Jon and Kate: Splitting Up?!

The parents of eight spoke to "Good Housekeeping" about the strain on their marriage, being famous and having five sons-in-law one day.

jon and kate and their family on 4th of july

Kate and Jon Gosselin, stars of the hit TLC show, "Jon & Kate Plus 8," have a new book out called "Multiple Blessings." The couple sat down with "GH" and revealed juicy tidbits about their life. Kate says people often ask if she and husband Jon are splitting up because they see them arguing on TV. To that she replies, "Never! He's the only one who's been by my side through all of this." She also reveals that until their kids turned two, she hadn't really accepted that she had a family with both twins and sextuplets.

When asked about what life will be like when the kids grow up, Jon said, "I suddenly realized that I'm going to have five son-in-laws." Yikes!

The issue comes out in November.

Bluebell Madonna and mom, Spice Girl Geri Halliwell Gwyneth Paltrow and Apple Brad Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt
Celebrity Baby Names: Love It or Not? Celebrity Babies Celebs At Play: Posing or Playing?

next: The Week from Hell
praying4baby#2 October 7, 2008, 2:21 PM

These people annoy me!! They only care about publicity!

Susan Heim October 7, 2008, 3:55 PM

I believe their book is called “Multiple Bles8ings.” I will be reviewing it on TwinsTalk soon!

Anonymous October 7, 2008, 6:44 PM

I love the Gosselin Family! I admire a show that captures a real family and a real marriage. Their day to day adventures are a fun to watch and makes me laugh out loud…the kids are so funny!

a. October 7, 2008, 6:54 PM

way to be misleading with the title, yet again, MomLogic. so annoying!
also, Jon’s comment cracks me up… five sons-in-law… that’s if all your daughters get married! and/or end up straight… I’d never assume my kids are all going to get married.

Erin Nichole Garcia October 7, 2008, 7:48 PM

This is my first visit to the site, and I agree with the previous post. Very misleading title for this article. I know you want people to read articles posted on your site, but maybe you could attract us with positive truthful titles.

ThinkAboutIt October 8, 2008, 1:45 AM

“These people annoy me!! They only care about publicity!”

If you have that many young children, would you pass up the opportunity to make enough money to be able to take care of all your family’s needs? Doubt it.

Tiffany October 8, 2008, 6:20 AM

Would people have more respect for them if they went of public assistance because in this economy with 8 children and 2 full time (very good paying) jobs probably still wouldn’t be enough money to support themselves.They figured out a way to earn money and it’s the viewers choice to watch or not.And I would like this site more if they didn’t pull people in with misleading story lines.

Becca October 8, 2008, 8:15 AM

I think John and Kate plus 8 need more then a reality check! They are so annoying and i don’t watch their show. What bugs me is when TLC constantly plays marathons of their show. I watched one show and that was plenty to last my entire life! Don’t they got anything else to show on TLC! Mmmmmm…..maybe they could show lots of bringing home baby and birthing shows instead! I don’t know I’d rather watch Little people bigger world too! At least they are short and entertaining!LOL I just hope Kate shuts her whole and try’s at some point to be a better mom to her 8 kids!Her kids deserve more then celebrity lives. After all she doesn’t want her girls to end up like the Olson twins I hope! Long story short I hate John and Kate plus 8 and wish they get taken off the air permanently!

Becca October 8, 2008, 8:19 AM

Thinkaboutit, “i would pass the opportunity to make that much money for the safety of my children and them having a normal life not in the spot light! Not to mention its a poor excuse to say I have lots of kids and that’s why they are out of line! I drove buses with 90 kids on them and was expected to keep all the kids in line and sitting in their seats. It is possible to keep 8 children behaving if she got some training perhaps and toke being a mom seriously!”

Becca October 8, 2008, 8:24 AM

Oh then their is the fact that family’s have lots of kids every day and don’t have them all at once! You don’t see these family’s getting help like this becasue they have 8 or 10 children! Personally I feel family’s like the Duggers are insane! Who am I to say how many children a family can have if they can raise them without assistance from anyone or the government! I have no problem with large family’s if they can keep a good running family with out getting everyone and their mom to raise their kids like John and Kate plus 8!

Sarah October 8, 2008, 1:19 PM

Jon and Kate didnt ASK to have sextuplets..it just happened! Most people have twins, maybe triplets..and they have to make money to support them. And who are you to say that Kate is a bad mom? She loves her children, cooks, feeds, and cleans for them, shows the tons of love and attention to each one, and is pretty effective at disciplining them. That’s a whole lot better than mom’s with only one or two kids! And about them being in the spotlight…it is not like their kids are acting or in movies..it is a show about their lives, which they have been doing their whole lives so they don’t know any different! That is a lot less stress than being a young actress in Hollywood-so I highly doubt they are going to end up like Lindsay Lohan or the Olsen twins! Think before you speak.

Gloria October 8, 2008, 11:40 PM

I just caught the show tonight on TLC, I at first thought that they adopted the children. I then put two and two together with the picture on this web site of her carrying the 6 babies. Well first off I would have to say God Bless them for having the courage to let Gods plan work. It takes lots of guts when your like “and what part of this do I not understand”? It has to be daunting at best to wake up and know you are responsible for 8 kids. I would want help from neighbors/family/friends how ever it could be arranged. There is no way I would be equipped to even begin to know how to care and keep up. They are proof that it could be done, but I would think that many of the things they have are some how tied into community and non for profit and many things given to this wonderful couple. I would hope that they are focused on raising their kids,with what ever decision they come up with. But still carry on with one another, so the kids know that they weren’t the cause.

Shiela October 9, 2008, 5:35 AM

People… Please if you guys nothing to do with them, leave them alone! I watch the show and nothing wrong, it’s the way of life and everyone is different. Having 8 kids was a big job for them so PLEASE.. give them some credit.

FOR KATE… Please be more respectfull with your husband and try not to be too perfect.. other than that, continue what your doing great family! I adore John for being so supportive and good father

G October 31, 2008, 8:09 AM

I don’t know why some people are so judgemental about Jon and Kate. It is what it is and live and let live. They are blessed to have their children no matter how many or how few. It can’t be easy, but they are doing the best they know how whether the rest of us agree or not. What’s right for them, may not be what’s right for someone else, but it’s the way it is and they are dealing with it. Soon all the sextuplets will also be in school and they will have a break during the day, from each other, but I bet they’ll all miss each other during school hours when they aren’t together. You gotta give them credit for being able to do what they do. I can’t imagine having that much responsibility. But they are blessed. Everything happens for a reason, and what is… must have been meant to be.
They are making the best of it, regarding what suits “their” family.

Kiki January 29, 2009, 1:48 PM

Five son-in-laws? In this day of age, who says these girls won’t turn out to be lesbians? If I had that many siblings, I don’t know how many children I would want myself. lmao

Anonymous February 2, 2009, 1:24 PM

Bet he has to tie a roof joist across his back to keep from falling in that thing..

Monkeymun March 12, 2009, 5:40 PM

J&K+8 should not stop their show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous March 18, 2009, 9:50 AM

When Kate went to NY to have her free tummy tuck, I heard the dr’s wife mention that she & Kate are going to get together annually - wonder if this has ever happened? Kate never mentions it anymore.

Anonymous March 18, 2009, 9:56 AM

The sextuplets are so adorable, but Maddy is absolutley mean and hateful on the show. She’s always throwing fits and throwing things around the hous and gets away with it. She needs a good talking to or good spanking. She’s turning out to be like her mom.

Anonymous March 19, 2009, 6:46 PM

Let them live there lives…