Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Dead

UPDATE: Arrest made in double murder of mother and brother.

hudsons mom

TMZ is reporting that Jennifer Hudson's mother Darnell Hudson Donerson was one of two victims shot and killed in her Chicago home earlier today. A neighbor tells TMZ the other victim was Jennifer's brother Jason.

Essence reports Jennifer is the youngest of three children. She was very close with her mother. In fact, Darnell was the first person Hudson called after landing the part on "Dreamgirls." "I was on the phone to my mom right away. There was a little celebration," Jennifer told OK!

Last month, Jennifer Hudson announced she was engaged to be married. Our thoughts go out to Jennifer and her family during this difficult time.

UPDATE: An all points bulletin has been issued for Hudson's 7-year-old nephew who may have been taken from the scene. Police are looking for 1994 white Suburban with the license plate X584859.

hudson nephew

UPDATE: Police are looking for William Balfour (seen below), who they claim could be with the missing 7-year-old. According to records, Balfour listed Hudson's mother's address as a place of residence within the last year. According to the Illinois Department of Corrections website, Balfour is currently on parole after serving jail time for attempted murder. According to People magazine, the man is believed to be the boy's father.

william balfour

UPDATE: Lost in all this is Jennifer's sister Julia, mother of the missing 7-year-old, reports TMZ. She reportedly works as a bus driver in Chicago. Her employer told TMZ she worked her shift today. She hasn't been seen since.

UPDATE: According to TMZ, a WBBM reporter is saying that neighbors have said a family member in the Hudson household apparently tried to steal a car a few weeks ago, an argument ensued, and he vowed revenge. A photo on Julia's MySpace page posted prior to today's events alludes to some kind of dispute with William over a car.

UPDATE: TMZ reports William Balfour has been taken into custody but not charged. Hudson's nephew, Julian, is still missing. Balfour is reportedly refusing to cooperate with police or supply information.

next: Get into the Halloween Spirit!
Aundra October 25, 2008, 1:04 PM

My
heart goes out to you Jennifer, and your family. I can’t say I know how you feel because I don’t. I lost my Mom some years ago and all I can say is put your trust in God not in man, and he will see you through. I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless you

Yours Truly Aundra

Me! October 25, 2008, 2:07 PM

How devestating and sad. I’m praying for you and your family Jennifer and hope you get answers for all of this.

Kelly H. October 25, 2008, 3:12 PM

My heart goes out to Jennifer and her family. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope they find her nephew soon.

PHYLLIS MACKEY October 25, 2008, 4:23 PM

MAY GOD WALK WITH YOU IN YOUR TIME OF SORROW

Raquel Hawkins October 25, 2008, 4:30 PM

Jennifer, I send my condolence to both you and your family. I know that God’s truth will prevail regarding whoever committed this evil and senseless act of cruelty; because that’s the kind of God we serve. If you have questions and want to know “WHY” ask God. I know some say you shouldn’t question God but how will you get your answers if you don’t; man nor pastors can always answer questions so we have to go to God who is the creator of all things. Jennifer I am praying that God will give an extra auction of strength, just lean and depend on him and continue to put your trust in him. Hold on to your memories because nothing and nobody can take them away. I will continue to keep you and your family lifted in prayer not just today but everyday.

God Bless you,
Raquel Hawkins, of Rochester,N.Y.

DiamondJ October 25, 2008, 8:17 PM

My heart goes out to you The Hudson family during this difficult time.

Roz October 25, 2008, 9:07 PM

Jennifer may God wrap his loving arms around you and your family in the comfort of his Love and May you find sure peace somehow through this horrible event in your life. No Weapon formed against us shall prosper.
I pray for you!!! Be Blessed!!!!

swc2008 October 26, 2008, 12:36 AM

I feel your pain Jennifer. I am so sorry for you. I am praying for you and your family.

Kelley October 26, 2008, 12:55 AM

GOD IS ABLE! My prayers and condolences go out to Jennifer and her entire family. At a time when her career is taking off, this is such a terrible tragedy. Stay strong Jennifer. I hope that your nephew is found and safely returned to the family. GOD BLESS YOU!

Foxy Flo October 26, 2008, 1:10 AM

Jennifer
God knows all about it, and he will take away your pain. Just put your hand in HIS hand and he will see you through.GODS SPEED

Maysa October 26, 2008, 3:25 AM

May God bless you Jennifer,be strong. we all will be praying for you.

pmaycox October 26, 2008, 3:45 AM

I am in shock at the senseless murder or two human beings and the missing 7 year child. I have watched and enjoyed Jennifer’s professional journey since her first exposure on “American Idol” and am so sadden by this crisis. My prayers are with her and herfamily at this time.

dolapo omotola October 26, 2008, 7:22 PM

this is really sad.jennifer, God is your strength He will meet you at this time of your need.take heart it is well.we love you and will keep praying for you.

CJ October 27, 2008, 12:12 AM

Jennifer, may the Love of the Lord be with you during this storm in your life.
Turst in him he will see you throught. Remember he is your strength. May God Bless you and your family.

Tre from ATL October 27, 2008, 7:10 AM

Jennifer, My deepest Sympathy goes out to you and the Family during this time of sorrow. May GOD Bless you in this time of need. Be Blessed !!

chanelle  October 27, 2008, 11:39 AM

i hope that yawl catch the killer and find your nephew when i herd it i almost broke down crying because it was like i could feel your pain sorry for your lost

xoxoxo chanelle

lashondra young October 27, 2008, 12:39 PM

HI JENNIFER.I KNOW EVERYTHING NOT GOING FINE RIGHT NOW BUT,I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU BE STRONG.IF U BELIEVE IN GOD EVERYTHING GONNA WORK OUT JUST FINE.TELL YOUR SISTER TO BE STRONG AND WHOEVER GOT HER SON GONNA BRING HIM BACK.ONE OF YUOR ROLE MODEL NA YOUNG

Shawn October 28, 2008, 9:29 AM

Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about the lost of your mother and brother. I pray that your nephew will be found unharmed. I pray for healing in your family. May GOD comfort you and give you peace and guidance through it all. Remember to always keep GOD first in your life and he will see you through. Even through the next fews weeks it will be hard just remember to stay forever prayerful. God has an all seeing eye. God knows.

Vengeance is mine saith the LORD. Peace be within your walls.
Its in his word.
Math 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
II Corinth 1: 3 & 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and GOD of all comfort,
Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort thoses who are in any trouble , with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by GOD.
Psalms 121: 1, 2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
I had 5 death in my family in the last six years and some were tragedies and keeping GOD first in my life he has kept me and still keeping me. No one came to tell me it was time for them to go. Trust GOD.

SEXY RED October 28, 2008, 2:11 PM

thus messed up whoeva do dis should PAY!!

LITA October 28, 2008, 5:55 PM

I KEEP GETIN THIS CHILL THREW ME THAT I WON’T FORGET WHEN I HEARD WHAT HAPPEN. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I AM PRAYING FOR YOU. MY FATHER DIE ON MY B-DAY & I THINK ABOUT IT EVERYDAY SISTER WE ARE ALL GOD CHILDREN!!! SO I THOUGHT ABOUT IT I SAID WHO DID THIS I WISH THEY WERE DEAD BUT I LOVE MYSELF & GOD!! SO YOU NO WHAT YOU HAVE PRAYED AND ASK GOD TO FORGIVE WHOEVER DID THIS. I AM PRAYIN FOR YOU & I LOVE YOU & GOD,YOUR FAN’S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!