Why I Hate Jon & Kate

Guest blogger HateKate: They pimp out their own kids for profit ... so how can anyone think they are good parents?
john and kate with devil horns

I know "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is hugely popular, but I think it is evil -- plain and simple. I got sucked into the recent marathon and then started following Aunt Jodi's (a regular on the show) sister's blog. She says the whole show is basically a scam -- and she's not the only one who thinks so. The kids, who may have been filmed in their 'natural habitat' when the show started, have simply become mini-performers, who never get a chance to live their own private childhood. Here's the thing: if they are encouraged to act out for the cameras, that's just messed up. They're kids! And if that is their actual life in all it's chaotic, borderline-abusive glory, someone needs to call Child Protective Services.

What do you think?

next: The Smelly Secret to Sleeping Better
Jill September 22, 2008, 3:10 PM

Oh Shut Up! The kids are being fed, dressed, a roof over their head… and someone needs to “hate” them because they found a creative way to make money for the eight college educations they will have to pay for? Please- everyone who has an issue with her needs to walk in her shoes, and see what they would do. The kids will be fine and look back at the episodes of their lives as a living diary. (I wish I had hours and hours of footage of my daughter.)

Instead of “hating” on Jon and Kate, maybe we should focus on moms/dads that neglect their children. Its their life and their children. They are just fine in my book.

Renee September 22, 2008, 3:16 PM

Those poor children look so miserable on camera! (please note the intense sarcasm and eye roll) They are playful, happy, and seemingly well taken care of! And the family gets incredible perks for being part of the show. Jealousy much?

Kristin September 22, 2008, 3:23 PM

I loved the show when it first started I loved how cute the kids were and the whole idea of 8 kids is facinating. I understand the need to pay for a college education but honestly we don’t know what really goes on. Foe all we know she sits on the computer all day while other people take care of her kids. Or she could be this perfect mom who has a hecktic life with all those kids who never let the money get to her. Please! The woman said it herself she never had parents nor money. How would it make you act? Lets not just say everyone else is wrong here because clearly there are more then we all see. Do check out the sisters site? She could be jealous or she could be telling the truth. Honetsly she is jealous who wouldn’t be, but after what kate did to them. They have every right to tell the truth.

candes September 22, 2008, 3:33 PM

Ok, I don’t watch the show because it stresses me out. I agree they found a way to make money.

She’s a whiz at organizing and a lot can be learned. Her attitude sometimes sucks. Can ya show the boys some love?

Any way, don’t watch it if you don’t like it. I’m sure this won’t go on forever.

Eunice September 22, 2008, 3:59 PM

I’m one of those who doesn’t watch it because if I want to listen to screaming children, I’ll go next door! LOL I’m glad my kids are out of that stage.

share the wealth? September 22, 2008, 4:06 PM

seems like someone has an axe to grind… I checked out this blog and she rattles on & on & on… For what? To protect the kids? Really? When family members have a question about a decision made parents regarding kids…. they should as why that decision was made. If she thinks the kids need more time away from the cameras… she could (Oh I don’t know) volunteer to take them to a park or her home or anywhere away from the cameras. But NO instead she chooses to write about it on the internet?!?! If she was truly concerned about the kids safety the could choose to call Child Protective Services… but once again… NO she just chose to BLOG about it.
It seems to me that J&K found a way to be able to afford to raise their kids without having to struggle too much and this woman wants a piece of the pie and since she’s not getting that she has to try to tear them down. She is trying to show the world that J&K are not perfect so we must all hate them like she does.
What she doesn’t get is that the BUEATY of the show is that J&K are NOT perfect… just like the rest of us and that is why most parents like the show. My kids are teens and even I enjoy the joy.
Unfortunately, that’s the way it is with success…. Just when you find success people around you expect you to share the wealth … and if you don’t they begin to hate you…
So SAD!

jodi September 22, 2008, 4:37 PM

If she was my wife and I had all those kids I would spend a lot more time at the office or a bar. The kids need time to grow up away from the media, just think about all the child stars that have gone bad. Nobody is prefect not even Kate but she should get off Jon’s back.

nicole September 22, 2008, 5:18 PM

Why is this even up for discussion? If you don’t like it, don’t watch it - period! Those children are far from abused and have always appeared very happy and healthy. As far as the “media” goes - they aren’t stalked by paparazzi, they have a camera in their home once in awhile. It’s not an every day thing folks, those cameras are not in their homes 24/7. Get over it! Jon and Kate are great parents, like the rest of us they have their “ways” and priorities and no one is in the place to call them right or wrong. What would people say if they saw how you parented? We all have our strengths and weaknesses, lay off!

a. September 22, 2008, 5:20 PM

I’ve never really been a fan of Kate. I liked the show because the kids are cute and Jon is just so normal, but Kate… ugh! She drives me crazy. I’ve often wondered why Jon puts up with her.

I have read Jodi’s blog, and it’s really unfortunate :( I’ll still catch the show if I’m bored and channel-surfing and I find it’s on… but all I can think is, those poor kids :\ And to all the people who have been hurt for standing up and saying what they think is right…

GH September 22, 2008, 8:28 PM

I think these parents are SO selfish. If they are so faithful to God, they would have accepted the fact that they could not have children and not tried to screw with nature. They had twins using fertility drugs- shouldn’t two be enough? Being greedy about kids put their SIX KIDS at risk- physically (because they were born so early), emotionally (because there are so many of them) and financially (because, again, of the family’s size.) Shame on them for their self-centered narcissism. If they wanted that many kids, why didn’t they adopt? There are plenty of children around the world who need loving homes. I am appalled that the country glorifies these people.

Katie September 22, 2008, 10:42 PM

Oh come on people… it’s not like they are broadcast 24/7 (ala The Truman Show).. they have a weekly episode, usually documenting a “special day” or special event that is happening. It rarely is the day to day life of these kids… how is that any different from parents lugging the video camera around for a trip to the zoo?

And to the faithful God comment… it’s not like they PLANNED to have 6 kids.. they got 2 from the first fertility treatment… how could they assume that the 2nd would give them 6? They were blessed with 6 babies… and they are all healthy! I’m sure they thank God every day! But I hardly think they WANTED 8 children! Give it a rest.

cara September 22, 2008, 11:38 PM

I feel that this Kate bashing is just another woman knocking woman scenario all over again. You know, the woman handles it well for having 8 kids and being a germaphobe and neatfreak. I am both and am constantly driven crazy, and I have only three!!! I know they put themselves out there for our judgement by being on the tv, but I think everyone should just examine themselves.

Katehatertoo September 23, 2008, 5:36 AM

Wow, you people really don’t know much about the family - it is a sham, she does have a chef but she pretends to do it all. She has other caretakers but never mentions them. She berates her husband and screams at the kids - and this is entertainment to you all?

You all need to get out from in front of the tv and let these poor kids grow up normally. There’s nothing special about these kids - there are daycare workers all over the US doing the same thing. Heck, all over the world mother’s are taking care of families this big and WITHOUT resorting to prostituting their kids.

Neither of them work anymore, they live off TV and speaking engagements. Um, what exactly qualifies them as experts on anything?

Free tummy tucks, people who clean her house, chef who cooks her family’s meal - all for a woman who can’t take the time to thank them publicly or pay them to be on the show.

Seriously people, you need to find new hobbies. How about shows about 400pd people and conjoined twins - oh yea, you’re the audience that’s already watching this crap.

Good grief!

lynne September 23, 2008, 7:02 AM

I love this show.. The cameras are NOT there all the time.. they have private times.. the kids are adorable.. and typical … i would love to have had a chance to have a houseful..

Becca September 23, 2008, 7:04 AM

While I wouldn’t call it abuse I also don’t agree with the show! I find the way Kate treats her kids appalling! Her actually in one of the shows telling the kids ,”She needed ear plugs with that performance!” She always uses having multiples for their being out of line and down right rude sometimes! That is a poor excuse because as a bus driver of over 90 kids I was expected to keep them all in line and behaving well. Not to mention I don’t know any teachers that can use the excuse the class was out of line because I had 30 children in it!
It also does appear that the kids have been programed to behave a certain way for the camera’s! Which is disgusting in the fact that the kids are being paraded around like a show or a circus! Sure it is there choice but it doesn’t mean I have to watch it or like it!I especially hate it when they continually do Jon and Kate marathon’s! Don’t they have any other programing. It’s been Jon and Kate marathons all week long and that’s a bit much!
It’s ad when I have 300 hundred channels and am forced to watch the Jon and Kate show’s because the networks can’t put anything better on! Anyway if you like the show more power to you! As for me and my family we hate it! In fact can’t stand it and I rather have open heart surgery then be forced to watch Jon and Kate plus 8! Maybe she just needs to take a class in child care or maybe a class in manors! Its so rude how she is to her husband! If I were him I’d want to leave! Then he can’t can he! He’d have to pay over 1600 hundred just in child support a month! Poor guy! Long story short, Jon and Kate plus 8 learn some manners or please get of the air!Maybe tell your kids you love them once in a while would be nice too! Boo to Jon and Kate plus 8!

sincerely,

Bec

FedUp September 23, 2008, 7:17 AM

Like this story? Buzz up!
Why I Hate Jon & Kate
Monday, September 22, 2008
filed under: tv & movies & books & music
Guest blogger HateKate: They pimp out their own kids for profit … so how can anyone think they are good parents?
SixGosselins.com

I know “Jon & Kate Plus 8” is hugely popular, but I think it is evil — plain and simple. I got sucked into the recent marathon and then started following Aunt Jodi’s (a regular on the show) sister’s blog. She says the whole show is basically a scam — and she’s not the only one who thinks so. The kids, who may have been filmed in their ‘natural habitat’ when the show started, have simply become mini-performers, who never get a chance to live their own private childhood. Here’s the thing: if they are encouraged to act out for the cameras, that’s just messed up. They’re kids! And if that is their actual life in all it’s chaotic, borderline-abusive glory, someone needs to call Child Protective Services.

What do you think?

See Also:
Reality TV Mom: Abusive?

previous: Men Who Manscape next: Kids Can Be Awful People

filed under: tv & movies & books & music
Comments (15)

share this: | Permalink | Email

Let’s face it people get paid to blog! I love the show and the family. I asume you have cable? TURN THE CHANNEL IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT!

It’s people like you that get under my skin!

Anonymous September 23, 2008, 7:22 AM

It’s people like you that get under my skin!

Donna September 23, 2008, 7:41 AM

Personally I think all of you people who HATE anyone have a real problem. You need GOD in your lives!! GOD did not put us on this earth to HATE other people. And if they are making all of this money in letting the cameras invade their lives so that the public can see how they live then so be it. That is their choice and as for the blog that this so called “Aunt Jodi” wrote… how the heck do you know that she really wrote this blog anyway. People are so mean these days that someone may have written that just to run Jon and Kate’s name in the mud! (Have you ever thought about that end of it???) I’m sure it is very stressful to have cameras in your house with that many people living in it. What about all of the other reality shows that you watch??? Do you HATE those too? What about Little People Big World? What about the way those kids talk to their parents? They are very disrespectful to their dad. And What about him drinkng and driving? I don’t see anything about that on here.
AND SOME OF YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING!!!

Tammy September 23, 2008, 7:52 AM

Wow I am shocked to see that people feel so strongly about this show. My family loves it.I can relate with Kate and I can only imagine what any of us would look like on tv if someone had a camera in our home.

Bonnie September 23, 2008, 7:52 AM

Everyone is an expert. How do you all know that they have chefs and child care providers? And why do you care? I would love to have a chef. My children are grown and I only have 2 but how they were raised was and is my business as is how you all raised your children. If you don’t like the show, DON’T WATCH! Oh and don’t sit here and say things about people that you THINK you know is fact. Unless you know these people personally and spend time in their home you REALLY DO NOT know the truth and what is real so GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!