Hammer Pants -- They're BACK

Drop crotch, baggy, tent-like pants are back. They didn't look good then and they don't now. Moms: please DON'T touch this!

m.c. hammer

Stylemama: Shopping this weekend I came across a rack of MC HAMMER drop-crotch pants. Apparently they're now called "harem" pants. Excuse me. When I pulled them off the rack, the sales lady came over and exclaimed "Aren't those great?! You can wear them to the office, or anywhere really!" Um ... I wouldn't be caught dead in this parachute number and I don't see how they would look good on anyone, even a skinny model.

I imagined myself getting into my SUV and getting the crotch stuck in the car door. Or running up the stairs and tripping over the parachute. I smiled at the lady and say "Nah...I'm just kind of looking." The very last thing I'm going to be spending my money on, especially in this economy, would be Hammer pants.

harem pants

next: Super Skinny Kristen Johnston Gains 20 Lbs.
Anonymous October 20, 2008, 4:30 PM

Why not? Now my son and I can both look like we just dropped a big load in our diapers!! HA!

AK Mom October 20, 2008, 4:40 PM

Next thing you know shoulder pads will be back in style… :O(

jackie October 20, 2008, 7:37 PM

OMG> hilaaaarious! Too legit..too legit to quit. No way in H i would wear these haha.

Me! October 20, 2008, 11:15 PM

You know there where patterns of this made in the 90’s and I know someone who still has it. Maybe I could make them for people and sell them too. Oh or Christmas presents lol

A lot of people do not know what they are because Hammer wasn’t in their lifestyle when he was out. I know it’s hard too believe, but I’ve met a few. Those are the people who will be buying these pants for their grandchildren.

mary October 20, 2008, 11:43 PM

That’s too funny…yep, shoulder pads can’t be too far away! Better start shopping at Salvation Army … LOL!

Sheli October 21, 2008, 7:59 AM

Rats! I finally gave up on them coming back around and threw all of my old ones out. Oh well! I had one dressy pair that had a matching bolero jacket with guess what? Shoulder pads. Ha Ha!

dbunny December 16, 2009, 2:13 PM

LOL, you’re funny. And totally right on. I can’t believe something this completely and horribly ridiculous could possibly be a fashion trend. Lord help us. Like someone said, looks like someone took a big ol’ dump in a saggy diaper. Or like you got your crotch caught in the car door. :BangsHeadOnWall: