Hollywood Diet Diaries

With celebrities always looking red carpet ready, we wanted to see if we too had the discipline to not only try, but stick with some of these Hollywood diet trends.

It's day one of our diets in the momlogic office and so far the cheating has already started.

master cleanse ingredients
Momlogic's Melissa
Weight: 155.5 lbs, Height 5'10"
Weight loss goal: 20 lbs
Diet Plan: Master Cleanse
Celebrities that have used the Master Cleanse: Beyonce, Ashanti, Jared Leto and Robin Quivers.

Goodbye wine, goodbye cheese, and farewell bread ... Today is day one of the
"Master Cleanse" (well, actually I started it yesterday and got to about 3 p.m. and then I decided that I should enjoy my Sunday -- meaning drinking wine and eating bread.) For those of you not familiar with the "Master Cleanse" it's a ten-day (minimum) liquid diet meant to detox your body from all toxins. It is also meant to clean out your colon, clearing it of years of poisonous gunk that accumulate with poor diet, medicines, and alcohol.

Anyway, it's only 9:50 a.m. and I am having trouble writing this because I
haven't had my normal two cups of coffee and I keep hitting the wrong keys
on the keyboard. Other than that I don't feel any different ... YET!

I have done this diet before and I was successful -- I lost 17 lbs in 10 days ... I actually stopped doing it on day 10 because I felt like I was getting too thin -- but physically I felt great and could have gone for longer.

zone-diet.gif
Momlogic's Jenny
Weight: 130 lbs, Height 5'5"
Weight loss goal: 8 lbs
Diet Plan: The Zone
Celebrities that have used The Zone: Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, Cindy Crawford, Sarah Jessica Parker and Madonna.

What does 2 weeks+ Brother in law's wedding+ In Maui, equal??? CRASH DIET!! My husband and I have signed up for the Zone Delivery diet. We did the diet a couple years back before we left for a cruise; my husband lost like 12 pounds (or something ridiculously unfair in like 2 weeks) and I lost like 3 or 4 lbs (I wasn't very strict). Despite the fact that its pretty expensive (approx $33 a day!), I figured doing this diet was our only hope for getting at least kind of bikini ready. Plus, with a 1yr old and busy schedules, having food delivered and not having to think about what I'm going to cook or eat is awesome.

When I opened the front door and saw my little black cooler that the "food fairy" had dropped off, I was excited for the road to skinniness to begin. But when I opened up the cooler and saw my menu and actual portions, reality hit. I rely heavily on real food like cookies and CARB-y stuff to get me through the day. This expensive diet better work. Would really suck to get to Maui fat AND broke.

weight watchers logo

Momlogic's Julie
Weight: 155 lbs, Height 5'10"
Goal to Lose: 10 lbs
Diet Plan: Weight Watchers
Celebrities that have used Weight Watchers: Jenny McCarthy and Sarah Ferguson.

I would love to lose about 10 lbs. I am doing Weight Watchers. I have been on it before, right after my daughter was born. It seems like every time I lose about 8 - 10 lbs, I say "I'm done now" and then I gain it right back. I'd like to lose 10 and keep it off!

Day one is tough because there is a big box of Jelly Belly candy in the office kitchen tempting me. My husband did pack me a sensible lunch, though, but I ate most of it before noon. The first day is always the hardest!

sunfare logo
Momlogic's Gillian

Weight: 145 lbs, Height 5'7"
Goal to Lose: 10 lbs
Diet Plan: Sunfare food delivery
Celebrities that have used the Sunfare Diet: Britney Spears, Marci Cross, Kate Beckinsale, and Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon.

I am going on a family cruise in six weeks where I will (eek!) have to be in a bikini in front of strangers. I have done Sunfare before and really enjoyed it. My main issue is not so much massive weight loss, but focusing on healthy eating. I have found myself slipping into easy food. And "easy food" equals Mickey D's. I actually was using their "Monopoly" game as an excuse to get a Big Mac ("Gotta get Boardwalk and win $1 million!!). Sigh. not good.

Day one is going great -- as I knew it would. The food is delicious and nutritious -- and delivered to my doorstep. Can't get easier than that! I'm actually only doing breakfast, lunch and the afternoon snack -- my hubby and I will have dinner together. I feel like I can control that a lot more than I can my eating during the day.

Breakfast: Breakfast panini with eggs, prosciutto, havarti dill, mustard and grilled whole wheat bread.

Lunch: Blue cheese chicken with caramelized shallots.

Snack: Pineapple chunks.

woman eating a banana
Momlogic's Jill
Weight: 125 lbs, Height 5'3"
Goal to Lose: 5 lbs
Diet Plan: The Morning Banana Diet. Hollywood's newest fad diet, straight from Japan.

I don't really do diets. I also don't enjoy scales. I don't even have one in my bathroom, so I had to use my husband's this morning to "weigh in" for this dieting experiment. I've decided to try the banana diet that we told you about on momlogic last week because basically, it sounds super easy -- even for me.

Here's what I get: a banana (or as many as I want) and room temperature water for breakfast; anything I want for lunch and dinner (by 8 p.m.). Snacks are okay, but no desserts after meals, and I gotta be in bed by midnight (last time I stayed up til midnight was New Year's Eve)

So far today I've had the banana and the water and some green tea. I am starving so will eat an earlier than usual lunch, spinach salad with turkey, egg, cukes and balsamic dressing. Not sure about dinner, but probably chicken, veggies and brown rice. And I'll try to skip the wine -- though this diet says "social drinking" is ok. (That's another reason why I selected it)

next: David Duchovny Denies Affair
geen October 21, 2008, 11:52 AM

wow! do any of these work? and if they do, how long does the weight stay off? I have heard great things about weight watchers though.

Amy October 21, 2008, 4:57 PM

weight watchers is great!

Nancy Kodama December 12, 2008, 2:24 AM

Take Shape For Life helped me take the last 15 lbs off. 15 lbs for me was everything. After four kids and doubling up on yoga and taerobics I couldn’t get the right balance of food in my body. Take Shape for Life has helped me. I am able to keep it off.

Nancy Kodama December 17, 2008, 3:30 AM

I can help you Take Shape For Life.

FREE Coaching. Nancy @TakeShapeInfo.com
www.TakeShapeInfo.com

south beach diet snack May 20, 2010, 8:21 PM

I came across plenty of helpful diet plan ideas on this website called the celebeater it talks about celeb diet programs along with movie star celebrity exercise programs. It helped me thereforeI merely believed I would pass that on for anyone out there battling weight loss.

zone meals diet May 20, 2010, 8:29 PM

I ran across lots of valuable diet plan tips on this site referred to as the celebeater it talks about celebrity diet plans and also superstar celebrity workout programs. It helped myself and so I just believed I’d pass that on for everyone out there struggling with weight loss.

zone diet meals May 20, 2010, 8:30 PM

I ran across many useful diet tips on this internet site referred to as the celebeater it references celeb diet programs and also superstar celebrity workout programs. This aided me personally thereforeI merely thought I’d pass this particular on for everyone around fighting weight loss.

South Beach Diet May 20, 2010, 8:34 PM

I found a lot of valuable diet suggestions on this website known as the celebeater it talks about celebrity diet plans and superstar celeb workouts. This helped me personally so I merely believed I’d pass that on for everyone around battling weight loss.

Sneha September 1, 2010, 9:44 AM

Diets are a great way to get back to shape but what about for those who cannot control there food cravings - they need something that will help them to stop the dietary fat from being absorbed and also a hunger suppressant so that they can control their food cravings. To know about such a weight loss pill - http://proactolreviews.reviewsonwww.com/ - completely free from any side effects and 100% made from organic plant extracts.

Golf September 14, 2010, 10:37 AM

In related news, the PGA voted Tiger Woods Player of the Year .. sources are unsure whether they were actually referring to golf though!

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 2:25 PM

I’m currently working on a forum to house all industry professionals under one roof and to provide an area where we can grow together.

Ecommerce Website Design Middlesbrough October 18, 2010, 12:55 PM

I am extremely new to the net and needed to read up on this subject. Thought it was a well written entry very well written and helpful. I will definitely be coming back to your website to read more articles as i really enjoyed this one..

Juan Jeziorski October 19, 2010, 5:17 PM

Hey, found your site by accident doing a search on Google but I’ll definitely be coming back. - The government is unresponsive to the needs of the little man. Under 5’7”, it is impossible to get your congressman on the phone. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jesse Juliano October 19, 2010, 5:55 PM

Then again, the opposite could be true. - When we played softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jesse Janowiak October 19, 2010, 7:14 PM

Then again, the opposite could be true. - Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein

Jonathan Jodon October 19, 2010, 8:29 PM

Strange this post is totaly irrelevant to the search query I entered in google but it was listed on the first page. - It’s absolutely impossible, but it has possibilities. - Samuel Goldwyn 1882 - 1974

Joseph Joans October 19, 2010, 9:06 PM

Just read it and went gosh, I know why I was poor in the debate class. - Any non-trivial program contains at least one bug. Attributed to Laws of Computer Programming

Joseph Jomes October 19, 2010, 10:19 PM

Hey, nice blog with good info. I really like coming back here often. There?s only one thing that annoys me and that is the misfunctioning of comment posting. I usually get to 500 error page, and have to do the post twice. - It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better… while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jeffrey Jandreau October 19, 2010, 10:56 PM

I was studying something else about this on another blog. Interesting. Your perspective on it is novel. - To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer. Attributed to Paul Ehrlich

Justin Jaworski October 19, 2010, 11:32 PM

Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post. - Once you’ve put one of his books down, you simply can’t pick it up again. (talking about Henry James) - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910