Tattoo Your Tan

Forget tanning beds, Mystic tans, airbrush tans or self tanners. The latest craze? Tattoo tans.

sun tattoo.jpg

Summer is over and before we know it, we're gonna be nice and pasty.  Well, how about a sun tattoo? Wrap your bod in a big cut-out stencil (let your kids cut one out!) and, if you're lucky enough to be in an area where the sun is still shining, toss the bathing suit and just put your stencil suit on to catch some rays.

If the weather has turned in your neck of the woods, head to your local tanning salon in your stencil suit and have 'em spray ya!

We're kidding of course ... it's kind of cool--but honestly, we're clueless as to where and how to wear it. Halloween?

next: I Don't Care About Being Skinny
cara September 13, 2008, 12:12 PM

Wow! That looks just like my arms. (my upper arms and top of my back look like that naturally, well the doc said I could take a pill to make it MAYBE go away, but I’m anti-drug so I live with it, it bother’s me none, just others ) Guess I’m hip now.

tatted-mom September 13, 2008, 11:41 PM

that looks cool to me…I’s do it if I was thinner. Just think if you ever wanted a tattoo without the pain now’s your chance! Plus it’s not permanent so you can change your mind and just let it fade away. If this takes the place of facial piercings, giant holes in earlobes, elf ears, split tounges and permanent tattoos as a teen trend then I’m all for it!!! I like tattoos in fact I have one myself, but, I don’t think teens should get them. This, to me, seems like a nice alternative.

Boshena57 September 14, 2008, 2:25 AM

I love it. Personally I would not do a whole body, but a nice tatoo on the back or on the arm. One of those tribal designs would be great, because they are solid. I would wear it no problem, and I’m 50.

tstern1 September 14, 2008, 7:38 AM

Give me a break. This looks stupid. And what is it’s purpose? Really folks, you pay to be in “style” and then it’s gone. If I’m going to tan, I’m doing it so it can be seen all over. I do have a tattoo but I did it for personal reasons, not to be cool or because it was “stylish”. This is just another way for someone to get rich off our stupidity.
Sorry - but this looks ridiculuous.

jackie September 14, 2008, 1:56 PM

LOL “stencil suit” that is too funny. Yes this looks ridiculous. although i did like the henna tatoo, but not all over your body obviously.

Hallie September 15, 2008, 12:20 AM

Ok, I admit that I haven’t seen the all over pattern thing before, but the basic idea is hardly new. We used to do small sun tan tattoos all the time when I was a kid. I’m pretty sure the kids on our favorite tv shows did it too, so it wasn’t just us. You can also do it in reverse- draw patterns on yourself with thick lines of sunblock.

shawty_heder September 29, 2008, 7:44 PM

like that perticuler
tattoo but a tan on
tattoo is sick!!!!!
{{{{in a good way}}}}

Jon April 13, 2009, 8:25 AM

Hi, its fake?
As you can see looking at the shirt then the back the effects are very noticable different.

Anne Prine October 23, 2010, 4:17 AM

nope not without parential consent