Shanna: 'Our Lives Will Be Changed Forever'

Shanna Moakler just issued a statement to momlogic about the plane crash that injured ex-husband and former blink-182 drummer Travis Barker

Shanna Moakler

"There are not enough words to express how thankful we are for the outpouring of love and support we have received during this very difficult time. We can only ask for prayers as we heal and mourn the loss of our dear friends who were considered part of our family. Our lives will be changed forever."

Shanna's former husband, musician Travis Barker, was critically injured in a horrific plane crash Friday night. Barker and friend Adam Goldstein, known as DJ AM, escaped with severe burns. Four others, including the plane's pilots, Barker's personal assistant and a bodyguard, were killed. Shanna and Travis have two children -- four-year-old Landon Asher and two-year-old Alabama Luella.

next: Win Nicole's Fab Baby Sling!
cara September 22, 2008, 11:49 PM

I don’t know why I get brought to tears just at the thought of what this family must be feeling, but I am. It just seems that every picture I have ever seen of Shanna and Travis, their eyes, they stand out…they just always seem to exude happiness and pure love and a comfort that I find rare.

I glad that he’ll make a full recovery and am so glad that Shanna took the time to share.

“throuhout the darkness, you must come out to light.”

vickie September 23, 2008, 11:26 AM

Shanna our thoughts and prayers to the ones that lost there lives. Our prayers and love to Travis and DJ am on a speedy recovery so they can get back to there talent of success. All we can do is pray and hope all is heard.

AK Mom September 23, 2008, 2:13 PM

My boys are fans of Blink 182 and when we saw the news coverage of this terrible accident I could see the true concern on both of their faces. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved in this tragedy.

Gail September 23, 2008, 2:13 PM

I wish the best to The Barker and Goldstein families, and to the families who had lost a loved one the night of the crash. I hope this incident will bring the families closer than ever, and realize here oneday and can be gone tomorrow. When I first heard about the accident, my eyes teared up pretty good, when I heard that Travis and Adam survived-I knew these two could pull through…Come on a drummer and a DJ, their like energizer bunnies they keep going and going. God Bless you all, and let the healing begin!

Melody September 23, 2008, 10:44 PM

My daughter,Tara, and I use to watch the Barker’s and felt a part of their family. We pray for everyone envolved. God, take the pain. Peace,M.Bruton

Sharon September 26, 2008, 3:31 PM

To all the families, of this horrific plane crash,
We, like everyone who heard, the news, prayed, for those who lost their lives and their families. When we learned, Travis Barker was one of the survivors, we felt, so sorry, for him and his family, as well as, DJ AM and his family.
Being fans, of the BARKERS TV SHOW, we always, enjoyed the show and loved his music.
We wish Travis and DJ AM, a full, speedy recovery.
You are ALL, in our hearts and prayers.
Our Deepest Sympathy, to the families, that lost their loved ones.
GOD BLESS, ALL OF YOU.
a fan…

Ana September 29, 2008, 2:17 AM

All ARE PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL INVOLED! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AN THE FAMILES! TRAVIS AN DJ AM MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU MAY GOD PUT HIS HANDS ON YOU FOR A FAST RECOVERY AND PAINLESS! WE PRAY FOR YOUR BABYS MAMA AND OF COURS YOUR CHILDREN! MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO ALL HTE FAMILES INVOLVED! TO CHRIS AND FAMILY MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU ALL SORRY FOR THE LOST OF TWO CHILDREN MAY GOD KEEP YOU STRONG THREW ALL THIS FOR THE PIOLTS AND BODYGAURD MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILES KEEP YOUR FAITH IN GOD! TO THE BARKERS AND DJ AM WE ALL LOVE YOU ALL KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL IN THIS TIME OF LIFE AND ALWAYS!