I'm Scared Barack Obama Will Win

Momlogic's Winter: With Barack Obama in the White House, will it spell danger for African Americans everywhere?

Barack Obama, Daniel Cowart, Paul Schlesselman

My heart is still pounding with fear from reading about two skinheads and their assassination attempt on the presidential candidate. The fact that they were trying to kill him doesn't surprise me -- in fact, I'm surprised that more idiots haven't given it a shot at this point in the game. What scared me was that they were planning to go state to state to kill other African Americans -- including children.

I had to do a double take. Is this not 2008? Haven't we been able to achieve at least some of what Martin Luther King Jr. set out in his famous "I Have a Dream Speech," namely that we as blacks can go to school with whites, work the same occupations, climb the corporate ladder and live pretty much anywhere without fear of burning crosses in our front yards? Yet the fact that a mass killing of African Americans is a pleasant thought to many tells me that maybe we haven't come as far as we thought.

Reportedly there is a margin of African Americans that will not be voting for Obama because they're afraid of his assassination. Until today, I thought that was ridiculous. After all, why should some backwards white supremacists influence the way I choose to vote? Why should I live in fear? However, given the plans of these two men, I, as an African American woman, am beginning to wonder what will happen if he does win.

Will all the Ku Klux Klan members come skulking out of their holes, armed with a gun and a mask, ready to kill the rest of us because a half African man is running the country? Should my elderly relatives down south pick up and move? Worse yet, is it possible that the fallout from having a black man in the White House could erase 60 years of what we have called "progress"?

To be honest, I didn't think I would live to see the day when there would be a black man in office -- and I'm only 27. And, like the rest of the nation, I am biting my nails in anticipation of what will happen on Tuesday -- though I know who I am rooting for. But greater than that, I have to admit I am a little scared of what will happen the day after.

And the day after.

next: Campbell Brown Announces Pregnancy on 'The Daily Show'
Shanequa October 30, 2008, 2:02 PM

***MCCAIN/PALIN 08***

Vida October 30, 2008, 3:52 PM

I am a black female and I have thrown my support behind Barack as well. Make no mistake about it, you SHOULD be afraid for Barack! Since this incident, I have read supremacist blogs like crazy, and I can tell you that we still live in a very racist America! Many supremacist organizations across the country are hoping and praying for an Obama win so that whites who did not vote for him will become more angry, more disillusioned and join their groups in droves. I hope you understand that the idea of a race war for many supremacist groups is as equal to the idea of an Obama presidency for you and I. Just pray for Barack and our nation, because if he is elected and assassinated, a race war would be a slice of pie compared to the anarchy that could occur in this country.

Steve October 30, 2008, 11:19 PM

I’m scared that Senator Obama will win but not for any of the reasons you mentioned here. I’m a white, 40 year old man and several mentors in my life are black. So, don’t dare venture to call me a racist.

I just can’t find more than one or two small issues where I agree with him. There are many names I would call him and mean them deeply. Among them would be; dangerous, megalomaniacal, ill-equipt, socialist, communist, marxist, etc.

I pulled out my copy of the communist manefesto tonight and it seems that he is using it as a playbook. I’d encourage all of you to read it if you have not.

I will work tirelessly to ensure that this man never has the power he so desperately desires.

Jessica October 31, 2008, 1:12 PM

Obama being a black man has nothing to do with alot of people not voting for him. It has to do with his socialist views and many Americans can tell a lie from truth. Why are so many people accepting government to take over every aspect possible of their lives?? Why did our forefathers and every patriot fight for their freedom and future Americans freedoms? To be free from drowning in large government. We are all individuals and not the same and I feel like socialism,communism,marxism thinks that way. Oh wait they do! I don’t want the gov’t to decide my healthcare or raise my taxes so high I can’t possibly break even to buy the simplest of things like food. So if you feel your doing the right thing by voting for Obama then do so, it is AMERICA and you can choose to think that way. But when he wins and the people who voted for him see that he will screw up a great country, you must reap what you sow. Just don’t vote for him because somewhere inside you, you feel guilty. There is no reason to feel guilty, if Obama thought morally like myself I would vote for him. Black or white doesn’t matter, it’s his policies that matter.

James October 31, 2008, 4:41 PM

Fear not; only a teeny-tiny minority of U.S. citizens are hate mongers like Sarah Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity and their followers.

Kim October 31, 2008, 8:04 PM

I am white. I have all ready voted for Obama. I voted for him because I agree with his policies. My husband is voting this year (for Obama) for the first time EVER. Why? Because he believes if we have 4 more years of Bush-enomics we will be in serious trouble and he is NOT at all impressed with McCain/Palin. Especially Palin.
Am I scared? No. Do I think people are ignorant? Yes! Obama is 1/2 white,a fact people can’t seem to remember, on top of which I keep hearing people say he’s a muslim or a terrorist. To me, calling someone a muslim or terrorist is the new racial slur! Sickening!

proud mom of 2 October 31, 2008, 8:58 PM

MARY, Abe is right! the McCain/Palin campain is soooo negative, and negativity breeds more negativity. The McCains campain workers is fighting with Palins workers blameing each other for who is at fault for their failing campain!! Its a joke!!

mary November 1, 2008, 7:55 PM

proud mom of 2, I could not disagree with you more… the information is out there that shows that ad for ad, Obama has ran more negative ad time than McCain. Again, a handful of loonies does not define a campaign. If so, then I would define Obama’s as a woman-hating campaign because he’s got a handful of loonies that attend his rallies too, that shout out very anti-woman derrogatory names. They did this during the primaries against Hilary, too. So no, I don’t define a campaign by the fringe people. Again, ad for ad, Obama has run more negative ads than McCain…check it out for yourself.

christi November 1, 2008, 11:39 PM

has anyone read the book of revelations? that is what i am worry about! barack has every characteristic of the antichrist, if you love your kids READ REVELATION! warn everyone if you love them

NeverFear November 2, 2008, 1:17 AM

Re: anonymous “I really admire Dr. Martin Luther King, but Obama is nothing as him.” “Terrible bad things for USA could become with Obama in the WH…”
Come on who are you for real? And did you see these same things when Bush was running in 2000 and 2004?…Also do u foresee Mexico doing anything about all the illegal immigrants coming across the border. If Obama scares other Mexicans like he scares you maybe the US can save some money on border patrol when Obama is president. And for the record…until Jesus comes back…this world will always have evil things happening(the devil is the ruler on earth) until christians exercise our God given authority (reclaimed by the death and resurrection of Christ) over the devil taking dominion over evil. So I will vote for Obama because that’s who I agree with on most issues not because I “fear” or am “scared” of McCain. Give me a break….

Anonymous November 2, 2008, 1:28 AM

It is so sad how profound and prominent racism is, especially now. However, this world will merge into a red race and there will no longer be a color line. So be prepared. With God all things are possible. Prayer is Power. I claim nothing will happen. Thank you Heavenly Father in Jesus Name AMEN

katie November 2, 2008, 5:49 AM

if black choose black meaning racist too. All people in the world are racist. China never allow not china race become their leader, while Democrat meaning democrazy for married gay and abortion

Carla November 2, 2008, 3:32 PM

Take his cue. He and his family understand the risks and are brave enough to face them in an attempt to make good things happen. A good man. As president. Wow.

Charles November 2, 2008, 8:06 PM

Folks, all of the presidents to this day have been “white” men. Now, why are so many expressing being afraid just because a man who is the offspring of a “white” female and an “African” male is on the verge of being elected President of OUR country? It is past due time for the change that is about to happen.

d hall November 3, 2008, 9:02 AM

If Barak Obama wins I think it will be a realization for the American people that we are all in this country together to make it a stronger nation. Color should NOT be the defining parameter that we look at Americans with. Knowledge is power, and this man and his wife are very educated. What an example this should be for all of us. Look at a field of flowers and see the beauty. Now look at a sea of people of all colors - find the beauty. Get it? I got it a long time ago! We are all one and the same in the eyes of our creator, GOD. He does not make trash.He creates souls and we all have the same color of blood. But Satan, the loser creates havoc and that becomes the sadness in society. LET’S WORK TOGETHER AS ONE PEOPLE TO MAKE AMERICA STRONG AGAIN. LET’S PUT JOBS BACK IN OUR NATION AND NOT OVER-SEAS. THESE ARE THE ISSUES THAT WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED WITH. NOT COLOR! AND EDUCATION - A MUST FOR OUR FUTURE.

SHELLEY November 3, 2008, 10:13 AM

I really don’t think politics and religion should mix.

bonniex3 November 3, 2008, 12:28 PM

It’s funny reading thru all the comments… how ignorant and un-educated many are about one of the most important presidential race’s in history. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs but don’t down someone else for not believing the same as you. That’s what makes are country so great, we’re all so different and entitled to the freedoms of believing and speaking how we feel. I just say get educated on your beliefs first before you start attacking those of others.

Obama and Mccain are two strong candidates but only 1 will win and someone isn’t going to be happy with the outcome. This happens every election but I didn’t see the end of the world then and I don’t see it now. If you believe in the hype then our downfall is on you, not who won. Besides every president has assasination plots and /or attempts made on their life. I’m sure both candidates and their families were aware of that when they stepped into the presidential spotlight. It’s a well known risk and if it happens how sad it will be … Now my opinion is if it were to happen to Obama at least we have Joe Biden who can step in and lead this country, It scares me to think of Palin as a possible president, by golly.. she’s just not ready for a job that big and neither is this country. But hey, that’s my opinion…

Melissa November 3, 2008, 1:47 PM

If Obama gets elected he plans on punishing big businesses. That means higher prices for the consumer. You can’t hurt them with more taxes because in the end they write them off and pass the costs to you. Race isn’t about just black and white. What about Jews, Italians, and people from Poland. These people were treated very badly when they immigrated here to America. There is never mention of other races when discrimination is brought up, but only black and white. That is ignorant in itself to leave out other races. What about the Native Americans that were here before we were. We took their land which was all they had to survive and they took care of the environment and appreciated what resources it provided for them. If you want to talk about rights, then we need to talk about Native Americans getting back what they had stolen from them. My grandfather was Italian and his family was discriminated against when they came to America. I don’t go around telling people what they need to do for me or what I deserve to get paid back because of what he endured. This is what we need to think about. It is not about Black and White.

Kris  November 3, 2008, 7:03 PM

To Anonymous from Mexico:

I agree with you 100% You have good instincts… I’m not afraid of skin color… I’m afraid of the corrupt associations and scary associations Obama has. Do you know.. that if he tried to join the military he would be rejected because of his past? And now he is going to be their commander in chief?!

America is a great country… but something sinister is about to happen to her.

I live in England for my husbands job(he’s a USAF pilot)… and the prospect of moving back to the United States under an Obama presidency leaves me feeling… almost homeless now.

It’s not about race. I pray for Obama’s safety no matter what.. and that of all my brothers and sisters of color… but I still don’t want him as president.

kris

Jen November 3, 2008, 7:04 PM

I’m afraid to vote for Obama too, because in his eyes, not all people are created equal. www.ObamaMustSee.com