Group Boycotts Oprah for Palin Diss

Sarah Palin won't be on Oprah any time soon, and that has some fans screaming "boycott!"

Sarah Palin and Oprah Winfrey

The Florida Federation of Republican Women has launched a national boycott against Oprah, urging women to turn off her show and cancel their subscription to O magazine. They say it's unfair that Obama, whom Oprah has endorsed and campaigned with, appeared on her couch twice before accepting the nomination, but that Winfrey refuses to book Palin.

But Oprah says, "At the beginning of this campaign, when I decided I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates."

What do you think?

next: Found! A Cure for Back Fat
I wonder September 16, 2008, 6:37 PM

I hope people are not voting on Color Or Famous people. Look at the faces..Biden for instance. Can you see compassion? Barack..cheering on the fall of the stock market..hurting families…wow that is cold

Cheri  September 16, 2008, 8:25 PM

Who would want someone like Sarah Palin on their show. She is Dick Cheney in a skirt.

coy morris September 16, 2008, 8:56 PM

I started boycotting oprah a long time ago. If you really look at her agenda, she comes across as a racist. Maybe as mush as Jesse Jackson.

muctar September 16, 2008, 10:05 PM

Oprah’s legs are as big as truck tires, and I am telling the truth.

muctar September 16, 2008, 10:18 PM

I would love see Oprah muff-dive on Rosie O’Donnell, tickets would see for thousands.

muctar September 16, 2008, 10:30 PM

I would imagine that Oprah’s bowl movements are as big as a DURA-FLAME log.

jC September 16, 2008, 11:11 PM

Its funny that oprah decides to begin using her show for politics for the first time when its the first black presidential canidate. I’m done with her show. She is obviously motivated by race in the election. Go Mccain/Palin!

softballmom September 16, 2008, 11:43 PM

So what that Oprah wont have a candidate on? Is is different just because this is a woman? Talk about your sexism!! This is just a TV talk show, nothing more. Let it go, we have bigger things to concern ourselves with.

Shirley  September 17, 2008, 2:05 AM

You guys are such haters. You all are caught up in silly season. Face it Sarah Palin is not qualified to be vice president of the United States.

You can’t force Oprah to have that moose hunter on her show. Chill out…she will probably have her on the show after the election.

ZA-Girl September 17, 2008, 2:46 AM

Well, how odd to be American these days.. thank heavens I’m not.. hahah.. It’s Oprah. Come on.. who really cares? For the fact is, Ms. Palin would only answer questions that are scripted and Oprah NEVER had a person on her show with a scripted interview. So why would she risk her own credibility with her viewers for the sake of politics?
Good on her, I say.. good on her to stand up against politicians who would do anything to take you USA people for yet another ride.
Don’t politicians realize that good old USA folk ain’t stupid as they think you are? I’d say, instead of attacking a TV show (which by the way is one of the best talk shows currently on international TV) turn your words to the people you are going to vote into leadership of your beautiful country.
Good luck guys.. the rest of the world is watching and hoping the best candidate gets elected.

Suz September 17, 2008, 10:48 AM

“Janet on September 16, 2008 3:07 PM wrote: I’m a Black female McCain/Palin supporter who doesn’t watch Oprah’s show for no particular reason other than it doesn’t interest me……
My sole purpose for not supporting Obama is because he doesn’t represent the issues in which I strongly believe—period. For that I am truly disappointed because I’m extremely proud of him BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.

I refuse to stoop to viscious demeaning attacks on his character or Oprah’s character just because they don’t agree with my views. I’m sure the McCain/Palin camp would appreciate it if their constituents would cease that kind of rhetoric in order to win votes. It doesn’t say much for the character of the people who ARE supporting them. It’s unfortunate that so many people respond to such ugliness.”

I had to copy part of this & re-post it because this intelligent lady’s thoughts beared repeating!! :o)

The only thing I do feel that I need to respond to is some of the posters who say Sarah Palin doesn’t support women or children because of her Christian conservative views. That’s very offensive to those out there (about 50% of the country, I might add, judging from the polls) who share her views on the sanctity of human life and the teaching of Creationism. It’s a deeply personal belief that people have for very different reasons. Just because it doesn’t match up with your more liberal belief or view, don’t insult her or us because of it. I will give you the same respect. Thank you.

proud September 17, 2008, 1:46 PM

In truth here, OPRAH STATED BEFORE THE NOMINATIONS THAT SHE WOULD NOT HAVE EITHER PARTY ON HER SHOW, OBAMA OR MCCAIN! OBAMA WAS ON BEFORE THE NOMINATIONS AND MCCAIN WAS ALSO ASKED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE NOMINATIONS, BUT HE COULD’NT/WOULD’NT APPEAR. SO YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET ALL THE FACTS BEFORE YOU JUMP ON THE HANGING BANDWAGON!!! SOME POEPLE CRACK ME UP, NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS DO OR DON’T DO, YOU WOULD FIND SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT!! PLEASE, READ UP ON YOUR FACTS BEFORE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELVES!!

Sky September 18, 2008, 5:06 PM

Hello All,
I would like to said to “Randy” one of the previous posters. Please take English Comp 1 or 2 when writing a standard sentence. Where is the capitalization? Think before you speak. I support Oprah 100% percent in her actions. We all have rights to choose party political party. If you don’t like it,oh’well thats LIFE.

Les September 18, 2008, 5:21 PM

It’s not as complicated as we’re making it, folks.

Oprah Winfrey has the right to have whomever she wants to have on her show. Very true.

The American people have the right to boycott her show, for any reason. Also very true.

END OF STORY

Anonymous September 19, 2008, 12:11 AM

I am very blessed to be an American living in a place where all people are free to have different opinions without fear of persecution when I think of other countries where this is not possible I feel sorry for those that don’t have the right to complain and it is because of this freedom that we can agree to disagree and that is what I find so sad, we should honor the freedom that people fought and died for all of us to have and just because someone dosn’t do or say what we would like them to do or say dosn’t justify rude behavior and unkind as well as untrue statements all of you that have said unkind and untrue things about Oprah because she won’t have Sarah Palin (or any other of the candidates on her show)I can not believe some of the toxic talk that has been said by some of you, if you say things that you know to be true that is one thing but to say things that are not true but are hurtful is not only uncalled for but can cause division as proven by the comments both for and against Oprah’s decision I watch her show and I subscribe to her magazine I have learned a few things from her but being a racist was not one of them and I honestly believe that if those of you who accused her of this thought about it you would realize that Oprah of all people to accuse of this horrible act is laughable if you look back over the all years that she has been around she has helped not just blacks but people of all races there are somethings that you can do on a part-time basis but I’m almost sure that being a racist isn’t one of them I don’t expect all of you to change the way you feel about her and all I can say to those of you who still wish to feel that way about her if it wasn’t Sarah Palin you would have found something or someone else that you feel she has snubbed for you to to give merit to the evil that you speak and I am sad to say that if that’s true then who is really the racist?

turning a blind eye? September 19, 2008, 2:15 PM

To ALL of you who seem to think that Your Almighty Oprah is justified in her decision to “not have any candidates on her show” because she had Obama on before he announced his run for president, I have to say that I am surprised at your naivete.
Besides the radio show interviews and the campaign events that Oprah & Gayle (let’s face it Gayle is an extension of Oprah and only speaks when instructed to do so) have done to show their obvious support of Obama, he was also on Oprah’s tv show twice; once in January 2005 and again in October 2006… Obama announced that he was running for president in January 2007.

Do you really think that Opray didn’t know Obama’s plans to run for office?

These people are friends! She knew all along… and that was the plan… increase the Obama hype just before he makes the big announcement.

Oprah is refusing to have other candidates on her show because she doesn’t want to take away from the hype of Obama that she hopes she created. She is counting on the hope that people who buy the cosmetics & books she tells them to buy will also vote the way she tells them to vote.

Americans are smarter than that. We will not vote based on who some famous person tells us to. We will not vote on gender or race or some false sense of guilt. We will, however, vote on the issues that are most important to us. For me, that is our ability to have energy independence because becoming an energy independent nation will put $700 billion a year (that’s four time the annual cost of the Iraq war) back into OUR economy.
The road to United States Energy Independence is the road to fixing our economy and lowering the unemployment rate.
THE ONLY TEAM THAT WANTS TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN AND CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN IS McCain/Palin.

Sabrina September 20, 2008, 9:33 PM

Like many who have commented before me, I once admired Oprah. She HAS gotten too big for her pants (which is no small task). She IS a racist and an ultra-feminist in my (not so humble) opinion. I don’t watch her, so I don’t care who she does or does not have on her cult-like program.
What does bother me is that so many so-called celebrities throw their money behind a canidate as if what they think really matters.
How many women do you know have Oprah’s kind of money? How could she possibly understand the real world? And please don’t bother to talk about her “poor, pathetic childhood”. Many of us have had it as bad, if not worse.
Though she doesn’t have canidates on her program now doesn’t mean she isn’t publicly pushing her opinions.
I sincerely hope this jab backfires on her large over rated butt.
I don’t want to hear from ANY Hollywood celebs when it comes to something as serious as a Presidential election. Oprah and others treat politics as if it were “sweeps week”. Please, get over yourselves.

Carol September 23, 2008, 9:54 AM

Eric Shifler

Hussein IS his name whether you like it or not. Funny how he has the name and all of the sudden Hillary Rodham Clinton is o.k but Barrack Hessein Obama is not.

Tikko October 1, 2008, 4:32 PM

Wow, it really amazes me to sit and read these posts. I can’t believe how many stupid naive people there are in this world. Don’t you know these politicians only tell you what they want you to hear just to get elected? Obama is God…we should all vote for him cause he is going to fix it all. Give me a break. It makes me ill that he will probably be elected, but I can only hope. As for Oprah & Pelosi, they are both disgusting. John McCain nearly died for this country, if anyone has earned a place at the top it is him….think about it hard people.

Buddy October 1, 2008, 6:23 PM

It’s a black and white issue. Obama loses in November because of it.