Cops: Casey Anthony is a Thief

Cops have released new surveillance video they say show Casey Anthony assuming her former best friend's identity - and now Anthony may be charged with murder "very soon."

According to investigators, the mother of missing three-year Caylee Anthony used stolen checks from her former best friend Amy Huizenga, and then spent the money in stores such as Target. Copies of the checks Anthony allegedly wrote were also released Wednesday, including one check on which Anthony apparently signed her own name.

Anthony allegedly stole Huizenga's checkbook while she was out of the country on vacation and then went to at least four stores, spending more than $1,300 of Huizenga's money. She also made grocery and clothing purchases in mid-July -- after Caylee had been missing for more than a month.

Surveillance cameras captured her at Florida Bank of America teller window, writing a check to herself for $250 and forging Huizenga's signature on the bottom of a check.

Casey has been named a suspect in her daughter's disappearance. Caylee reportedly went missing in mid June, but her mother did not call police until mid July. Authorities believe little Caylee is no longer alive.

•Now reports say Anthony may be charged with murder "very soon" and her attorney says she's prepared for the worst. Although no formal charges have been filed, the state attorney's office and Orange County Sheriffs are working together on the murder case against Anthony.

Next week, a grand jury is expected to convene in Florida and evidence against Anthony may be presented.

next: Zac Attacked!
Ginger October 9, 2008, 12:14 PM

Every time I read something new about this case, I’m blown away by the sheer gall of this woman. I hope everyone else she has ripped off presses charges against her. I don’t know how her family can be in such denial collectively. The evidence thus far proves she’s an embezzler at the very least and at the most capable of having killed and disposed of Caylee. I can’t imagine a jury finding her guilty of anything less than Murder One eventually.

Stacy October 9, 2008, 12:28 PM

If she’s truly innocent then she’d take a lie detector test and why isn’t anyone pushing for it.. like her attorney … I say inject her with truth serum and let’s be done with it.

Linda October 9, 2008, 6:22 PM

I have been following this story from day one, and am constantly shocked thet this woman is still walking the streets and not in prison. From the get go its been obvious that little Caylee had met with fowl play. Not only was her mom out partying with someone elses money,she was photographed at clubs having a great time while her little daughter was missing.What kind of mom that is searching for her missing child would be out running around and drinking in bars??? The hair,dirt,fowl odors in the trunk. Caseys mom reporting her car stolen by her daughter. This woman isnt playing with a full deck of cards!!! If and when they find this poor childs body,I hope they put Casy Anthony away and throw away the key. She didnt desrve that little angel!!!!

Jill from Western Australia October 10, 2008, 3:18 AM

I totally agree…lets hope the GJ chooses to indict!!!

As for Baez wanting Casey to be allowed to search {possibly in other countries} I truly think he is delusional!!!!…Casey is spending sooo much time with him…doing what????
Since 2006 Casey has not had a “legal” job…stole from her parents & everyone she came in contact with…I have suspected that she earnt money as a prostitute as well.

It is obvious that she didn’t want the responsibility of looking after Caylee {Cindy/George & Lee knew this…but they too were sooo wrapped up in their own lives that they were not willing to look after this little girl…SHAME ON THEM {I believe there is a book or movie deal in the offing - DISGUSTING!!!}
IMO Casey would make the perfect WIFE #5 for Drew Peterson..lock “em up in a Jail Cell for the rest of their lives where they could spend their days “swapping” LIES!!!! {with Drewpy’s track record he would CHEAT on her like he did with all his other wives and girlfriends!!!}

Sri…I am just soooo MAD that these two murderers are not behind bars!!!

sam October 10, 2008, 12:27 PM

I think it’s real simply. She had a duty at that little girls protector, she was the last one with her. So….IMO, we should velco her to a wall, shoot paint balls at her knees until she spills….

chattycat20 October 10, 2008, 7:40 PM

as anyone thought that maybe the reason that her brother want take da test or lie dector test is maybe he is the father of caylee. chattycat

CARMEN October 10, 2008, 10:43 PM

oh my god if you have a daugther missing you dont go shooping you go craysy i lost my daugter for a few yaears because her dad took her form me i was a live but at the same time i was dead it took me 12 years to get het her back i cryed blood tears for her please investiguete children don have a said so police toll me that’s the father they didnn’o help me please help the little girl that doesnot have a voice

Tom Gilbreath  April 2, 2009, 8:28 PM

If George was any kind of a man he would be wearing the pants in the family not Cindy. That is where Casey gets her lying from. Cindy is much to be-lame for Caylee death. Casey should have been jailed for all the stealing she did from family and friends. How is her lawyers going to defend that? On Tape Casey writing bad checks stolen from Amy’s check book. She she go to prison for that, lying to police and not reporting Caylee missing. Put Casey in prison and let her know what it is like to EARN MONEY. All this thing, oh sorry, person has done is lie, steal and cheat her way through life. What a slime ball. All you dummies sending Casey money are FOOLS.
Casey said she lost everything and it has been taken away. What about what she took from people, but that don’t matter to Casey. All she wants is what she she wants. Casey’s lead lawyer Jose is a moron. Jose is living prof that lawyers work for the DEVIL. Casey is evil and not a victim. He who believes Casey is a victim is just like her. Be they male or female.
Tom G

Mick July 1, 2009, 11:34 PM

Hi. Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
I am from Darussalam and bad know English, tell me right I wrote the following sentence: “With warm weather around the corner, flea season is creeping up on us.”

Thank you so much for your future answers :). Mick.

Aditi September 4, 2009, 8:00 PM

Good afternoon. Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
I am from Zimbabwe and too bad know English, give please true I wrote the following sentence: “Chase continental mastercard, schumacher added on to reduce the grand prix, with ex-ferrari zoning jean alesi extending normally-aspirated and giancarlo fisichella arriving in right.”

Thank 8-) Aditi.