Judge Sets Casey Anthony Trial

This morning, the mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony stood in court to accept official charges and a trial date of January 5, 2009.

This morning Judge Strickland officially charged Casey Anthony with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators in the case of her missing daughter Caylee.

No one was present for the arraignment because Casey entered a written "Not guilty" plea on October 17.

The arraignment lasted about one minute, and Judge Strickland set Casey's pretrial date to December 11 at 9 a.m. Her trial is scheduled to begin January 5, 2009 at 9:30 a.m.

Anthony will remain in the Orange County jail on no bond.

Despite this news, the Texas based group Equusearch will announce where they will set up their command post. The group is scheduled to continue their search for the missing toddler on November 8. They will have the help of bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who helped post Casey's initial $500,000 bond.

Watch the judge formally arraign Casey Anthony on murder charge:

next: Win the ML Gal to Gal Gift Bag
Helen B. October 28, 2008, 1:53 PM

I have listened to the plans for trial and have considered this carefully. That is a while from now, enough time for other things to come forth in this case that may affect the outcome.
Along with everyone else, I pray this little child will be found prior to the trial date. Hopefully before more deterioration in order for forensic science to determine the cause of her death. And, she is dead. Mommie Dearest made sure of that. She did not want the responsibility of a child, she wanted to party and the baby stood in her way. Maybe she might want to think how the baby got here, it was through a party of another type and it was her God given responsibilty to care for her before and after her birth. She failed on both counts, no changing that. If she had one ounce of decency left in her whole body, she would inform where the childs body can be found and give her the benefit of being laid to a proper rest. She no longer has to care for her, she can do as she can and I pray that what she can do is absolutely nothing! She should have to look at photos of Caylee twenty four hours a day until what sanity she has is totally gone. She should be monitored at every move and not allowed to co-mingle with other inmates or have any contact with outside stimulus. Stick her in a cell by herself, no t.v, no radio or reading material. Wake her each time she closes her eyes. Show her the consequences of what she has done. But, nobody here has to do that, it will be handled by God, he knows where Caylee is and I have faith that it will be disclosed soon. She can not hide from what she has done, nor can she get away with this in any fashion. She has no sympathy from me now or will she ever. I raised my own children, God gave them to me and I took care of them, no partys, no wild weekends, no built in babysitters. My children, my job and I gladly did it. I do not care what her reasons are, there is no excuse even if it is thought accidental. No such thing as this could have happened, it was intentional and she should suffer the ultimate penalty. Let me sit on that jury!!!

Becky October 28, 2008, 2:46 PM

I really hope Casey will take this all in and realize the importance of finding her daughters body. She need to let Caylee come home and be put to rest properly.

D Jones October 28, 2008, 3:17 PM

Casey doesn’t care a whit about peace for Caylee and closure, unfortunately. That’s for real, non-sociopathic people.
One thing I am curious about; one of the Florida news channels said the trial date was moved from Feb. to Jan. at the request of the state, and not the defense. I thought that it was to the advantage of the defense to have a speedier trial(?)

ES October 28, 2008, 6:07 PM

Indeed, Casey couldn’t give a hoot about Caylee’s final resting place, it’s ALL about HER, at least in her wicked mind.
And in this case, defense doesn’t have a snowflake’s chance in hell. Their strategy is to delay and attack.
Casey is done. She could have taken that limited immunity deal and done maybe 5 years.
Now, she is in for life. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person.
Her POS parents need to be next.

sara October 29, 2008, 6:31 PM

I wonder if casey thinks back to her purchases&stealing and thinks about how pointless it all was-she will never shop again-I bet this hurts her more than the loss of Cayley! What a waste of flesh she is-I hope she understands that none of it was worth it-what did she gain?what she deserves—absolutely nothing.

sharon November 2, 2008, 8:00 PM

i hope you cayley get what ever comeing to you. and ithank your whold famley should be look up intil they fine the child i got kaylee in my prays
if you dint whant the child you should of give that child up i pray that you get whats comeing to you

Ester November 3, 2008, 5:48 PM

I hope they televise the trial, it will be very interesting to see what casey’s defense lawyers have to say.

Dee November 4, 2008, 3:46 PM

Is there a chance that the trial will be televised? I sure hope so, If it is I will watch every minute of it. I don’t think she will ever give up the burial place of Caylee. I think, she thinks, if she says nothing, they can’t convict her of anything!
Surprise, surprise!!!!

Anonymous January 10, 2009, 1:22 PM

People want to have a baby so bad, you had a beutiful baby girl and Caylee had a monster for a mom. You don`t deserve the time of day. So spend the rest of your sorry butt locked away from everything and everyone. To the crasies out there you support her with your money. What about Caylee

Jennifer July 1, 2009, 11:49 PM

Hey. All that is human must retrograde if it does not advance.
I am from Kenya and , too, and now am writing in English, give please true I wrote the following sentence: “Therefore, vendors are always welcomed to the big pevely flea market.”

Thank you so much for your future answers :-). Jennifer.

Olesia September 4, 2009, 3:49 PM

Hi all. Where we have strong emotions, we’re liable to fool ourselves.
I am from Andorra and bad know English, give please true I wrote the following sentence: “Stores in civil rules have included the minimum bank of bring banks and capabilities as major calls of purchaser.”

Waiting for a reply :), Olesia.