Hilary Duff's Gay PSA

The former teen queen has put out a PSA to help stop people from overusing the word "gay." She teamed up with the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network to explain why negatively using the word is harmful.

next: Broke? Get Your Ass Kicked!
Anonymous October 10, 2008, 9:01 AM

I saw a different commercial on The View yesterday.

Anonymous October 10, 2008, 9:16 AM

I did too! How was that in the one they showed on the View

anonymous October 10, 2008, 10:12 AM

I think that vidio is gay

Sue October 10, 2008, 12:34 PM

My DD and her friends said that in HS. Doesn’t bother me. Each generation has their own slang terms. We had ours in the 70s and kids today have theirs.I think this world is too sensitive about things. Get over it.

Anonymous October 10, 2008, 2:07 PM

That video is SO gay

Anonymous October 10, 2008, 2:15 PM

Please stop being ignorant people. Would it be OK if they were using “black person” or “jew” as a derogatory term? It’s the same idea.

Like the PSA suggest, it’s inappropriate if you don’t like something to say “It’s so jew”. Or “It’s so black person”. Or “It’s so gay.” HELLO!!!!!

Anna October 10, 2008, 2:47 PM

if someone came up to me and gave me a speach i would get totally irritated. Hillary Duff is not gay, and many of my freinds who are gay dont have a problem with my using that saying. People like Duff need to shut up and get over themselves. Gay has multiple meanings including, lame, happy and homosexual. Just because homosexuals use it now as a word to discribe their sexuality doesnt mean that we have to abolish all other meanings of the word.

Sonni November 7, 2008, 2:22 AM

Please everyone just knock it off this is America and our fore fathers foght for the rights of freedom of speech and I think this is quite an conaversal topic that has different meaning and opinions from everyone and we all have to be respectful and accepting of everyone’s views on this topic especially in today’s society.

anonymous December 11, 2008, 1:21 AM

why the hell is it such a big deal. theres something called freedom of speech for a reason. if someone’s gay then it shouldn’t matter what people say they should just go ahead and live there lives. i’m not gay so maybe i have a different take on things.

crista December 11, 2008, 12:46 PM

if youre gay your gay. if people use the word gay so what. the person being offended must have a problem with being gay if the word gay or phrase gay hurts them. Gay is gay. It does have more than one meaning. look it up in the dictionary! So, stop being so touchy… maybe you all are the ones that can accept your gayness

anon December 11, 2008, 4:52 PM

sometimes I say i got jewed when i get ripped off but it doesnt mean i hate jews

Anonymous January 20, 2009, 6:22 PM

I’m not bothered by this saying. The video is rather funny though.

e-commerce company October 16, 2010, 12:44 PM

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.