.Wait till there older and you have some knowledge.LEAVE OPRAH ALONE.IT’S HER SHOW.Your sounding like idiots. And yes I’m a working mom.

kdog September 16, 2008, 1:01 PM

I would like to see Steidman blow a monster load on Oprah’s face.

kdog September 16, 2008, 1:07 PM

Everybody go to You Tube and type in Larry Sinclair and find out what the real Barack is about.

Jan G. Muys September 16, 2008, 1:24 PM

racism is very much alive and that doesn’t exclude Queen of the screen
Oprah Winfrey!

jen September 16, 2008, 2:08 PM

Oprah is just like Obama.
He plays the white card when it is convient and wants the white vote. But wants the black vote because he is black. Keep in mind he is not 100% black and pay attention to how he uses it.
I don’t watch any longer and haven’t for a number of years. The same racism is there - You don’t have to watch her show just watch the commercials; look at her hair, the set, seating arrangement, and her hair to guess the color of her guest. She’ll look at white (hair down larger curls etc) but sit firther back for the white folk.

Neither are true to you about who they truely are!

mustangdude281 September 16, 2008, 2:51 PM

To randy, Of all the comments posted, both of yours seemed the most out of touch with reality. First, if she (Oprah) didn’t honor successful black women on the scale that she does, no one would. White women are celebrated on a large scale for their brains, beauty and accomplishments all the time in this country and abroad, meanwhile black women, for the most part, go unnoticed for their brains, beauty and accomplishments. Second, you attack Senator Obama for not including Hussein in his name. Well we all know it really is his middle name, so how’s he hiding anything. Do you go around introducing yourself including your middle name? I highly doubt it. Why aren’t you flapping your jibs about Senator Palin excluding her middle name?

Janet September 16, 2008, 3:07 PM

I’m a Black female McCain/Palin supporter who doesn’t watch Oprah’s show for no particular reason other than it doesn’t interest me. However, I do know that she has done some incredible things to help a lot of people both Black and White (how soon we forget). She is one of the few Black people who hasn’t forgotten where she came from. I think it is wonderful that she helps her own people and supports a candidate that she believes to be credible, intelligent, willing and able to lead a nation. She’s very proud of Barak Obama and should not be coerced into putting Mrs. Palin on her show. There are other shows I’m sure will be glad to have Sarah Palin.

As far as Obama’s name (Houssein) is concerned, should people whose names are Adolf be considered Nazis? If your name is Jeffrey does that mean you eat people, like Jeffrey Dahmer. If you are non-Black you know that many of YOUR parents and ancestors HATED Black people with a passion and will NOT vote for Obama for no other reason than that. Could that be the real issue with you? My sole purpose for not supporting Obama is because he doesn’t represent the issues in which I strongly believe—period. For that I am truly disappointed because I’m extremely proud of him BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.

I refuse to stoop to viscious demeaning attacks on his character or Oprah’s character just because they don’t agree with my views. I’m sure the McCain/Palin camp would appreciate it if their constituents would cease that kind of rhetoric in order to win votes. It doesn’t say much for the character of the people who ARE supporting them. It’s unfortunate that so many people respond to such ugliness.

Sean September 16, 2008, 3:15 PM

If it was a black female vice presidential candidate, would Oprah have her on? You betcha! It was known that Obama was in the mix a long time ago, nixing the remark that Oprah won’t use her show as a political platform. As for “On Fyre”, you need to get a little less angry and start truly looking in the mirror about racism!

l September 16, 2008, 3:43 PM

Oprah is her own boss,it’s her company;therefore,she can choose whomever she wants to on her show.

Jo September 16, 2008, 3:51 PM

What a line of BS “…I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates.”
Yet she has Obama on TWICE!! Come on Oprah! All you Obama supporters who think this is sooooo historical for an African American are forgetting his Mama is white! Better look deeper into your “black” guests before having them on your show!

Will never watch her again!

CONCERNED September 16, 2008, 4:32 PM

PEOPLE SHOULD REMEMBER THAT THEY THEMSELVES ARE NOT PERFECT. WHETHER OR NOT PALIN IS ON THE OPRAH SHOW WILL NOT HELP THIS ELECTION. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP PUSHING THEIR VIEWS ON OTHERS AND START MAKING DECISIONS THAT THEY WILL BE HAPPY WITH. GO OPRAH FOR DOING WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN.

mtaylor September 16, 2008, 4:35 PM

I can not believe how racist most of America is. So it is time to put the Black woman in her place, huh. If Oprah put that stupid,unqualified, anti-feminist, did I mention unqualified woman on her show I would never watch Oprah again. Sure I would love to see a woman a VP or president, but not just any woman. I used to respect McCain, but now I see he is so desparate to win he would do anything. Look at his desparate choice of VP. Pathetic!!!! GO Obama WIN! WIN! WIN!

Christy M September 16, 2008, 5:30 PM

Oprah only chooses people for her show that have overcome a great obstacle or has a message that will encourage and uplift everyone .
Sarah Palin hasn’t accomplished anything and under her leadership she has made decisions in her state that have been against women and children.
If she had written 2 books about raising a special needs child and juggling caring for a family while running the state and fighting for women’s rights before accepting the VP nomination then yes she would have probably been on the show. I think it is incredibly sad how racist and sexist our country is when the only reason you will not vote for someone is because of their race and the only reason you would vote for someone is because of their gender. No matter where they stand on the issues. Why ostracize the one person who has empowered women of every race and economic background just because she won’t conform to your idiotic pleas. Now you want to through the race card at her and judge her because she wont hold Sally’s hand while she’s crying but will hold Sharmika’s . Wow that is incredibly disgusting.
Hate to break it to the GOP but Palin not because she was accomplished, because I’m sure there are more accomplished women working for the GOP Party. She was only chosen because she is younger and more attractive than Great Grandpappy McCain and he wanted to lure jilted female Clinton supporters.

Dr Moss your “harmless” comments in the early 1900’s would have incited a lynching. Surely you would not want our country to return to that time in history.

Candace September 16, 2008, 5:31 PM

I am sure Oprah is sitting at home at night thinking WHY DID I GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS? What a bad move on her part! She jumped right into a snake bit. She will now have to deal with the ugliness that comes with politics. It’s hard to feel sorry for her though. She is an intelligent woman and should have thought first. Now she will reap what she sows. Oh Oprah, what a mess you are in now…
Oh, and GO ELLEN!!!! Ellen DeGeneres is not biased about who she has on her show. She loves having everybody on her show whether they agree with her or not. I like that about her. She makes me laugh everytime I watch and she is a good example for other talk show hosts. She’s got a big heart!!! Love ya Ellen!

Emily September 16, 2008, 5:34 PM

I can’t believe this campaign is coming to this.

Why is Sarah Palin in one fell swoop (thanks John McCain) making women STUPID all over the country?
(BTW, she is NOT a Presidential candidate) Does no one else care that everyone is consumed with #2 and not the Big Kahuna position?

Oprah has done so much for so many. Women who boycott her show should be ashamed of themselves. It is after all her show. She can have/not have whomever she wants on her show.

An as EX Repbublican, (thanks Bush)and “tennis mom” Sarah Palin does not represent my views. I am sorry she is on the ticket. She, regretfully, appears to be a vindictive, cut-throat women. And that is NOT intended to be a compliment. Maybe she should have stuck to Alaska, beauty sashes and lipstick.

Carmela September 16, 2008, 6:32 PM

Regardless of what political party your in, you need to give everybody a fair opportunity Oprah Winfrey.