Dolls in Thongs

The semi-naked truth about the number one tween website in the U.K.

stardoll-uk.jpg
There's some racy goings on with our cousins across the pond. According to Nielson, Stardolls -- the paperdoll site that virtually allows kids to dress up celebrity dolls online -- is the most popular site in the U.K., even beating out the old stand-by Club Penguin.

Common Sense Media, a children's media watch dog group, warns the site contains "some iffy content." By iffy, they mean dolls sporting thongs and super-skimpy underwear. In one section of the site called the "Doll House," men and a women lounge around on a bed in nothing but their underwear. Can you say creepy?

Would you let your tween play Stardoll?

next: Davy Jones -- Is That YOU?!?
Me! September 15, 2008, 8:02 PM

I’d have to say no. After hearing about the lounge no I wouldn’t otherwise I think the thong part isn’t necessary but not too bad - Barbie’s are naked.

Katie September 16, 2008, 10:48 PM

Gee thanks momlogic… I posted a comment last night, and it never got published. Free speach eh? I won’t be posting comments anymore, thanks to you.

And for the record, there’s NOTHING on that site except links to more sponsored links.

C mom September 17, 2008, 5:21 AM

All I have to say is — parents should watch what their children do on the computer just like they do on TV. The computer has more questionable content on it than out TVs do so perhaps we should supervise it more closely. My girls have both been on that web site and there have been a few activities I told them not to do. I use it as a chance to educate them on inappropriate behaivor.

Kelly October 2, 2008, 10:29 AM

Consider this fact: In 2003 1.6 million dollars were sold in thong sales to little girls alone! That is outrageous. I work for an organization that is speaking out against this and we are getting a petition signed and sent to fashion industry leaders to make them aware that sexaulization of these little girls are unacceptable! Take a minute a sign the petition…you can find it at secretkeepergirl.com.

Anonymous December 6, 2008, 4:34 PM

I think that a girl should grow up to be proud of her looks, and to take care of herself, and try to look as good as possible. If she looks horrible, she will never get a good husband.

My daughter (4 years old) got her first thong for her birthday, and she loves it- literally parades around the house with it, and she shows it off at school.

With today’s technology, no girl should be forced to live as fat or ugly.

brady dougan December 6, 2008, 4:34 PM

With today’s technology, no girl should be forced to live as fat or ugly.

tory Burch Sandals March 1, 2011, 5:51 PM

One of the most popular choices of Tory Burch shoes! When you see the newest stylish trends of red sequin shoes, it really is easy to see why! The choice is very diverse in nature, which of course means that you will easily discover a set for any occasion you have in mind.