I'm Scared Barack Obama Will Win

Momlogic's Winter: With Barack Obama in the White House, will it spell danger for African Americans everywhere?

Barack Obama, Daniel Cowart, Paul Schlesselman

My heart is still pounding with fear from reading about two skinheads and their assassination attempt on the presidential candidate. The fact that they were trying to kill him doesn't surprise me -- in fact, I'm surprised that more idiots haven't given it a shot at this point in the game. What scared me was that they were planning to go state to state to kill other African Americans -- including children.

I had to do a double take. Is this not 2008? Haven't we been able to achieve at least some of what Martin Luther King Jr. set out in his famous "I Have a Dream Speech," namely that we as blacks can go to school with whites, work the same occupations, climb the corporate ladder and live pretty much anywhere without fear of burning crosses in our front yards? Yet the fact that a mass killing of African Americans is a pleasant thought to many tells me that maybe we haven't come as far as we thought.

Reportedly there is a margin of African Americans that will not be voting for Obama because they're afraid of his assassination. Until today, I thought that was ridiculous. After all, why should some backwards white supremacists influence the way I choose to vote? Why should I live in fear? However, given the plans of these two men, I, as an African American woman, am beginning to wonder what will happen if he does win.

Will all the Ku Klux Klan members come skulking out of their holes, armed with a gun and a mask, ready to kill the rest of us because a half African man is running the country? Should my elderly relatives down south pick up and move? Worse yet, is it possible that the fallout from having a black man in the White House could erase 60 years of what we have called "progress"?

To be honest, I didn't think I would live to see the day when there would be a black man in office -- and I'm only 27. And, like the rest of the nation, I am biting my nails in anticipation of what will happen on Tuesday -- though I know who I am rooting for. But greater than that, I have to admit I am a little scared of what will happen the day after.

And the day after.

next: Campbell Brown Announces Pregnancy on 'The Daily Show'
Anonymous November 3, 2008, 9:38 PM

MaCain!!!

Laurie November 4, 2008, 10:04 AM

Bill, Haven’t you figured out that there is no reasoning? Just read the majority of these posts - it’s all emotion, nothing more.

MM November 4, 2008, 10:21 AM

I wish people would make an educated decision for themselves and not turn it into a race war as usual.

I fear people are also voting for Obama because he is black…not for what he will do/not do for our country. It is wrong to vote for McCain because you don’t want a black man in office and it is also wrong to vote for Obama because you do want a black man in office.

I am personally voting for McCain because he supports family values and I appreciate his sacrifices while serving in the military to defend our Freedom.

awesome in AL! November 4, 2008, 9:47 PM

those may be “sick people” as “Lynn” said. But what’s even worse is partial birth abortion. NOW THAT’S SICK! Obama actually supports that! =0 what a sick man!

McCain/Palin 2008

RIGHTintheUSA November 4, 2008, 10:47 PM

Well said xinunus. Sarah Palin has been bad mouthed from the get go. The media and the public have slung mud at her constantly. Hillary has proven herself to be self centered and yet women were carrying on as if she was the Second Coming. Where are they when another woman has a chance at being in the White House? And Family Outcast, while I don’t support your vote, remember that education has nothing to do with racism. People with education can be just as racist and/or bigoted as those without. Let us not forget, also, that racism is a two way street. Those who vote against Obama based on skin color may be racist but then so are those who vote for him solely ON skin color. You may not be one of those voters but I have seen them with my own eyes, heard them talk with my own ears.

sharon November 5, 2008, 1:00 AM

I believe there will be many attempts on Obama’s life, and that racism is going to get worse. It already is escalating. I guess now we can have a Miss WHITE America and a NAAWP, Since the blacks have their president, unpatriotric, disrespectful of our flag, friends with terrorists, birth in question Muslim, and maybe Rev wright can be his foreign policy main man. God are we in trouble. I wonder where all of the money will come from for all of his changes.? You know, I’ll bet Oprah will help him get us out of our 13 trillion debt?? Wait until we all get government health insurance!! lol Thats a joke. You know who will get the good health care providers? It won’t be us po folk. So Hussein Obama wants to bring troops home and then possibly go into Pakistan. Then we will be in a worse mess. What an Odumba.

Enli November 5, 2008, 1:21 AM

Half African? When has he ever recognized being part white? When has a white relative ever stood next to him anywhere? He has denied and ignored any part of his half white - and he will rule only as a black man from the far left of the spectrum. His mother is blessed to be dead and not have to live to see him dismiss her - I know as the parent of a “half African,” I have been sickened by his racism and the racism of his supporters - not one single African-American I know makes any bones about voting for him simply because he is black.

Our nation will mourn this day - when it becomes the People’s Republic of Obama.

mommy November 5, 2008, 8:56 AM

do not compare obama to king that is not fair king paved the road obama drove on it as well as white-blacks ect the kennedys also paved the road but do not put him [obama] that is not fair we are all our own person let that be

mommy November 5, 2008, 8:58 AM

mm what race war? the one cemented in your head

mommy November 5, 2008, 9:03 AM

outcast me too i was sickend my grandbaby is biracial what they must say when i am not around and i dont care they are aholes and i do not need it i never liked them anyway all of them stayed home because they thought if they dont vote they would not have been involved and i thank them because thier ignoance made a dream come true

mommy November 5, 2008, 9:25 AM

TO THOSE WHO THINK OBAMA SUPPORTS ABORTION HE AND I QUATE IT SHOULD BE LEFT UP TO EACH STATE SO WHEN IT COMES ALONG GET UP SEAK UP VOTE

Shelley November 5, 2008, 10:45 AM

I can’t believe what you people are saying about Obama,I’m from Canada and I have been watching for the last 2 years on both Mcain and Obama ,this is politics and the majority of people have just wanted some change.Who really cares of the color of somebodies skincolor or if they are half white or black whatever, did you not listen to Obama’s wining speech,he wants to be there for ALL OF YOU!!!! give it a shot ,honestly by the looks of your country Obama may be just what you need right now.By the way up here in Canada we have goverment health care, and we are looked after quite fine.

bonniex3 November 5, 2008, 12:36 PM

Ugh… again people…educate yourselves especially now about our new president-elect. The misinformed crap I heard from my own family just has me disgusted. Ignorant ramblings of scared stupids is the only way I can describe it. My kids are bi-racial and I look to them as our future and the whole new world of opportunity this has opened for them. For once my voice was heard and my vote counted. And you know what.. I’m in that upper tax bracket that Obama wants to tax and I’m ok with it. The muslim school thing… he was a kid and made to go to that school. Gimme a break! I was forced to go to a not so mainstream school as a kid and it’s views weren’t that of mainstream america but that doesn’t mean I live those teachings today or force those beliefs on someone else. WAKE UP! It’s time for a change and I’m ok with this black man leading us. New opportunities await and it’s exciting. Embrace it, you never know you just might benefit from it.

Anonymous November 5, 2008, 8:47 PM

i think he will be killed its a white house you fools

CC November 5, 2008, 9:30 PM

Interesting group of responses-the ignorance & racism (very thinly described as “concern”) is quite an eye opener for me. After this post I will delete my name from the newsletter list-it does nothing but show great ignorance-although I would really be interested in the demographics of the momlogic group

Melissa Barlow November 5, 2008, 11:27 PM

I watched the video about abortion on
www.ObamaMustSee.com

This should never happen to an innocent life that God created. People that screw around should have to pay for their mistakes. It should be considered murder for abortion. Everyone of those childre were so precious whether their faces could be seen or not. Noone on this earth can create a life. Obama is not concerned about those babies or anything else that is good and pure. He is evil.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 4:30 AM

educate urselves people! when will the day when the KKK, aryan brotherhood etc will be locked up and their practices banished. Thats a day which i cant wait for!

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 4:34 AM

its sad when we live in a society where racism thrives. You dont have to agree with Obama let alone like him, but when skin colour is the issue, racist rednecks need to learn that Obama is the way of the future whether they like it or not!

Henry J November 6, 2008, 10:49 AM

This being reality, the first African-American to be president elect sends a little fear in me and the security needs to be stepped up to protect him. We all agree there are hatemongers among us who can’t seem to shake off the hate and bigotry they possess. However, I was elated to see so many white faces who voted for Obama not for his skin color but for what he means to America. Hope for a better future!
Let us get away from this black vs. white thing….we are all God’s children and we should think as one and love each other for what we are. As Obama says we need to dedicate ourselves for the betterment of our America.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 10:57 PM