I Told My Husband to Get a "Happy Ending"

I don't consider it cheating -- and when he finally got his "massage," I was happy for him!

husband excited to get a happy ending massage

Guest blogger, Gina: About four years ago while my husband and I were out to dinner with friends, the subject of "full service" massages came up. My husband said he had never had one and the men at the table seemed surprised -- apparently men get them at least once before they get married. Anyway, I told him that if he had any interest that I wouldn't mind if he went for it. Ever since that day, my friends and I had been wondering when he would actually go through with it.

About every other month, he went for a massage. Sometimes to places that seemed on the up and up and sometimes to places that you think may offer the full rubdown. Every time he would come back I'd ask, "Well?" He never could get it done -- and we continued to razz him about it. We all knew he wanted to do it and it was pretty adorable to see him try and fail.

Then one day, he traveled to Asia for business. He and his friends went to a massage parlor. Apparently over there, the menu is more blatant. They even offer "full service" -- and they mean it. He opted for partial -- hands only. He proudly called me up immediately after to tell me all the details. When I answered the phone he said to me, "Fresh Pepper?" I knew exactly what he meant and we laughed for about 60 seconds straight. He told me that when some of his co-workers opted out because they were married, he bragged about the fact he had permission.

Call me naive, but I think his honesty is because of my open-mindedness. I mean, is he really going to run off with a happy ending masseuse? And if he does, do I want to be married to him anyway? I'm not sure if he'll do it again, but I think the whole thing is a testament to our connection and of course, makes a great story. So, ladies -- I recommend the happy-ending-go-ahead. I've never trusted my husband more.

David Duchovny Jim Bakker

next: Rebecca Romjin and Jerry O'Connell Prep for Parenthood
dan October 14, 2008, 7:05 PM

Better to be open about getting a happy ending then to find out your high and mighty preacher husband is snorting meth off of a male hooker’s butt. Looking your way all you high and mighty evangelicals…..

Kenny October 14, 2008, 7:06 PM

I know at least 3 or 4 of you are prudes and your husbands are going to cheat on you. The reason this woman will have a successful marriage is the openess and honesty. My wife granted me “permission” but i haven’t used it yet and who knows if i will, but it’s nice knowing i’m not married to uptight prude. Some women are just more confident than the ones who have insecure screaming from them.

T.J Hoodless October 14, 2008, 7:27 PM

for richer for poorer for better for worse in sickness and in health till death do us part. Society in general no longer believes in this. Divorce is so easy. Going through one right now, wife of seventeen years cheated on me several times . now some may call me an idoit because i tried to work things out. any way she filed for a divorce stating cruel and inhumane treatment . JUDGE HAS GIVEN HER TEMP POSESSION OF HOUSE AND CHILDREN. SHE ALSO MOVED YOUNGER GUY IN. SO STATE IS OVER RELIGION AND WHERE IS JUSTICE TO BE FOUND?

Allen October 14, 2008, 10:17 PM

I bet every woman who thought this story was “nasty” and wrong, or “ewww” are the same ones who would not give their man a “Happy-ending” anyway. I say all who disagreed with the story most likely are “prudes” and I feel sorry for your man.

Susie Q October 14, 2008, 10:33 PM

Congratulations on ruining a good husband with good morals. Most women would be elated over finding such a trustworthy husband, but I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Of course his happy endings could be a justification to your own indiscretions…whatever

Pam October 14, 2008, 10:49 PM

OK Kenny, If your wife said you didn’t satisfy her as a lover and she wanted to try another one on for size, THEN what would you or any other male on here think? Would you be ok with another guy boinking your wife?…..Bet Not! All you men on here who say your wife is ok with it, good for you, your married to INSECURE women who think that’s the way to keep her man, let him do whom ever or whatever so he won’t leave. Then on the other hand, maybe she’s giving you “permission” as you call it because she’s having hot sex with the neighbor and that’s her way of making you think she’s “OK” with your “happy ending”

Pam October 14, 2008, 11:00 PM

Don’t feel sorry for our men Allen, I can’t speak for the other “prudes” as you call us but my man is well taken care of and he doesn’t have to pay for a happy ending from anyone,( he gets it from me and has for 35 years thank you) worry about STD’s,or prove anything to anyone about how big of a man he is. Guy’s who have to go outside a marriage to get a “happy ending” are really looking for something missing from their own wedded bliss. Women, or men for that matter who put up with outside activities in a marriage are not TRULY happily married, just trying to make everyone think you are.

Ummm October 14, 2008, 11:43 PM

Alex, this IS going to a prostitute.

Pam October 15, 2008, 12:07 AM

Kudo’s Jeff, I applaud you!

Mr. Skeptic October 15, 2008, 4:50 AM

Hey ladies,

I got news for you, half of your men are getting this from time to time anyway. Man cannot live by one woman alone - at least not any man under 50. Men want to have experiences with other women and the massage/happy ending scenario is the best way to do that as there are no strings attached, no calls from some crazy GF in the middle of the night. If you’re not suspicious of an affair, then there is a 50/50 chance there is a massuse in the picture somewhere. And you should be glad, because there is obviously no emotional attachment that way (we never even know their names let alone fall in ‘love’ with them.)

It’s basically, just a new set of hands, and sometimes that is all you need. (and before you say “eeew”, realize that this could actually be what keeps your marriage TOGETHER!)

Sure beats an affair!

Ms. Vicky October 15, 2008, 5:06 AM

Grow up ladies! It sounds like this couple handled it in the right way.

Otherwise 60% of you have THIS to look forward to. Take a look before you make these unrealistic comments.

Patrick October 15, 2008, 8:04 AM

Hey ladies listen to Mr. Skeptic. There are women here who are disgusted by this scenario and then there are women here who have a happy partner. My wife is open to a lot of things and I would never think of cheating on her. Why would I? It’s much more fun with her than sneaking around

b October 15, 2008, 12:56 PM

I cannot believe there is no discussion of the woman who give these “massages”…has anyone thought of what these girls go through in their lives. TO be able to “fully service” a nameless man who is simply using their hands or other parts of their body is morally wrong. You know nothing of this woman and how she got to be in the position that she is in today. She is someones daughter, did that ever cross your mind when you gave your husband permission?

NICOLE October 15, 2008, 1:24 PM

KUDOS TIFFANY..

not fallin for it October 15, 2008, 4:46 PM

This story is so fake. I think this part gives it away best “Apparently, men get them at least once before they get married.” Hmm, that sounds so official. Like registering with selective service. Sign up for the draft, get a sleazy massage. Sure, “men” get them “before they get married”. If this author is sincere, she was FISHED IN! Nah… it’s just crappy fiction.

Bill October 15, 2008, 4:55 PM

Okay, folks - If the two of them are okay with this, they’re both consenting adults and no one was hurt - what’s the big deal? Their marriage, their rules, for good or bad.

Dr. Love October 15, 2008, 5:08 PM

Interestingly enough, hysteria was once thought to be a ‘female’ condition, caused by a woman’s uterus, and were often treated by doctors in their offices with what was the precursor to the modern vibrator. Seriously.

mom 5 October 15, 2008, 9:01 PM

after reading this i still don’t know if i would want my huband to get this done. i might make him happy for a while. what if your husband asks you to do something they did for him would you do it? i would really have to think about it.

Anonymous October 15, 2008, 9:17 PM

Well, if it makes you happy then cool, but not my style, my husband and I did all our fooling around before we got married but I know some couples that are swingers because they love each other, but are not in love with each other anymore and as soon as someone with potential comes along they will most likely divorce and stay friends. They stay together in case they don’t find anyone else. I personally believe it’s between them.

Sara October 16, 2008, 7:56 AM

as a licensed massage therapist who went through a 500 hour training course, we were taught how to “THUMP” strategically if a man so much as HINTED at this. Or simply ask them to leave before the authorities are called. I took almost as much anatomy as nurses do, and it did NOT include massage of THAT area….articles like this continue the stigma that massages are “dirty.” I take such offense to that. I help people every day who are in pain caused by arthritis, diabetes, injuries, etc. and I love my job. This makes me SICK! And the fact that they were “razzing” him about this until he got, let’s just call it what it is, a “HAND JOB?” Gross gross gross. Do that at home, and let professionals do their job, not look for a way to get off!