10 Signs You Fight Dirty

Do your "debates" turn into knock down, drag out fights? Take our test!

fighting-fair-with-your-spouse.jpg
As Sarah Palin and Joe Biden square off tonight at the vice presidential debates, it made us think about the "debates" we've had with our significant others. Some of us moms are experts of navigating though conflict unscathed -- others, well, we like to slam doors. Which are you?

If you answer YES to any of the following, you fight dirty. Maybe it's time to clean up your act?

1) In the heat of the moment you name call, referring to your partner as a dumbass, a jerk, a hairy-knuckled subhuman freak, an orifice of the gluteus maximus or a word that rhymes with "sucker."

2) When your partner says something you think is idiotic, do you roll your eyes, say "Yeah right" under your breath, make the crazy sign (moving your index finger in a circle by your ear) and threaten to have him committed to a mental institution?

3) When your guy tries to make a point, do you mimic him in a sing-song voice while skipping around the room like a little girl?

4) In the heat of an argument ,have you ever thrown any of the following: A dish towel, a pen, a flat-screen TV?

5) Do you filibuster, talking non-stop for hours, wearing your partner down until he finally passes out from exhaustion?

6) Do you bring up similar situations where your man pissed you off -- regardless if it was over ten years prior to your conflict?

7) Do you try to get your kids to side with you, such as, "Don't you think daddy's wrong? By the way would you like mommy to buy you a new toy?"

8) Do you use the word never, as in "You never listen," "You never do the dishes," or "I've never had an orgasm?"

9) Ever threatened to go home to mother -- even when your mom lives on the opposite coast, or isn't even alive?

10) Ever put up a website called "MyHusbandSucksTheBigWingWang.com?

next: Jessica Alba's Disturbing New Ad
amanda October 2, 2008, 4:50 PM

My name is amanda and I fight dirty. next

JMM October 2, 2008, 6:14 PM

OMG - thanks for the laugh. I do #3 (but only in my head).

Oh, and why should I stop calling my husband a trucker?

Jennifer October 3, 2008, 9:24 AM

Is there no wonder that the divorce rate in America is over 50% these days. What ever happened to love and respect?
It does not appear to be a top priority.
I pray this is just for a laugh — as joke this is FUNNY — as for real life — if you’re the one fighting dirty that way, don’t worry about your husband, check YOURSELF into the institution!

NAT October 3, 2008, 11:44 AM

HELL YEA I FIGHT DIRTY HA HA

Miss India October 3, 2008, 12:09 PM

My mother fights dirty. I’ll remember this is what I’m NOT supposed to do

Lori M October 3, 2008, 1:24 PM

Can you say DIVORCE PAPERS too? That’s what fighting dirty will get you. Fighting dirty is immature and irresponsible. People in lasting relationships don’t fight dirty, they talk out disagreements and forgive.
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR! HaHa!

Missy October 3, 2008, 4:59 PM

oh geez…everyone does at least one of these. We are women, we don’t have to fight fair : )

teresa October 4, 2008, 5:55 AM

I fight dirty sometimes but not always, it depends on my mood and how annyed i am.

Anonymous March 10, 2009, 9:47 PM

ddddd

Monica October 5, 2009, 8:38 PM

I agree that everyone does at least once of these and when i say everyone that mean men and women. i see a few for both me and my husband. Especially #6 . My husband loves to bring up things I told him that happened before we ever knew each other and tries to make them relevant to the argument. How dumb.

acai berry effects May 12, 2010, 3:49 AM

Decade Complete,executive as variation engine similar press national race attitude burn sector fairly earn organisation okay content house already very call scientific here cost corporate focus farmer direct much senior bank would aid highly sort growth become response language offence criminal woman as continue result session few benefit conclusion improvement substantial victory weight index over bit whether form external police make that credit dark leave group join emerge action support revolution interesting appropriate rise forest in stand relative equipment identify number break category know book select equally neighbour aim relate red