Happy Ending Husband: "I'm Not The Only One"

Guest blogger Richard: When my wife Gina posted the story about how she encouraged me to get a "Happy Ending," the response from readers was passionate -- to say the least. I'd like to set the record straight.

man getting massage

• This was a funny dare of sorts between my wife and I, and I have to say it was great to finally "win," wink, wink.

• If my wife wanted to go get a "happy ending" from a masseur, I would be totally fine with it. If she went every week I might get jealous. This was overseas in a shady massage parlor, a once in a lifetime (year) thing.

• Honesty in a relationship is important - the fact that we talked about it beforehand made the whole thing more of a science experiment than a sensual experience.

• These women were pros, not children.

• Half your husbands are getting jerked off without you ever knowing. Really. They were with me. They are lying to you. I'm serious.

Enjoy your sexual repression. Peace.

David Duchovny Jim Bakker

next: Soccer Mom Packs Heat at Daughter's Game
rachel October 15, 2008, 3:10 PM

That she offered it to you was disgusting, and that you accepted and enjoyed it was gross. Shame on both of you.

Wendi October 15, 2008, 3:19 PM

Well even though you talked about it and it “seems” like you both are okay and say it was just a one time thing, you also joked about it happening more. To me that says that you would be more open to this and more again. Marriage is sacred and should be looked at in that manner at all times. The definition of marriage is one man, one woman. There is no side line people or handjobs. It makes me very sad to think that people really think this is an acceptable way to be married. It seems to me if you need to bring someone else into your bedroom, then you are lacking something and need to work on the marriage and not the sex. Sex is not the only aspect to marriage, but it is a big one and if there is a problem there it will eventually disrupt other areas of the marriage.

As for half of the husbands out there doing this, well I can say that mine is not one of them. He holds marriage sacred like I do. We both believe if you really are not happy, which is what leads to this, then be a man and leave before being with someone else. Show some respect to your wife. Don’t disrespect her by allowing another woman to service you.

Charles October 15, 2008, 3:29 PM

What you, or any adult, choose to do with your spouse is between you and them. When you bring it to a forum and try to make it out as “normal” or what everyone should do, expect a backlash.

If you and your spouse can both get past the jealousy, illegality, and STDs, all the more power to you. But don’t try getting on your high horse just because you aren’t getting what you need inside your marriage and have to go outside. Being a loving, caring, monogamous partner isn’t sexual repression, it is an unselfish choice, and is worth its weight in gold.

Trina October 15, 2008, 3:33 PM

as for the “your husbands are doing it” comment, BULL S@%#. my husband isn’t the disrespectful man you are. whether she said to do it or not, you shouldn’t have gone. but whatever things you do behind your own doors is your own business, if you don’t want to hear the things people have to say, DON’T SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD you idiots!

Kate October 15, 2008, 3:43 PM

Well, my husband isn’t getting a happy ending from a “professional.”

We go to the spa together, get great massages, relax, then go home and have fantastic sex TOGETHER. You know, with EACH OTHER.

Who would have thought.

And while I was bothered with the people insulting your wife, I’m also bothered by you calling those of us that define our marriage THIS way “sexually repressed.” Good for you for standing up for your wife and trying to explain it, but you’re just as bad for insinuating that the rest of us just aren’t knowledgeable, hip or daring enough to (how we see it) cheat on our spouses.

Who will be a quest blogger next, the girl who you paid for sex? Hell, I would read that. Then we could really talk about what’s wrong with paying women (or girls) for these services in “shady” massage parlors.

Nikki October 15, 2008, 3:51 PM

I completly doubt you were thinking of this as a “science experiment” when you got your happy ending. And what exactly was the science experiment that you were trying to prove? YOU RECIEVED PHYSICAL SEXUAL PLEASURE FROM A PERSON WHO IS NOT YOUR WIFE…..now what is that called?

For someone who feels they didn’t do anything, I find it quite funny that you felt the need to post a response and defend yourself….

And as for “half the husbands that are getting jerked off without you ever knowing”…well that makes you just as disgusting as them. Thanks for confirming that by doing your ‘science experiment.’ You get an A.

Bill October 15, 2008, 4:51 PM

C’mon. While I’m not encouraging such behavior, and wouldn’t do it myself, cheating is in the eye of the spouse. It she knows about it, and she doesn’t considering it cheating, it’s not cheating.

Jas October 15, 2008, 5:36 PM

“The definition of marriage is one man, one woman.”

No, it’s not. Don’t presume your Christian morals define a word that pre-dates Christianity.

I say congrats to Richard and Gina for their open and honest relationship. If more couples were this honest with each other, the divorce rates wouldn’t be so high.

Kate October 15, 2008, 6:06 PM

Maybe if more couples put more important things before sexual gratification, the divorce rates wouldn’t be so high.

Nobody will win this argument.

Brian October 15, 2008, 6:16 PM

Responders: you may think you and your husband have a great sex life but I guarantee that his desire for sex far exceeds yours. Sorry, just the way it is with guys. Not an excuse to cheat, though.

Wendi October 15, 2008, 6:52 PM

Brian…Umm..you are wrong!! You may not believe it but there are a large number of women that have a high sex drive. Also there are a lot of women (myself included) that KNOW that we have a great sex life. You know how we know that?? Our husbands are home with us and not out sleeping with other women.

Crystal October 15, 2008, 7:14 PM

Brian! WRONG again.. I have a high sex drive, more than my Hubby..

Jas October 15, 2008, 7:31 PM

Kate: If couples are in a sexual relationship, then there is an expectation for sexual needs to be met. If they are not, and there is no honest communication, one is likely to seek it other places.

Also, Brian, my sexual desire exceeds that of my partners.

tom October 15, 2008, 10:52 PM

I’d like to focus on Richard’s original post.

Richard. You broke the cardinal rule. What happens in the Massage Parlor stays in the Massage Parlor. I hope I never become friends with someone like you.

Not only do you go to a prostitute but you gloat about it and tell the other wives out there that their husbands are doing it too? You are not a man.

ryan October 15, 2008, 11:37 PM

I am really with Tom on this one. it should have stayed in the massage parlor.

redmum October 16, 2008, 5:04 AM

LOL sexual repression, yup there is someone sexually repressed and it isn’t me Mr ‘I paid a woman to relieve me’ Richard.

I would also question your attitude to women, because if it was actually healthy you wouldn’t be using one for your own sexual gratification or indeed as you describe it science experiment.

At the end of the day how you and your wife choose to conduct your relationship is up to you. It just wouldn’t be what I would wish/look for/allow in a marriage.

geen October 16, 2008, 12:15 PM

enjoy your stds while I divorce you and take half. losers

Hugh G Rexion December 5, 2008, 4:43 AM

Wendi, Crystal and Jas?

I find that a bit difficult to believe.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Anonymous December 5, 2008, 5:00 AM

I received four kinds of STD’s when I visited my ‘massage parlor’. You think it’s all good until your junk starts coughing up tapioca and baby Rosie O’Donnells.

/thread

Heidi Rex December 5, 2008, 12:37 PM

It’s sick to me that so many other women find it repulsive to pay a girl in a third world country for a hand job. There’s many other things that they could be doing for a living that would truly degrade them and cause them harm, such as working in a sweat shop for Martha Stewart or real prostitution. In many cultures, a massage is an important physical and emotional release, not a sex act. It’s not bringing a third person into the bedroom, it’s just a way to make sure that your hubby is accepting of our love for expensive hand lotions.