Getting Fat? It's Your Guy's Fault

A new study links our love lives to our weight. Here's the skinny.

woman on scale

You know how sometimes you feel great about your bod and other times you feel bloated and blah? We all know our weight can fluctuate, but did you realize just how much your guy had to do with it?

70% of women say their relationships are the reason for their weight losses and gains, according to the results of new British study.

How? Scientists say when things are going great with your partner, you're more likely to indulge in foods that are bad for you (i.e.: sharing a gooey dessert). You experience a confidence boost when you're happy, thus distracting you from your waistline and sending your good eating habits down the drain.

Conversely, when you're fighting with our guy, you're more likely to turn to food for stress management and comfort.

In other words, men can't win.

The good news? If you are gaining weight, you don't need to spend hours on the treadmill: A new report from the Department of Human and Health Services says people only need two hours of exercise a week (broken up however they choose) to maintain their weight - and yes, pushing a baby stroller counts!

next: New Crib Doubles as a Nanny
Jack Jergens October 19, 2010, 4:38 PM

Interesting post reminds me of another gem. - I don’t care if it doesn’t make a nickel. I just want every man, woman, and child in America to see it. - Samuel Goldwyn 1882 - 1974

Jose Joe October 19, 2010, 5:17 PM

Strange this post is totaly irrelevant to the search query I entered in google but it was listed on the first page. - The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Jeremy Jarrett October 19, 2010, 7:14 PM

Strange this post is totaly irrelevant to the search query I entered in google but it was listed on the first page. - When in doubt, tell the truth. - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Jesse Jonke October 19, 2010, 9:06 PM

Interesting post reminds me of another gem. - God heals and the doctor takes the fee. - Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790

Jesse Junes October 19, 2010, 10:56 PM

It only goes to show where there’s will there’s a way. Keep on trying. - What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jeremy Jandres October 19, 2010, 11:32 PM

Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post. - If my films make one more person miserable, I’ll feel I have done my job. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jason Jette October 20, 2010, 3:12 AM

It only goes to show where there’s will there’s a way. Keep on trying. - Buy land. They’ve stopped making it. - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

daewoo auto  November 2, 2010, 4:20 PM

I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your commentaries.

sprite edits November 5, 2010, 8:01 AM

I find myself coming to your blog more and more often to the point where my visits are almost daily now!

fast fat burning recipe November 9, 2010, 3:32 AM

Thanks For This Post, was added to my bookmarks.

commercial carpet sweeper November 9, 2010, 2:53 PM

You certainly have some agreeable opinions and views. Your blog provides a fresh look at the subject.

used cars new glasgow November 10, 2010, 2:52 AM

I just sent this post to a bunch of my friends as I agree with most of what you’re saying here and the way you’ve presented it is awesome.

Kerrie Deconti November 12, 2010, 7:57 AM

Wow this is a great resource.. Im enjoying it.. good article - If you don’t know how to do something, you don’t know how to do it with a computer. Attributed to Anonymous

Kerrie Deuink November 12, 2010, 2:46 PM

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here but it could do with more detail. - Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog. Attributed to Doug Larson

Kerrie Dispirito November 12, 2010, 3:01 PM

This is a good approach to what, for some, may be a controversial topic. Very well though out post. - Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy. Attributed to Joseph Campbell

Kerrie Cimorelli November 12, 2010, 6:38 PM

Just proves the old adage. It’s an ill wind that blows no good. - When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Rais November 12, 2010, 6:41 PM

Good stuff. One of the things I really like about my own biz, and yes its different for all, is the money freedom, what is yours? - All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You’d be surprised to know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men. Attributed to Isaac Asimov

Kerrie Randgaard November 13, 2010, 12:46 AM

Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post. - Were it offered to my choice, I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults in the first. - Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790

Kerrie Ancelet November 13, 2010, 4:41 AM

Just read it and went gosh, I know why I was poor in the debate class. - Give me a couple of years, and I’ll make that actress an overnight success. - Samuel Goldwyn 1882 - 1974

Kerrie Ennels November 13, 2010, 10:11 AM

Just read it and went gosh, I know why I was poor in the debate class. - If my films don’t show a profit, I know I’m doing something right. - Woody Allen Born 1935