Sarah Palin: Tanorexic

Did Sarah Palin install a tanning bed in the Governor's Mansion?

sarah-palin-tanning-bed.jpg
Guess that Midnight Sun isn't enough to keep Governor Palin looking her bronzed best. Palin, the self-proclaimed "ordinary hockey mom," reportedly likes to get her tan on in her very own personal tanning bed before greeting constituents -- just like tanning god George Hamilton.

Roger Wetherell of Alaska's Department of Transportation and Public Facilities says the bed was put in "shortly after she took office [in early 2007] and moved into the mansion."

Tanning beds usually run anywhere from $2,000 to $3,000 -- making McCain's $520 Ferragamo loafers look like a bargain. Didn't Mrs. Palin proclaim at the GOP convention that she was going to cut the fat in her moose-riddled state of Alaska -- and she fired her personal chef?  So what if her kids aren't eating as well as they used to? At least mom doesn't look pasty out on the campaign trail.

next: Lindsay Trips, Punches Paparazzi ...
Jackie September 15, 2008, 2:26 PM

Wow… my first look at this website and I can tell which side of the party politics these stories are being written from… geez.

Kaylie McCain September 15, 2008, 2:32 PM

And here I thought Sarah’s healthy glow came from fleecing the U.S. taxpayers out of billion$ on her little pet projects!

AK Mom September 15, 2008, 3:32 PM

Really?!?!?! With all that’s at steak in this election you (mom logic?)chose to write about tanning? Where’s the article on Obama’s desire to disarm our military? How about writing a story about his connections to terrorists?

FYI many Alaskans tan to help us get through the nearly NINE months of winter. Between the cold and lack of daylight sometimes people actually NEED to tan.

BDoc310 September 15, 2008, 7:22 PM

Are we sure it’s not a light box? Some people in cold climates need to sit near light boxes to increase energy that the sun gives you. I hear sitting near a light box decreases your chance of getting depression in the colder months. I think every publication has the right to post whatever they want. I’m not sure who I’m voting for, but I haven’t been impressed with Ms. Palin. I think McCain could have picked someone better.

Jesse September 15, 2008, 8:27 PM

lol @ AK Mom

Yeah mom logic! Don’t you know how much “steak” there is in this election?

Does it count as steak if it comes from a moose or is that only from cows? Gosh, this election is full of tough questions.

I’m just gonna go ahead and repeat things I’ve herd (intentional spelling) other people say, without even doing a simple Google search:

* John McCain personally killed Kaiser Wilhelm, putting an end to World War I.

* Sarah Palin is actually a man.

* Republicans are well-informed voters.

CK1 September 15, 2008, 9:41 PM

This story is totally ridiculous and not even worth commenting on…NEXT!

Pregnant Teen for Palin September 15, 2008, 10:19 PM

I like tanning!

Sharon September 15, 2008, 11:34 PM

No one said it was purchased through her office, it was moved into. And the comment moved into the mansion!! She hardly lives in the mansion so why would she even want it there. Plus Sarah does not look like someone who tans. Reread people before you make a comment.

“the bed was put in “shortly after she took office [in early 2007] and moved into the mansion.”

shanna September 16, 2008, 12:37 AM

doesnt surprise me that this superficial candidate is into looking superficially tan. Figures. She is as shallow as her tube of tanning cream.

Billie September 16, 2008, 6:14 AM

Well,Iam quite disappointed.. does it really matter if Sarah Palin has a tanning bed?? Come on people…find something better. Obvious which side you guys are on. You just lost a “fan” of this site. Tanning bed vs. communism????? You choose…

Diane September 16, 2008, 7:25 AM

I have to agree with Jackie and Billie, one slam after another on Sarah Palin, give us a break. I’m still not sure who I’m voting for but…come on!

Courtney September 16, 2008, 8:49 AM

This story is just silly, as Momlogic website you should know that we mothers are worried about much more than if a candidate tans or not. Also, I am confused does Momlogic support the mom or just the liberal mom? If you actually support all moms, you should really love Sarah Palin- she is a working mother who is breaking into the old boys club. Plus, you have just put forth a story about how women can now have their BACK FAT removed, and having your own tanning bed is superficial? Wow, how about the irony there. This website has lost all of my respect, you can not have it both ways only wanting a woman candidate who is liberal and not concerned about their apperance. A woman can be smart, successful, prochoice (as a mother I don’t know how you couldn’t be) and attractive.

Rose September 16, 2008, 9:01 AM

Sarah Palin did not really fire her cook, she reassigned her. She still makes sure Sarah’s children are getting fed as Mommy probably doesn’t have the time to do the cooking. Politics and wealth usually knows the in’s and out’s of the system, whatever side you are on.

Again, vote for the best candidates through finding out the real truth!

Shelly September 16, 2008, 9:30 AM

Are you serious?? I am sooo sick of the poor choices we are making!…Hmm lets see running mate, news stories, web site stories. C’mon, my cousin is in Afghanistan fighting, people are being evacuated out of their homes, there was a terrible train wreck..Send me some information on tax breaks, coupons, bargains for mothers, kid friendly hotels, vacation discounts, etc. Do you really think I care about a tanning bed, back fat or any of the rhetoric from this dumb choice in a running mate? Has anyone realized, this candidate has had Cancer 4 times? If he has had cancer 4 times, then he is receiving great care, what about the others out there uninsured with no medicine let alone treatment? Has is occurred to anyone that if the Republicans wins and he kicks the bucket, SHE becomes PRESIDENT? WOW, now that’s a scary thought! First and last visit on this site! GEESH!

Pam September 16, 2008, 9:58 AM

Listen anyone can die anytime, no one ever knows. You can’t pick a President on that, look at Kennedy, he was young and we lost him. How do you know? You don’t. McCain/Palin has my vote. And, by the way, I could care less about the tanning bed.

Kelly September 16, 2008, 10:23 AM

Have you seen Sarah Palin’s husband!?! MMMMMMM!!! I’d want a tanning bed, too if I were her, to look good for my man! HaHa!!! Just kidding people! Who cares if she has a tanning bed or not? This is just a stupid story and I am enjoying mocking it! What does Michelle Obama do to look good for her man? HaHa!!! Sorry, just having fun! Ok, momlogic, that was unbelievably stupid, got any good stories about Joe biden? How well does he do taking care of his family and being in office? I’m sick of listening to Sexist people putting down Sarah Palin. Let’s talk about how Joe Biden does it? Does he have a tanning bed? Go to the gym? Yeah, stupid, isn’t it? Who writes this momlogic crap, anyway? Where is Barack Obama on here? I’m sure there are plenty of people who would love to comment about him and his closet muslim faith. Or how stupid he is…He thinks there are 57 states in the United States. Somebody needs to tell that poor guy the truth, there are 50 states. That way he won’t look like such a knucklehead! Anybody agree?

anon September 16, 2008, 10:53 AM

she lives in alaska…sheesh…why are you trying to find things to make her look bad. and what does having a tanning bed have to do with anything?

alaskalill September 16, 2008, 11:06 AM

wake up america…to even consider putting in office obama is STUPID….he doesn’t have the experience to run a country…he cant even think for himself…everything out of his mouth comes from somone elses brain…putting him in office would be like putting a 16 year old behind the wheel of a 747 full of your loved ones…you going to let him fly the plain and hope that he can land it…he is NOT for the american people, never was and never will be…the muslims are backing him…let him go over there and run his peoples country if they think he can do so good..THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE…NOT AFRICA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY…AMERICA…HE WAS BRED, BORN, AND RAISED MUSLIM…YOUD DONT CHANGE YOUR RELEGION AND BELIEFS OVER NIGHT AND SUDDENLY BECOME CATHOLIC BECAUSE YOU WANT TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT KNOWING YOU WILL NOT BE VOTED IN AS A MUSLIM…IS HE ASHAMED OF HIS BELIEFS SO MUCH AS TO PRETEND TO CHANGE AS he HAS DONE…COME ON PEOPLE…WAKE UP AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES ON WHAT THIS PERSON IS REALLY ABOUT…

Kelli September 16, 2008, 11:36 AM

I think its funny that people are so scared of Sarah Palin that they will look for any stupid thing they can,to put her down. Every stupid article like this one only makes people love her more! I very much agree with alaskalill. Obama is NOT good for this country. The man cannot even salute our FLAG! He refused to wear the FLAG pin for quite some time. He has no idea what being Patriotic is about. I don’t agree with everything McCain is for, but ANYONE is better than OBAMA! I think John McCain and Sarah Palin have our coutry’s best interests at heart.

Rose September 16, 2008, 11:48 AM

Ignorant, ignorant and more ignorant!!