Forget pirates and pumpkins ... this year, the kids are going slutty.
We brought you this story weeks ago, but so many have been complaining about this very topic, that we had to bring it back. Can you believe the costumes out there? It's easier than ever to dress your six-year-old in a skanky costume: almost all of them are revealing and sexy. Newsweek reports halter tops, bare midriffs, miniskirts and knee socks are what moms are finding when shopping for a costume for their girls, and we agree: "It seems almost on the verge of child pornography, they ooze with so much attitude."
A girl isn't an Army cadet, she's a 'Major Flirt,' and who knew that female firefighters wore fishnet stockings?! One mom we know mentioned that her tall tween can't even fit into these teensy numbers and ended up having to shop in the adult aisle. There she couldn't find a single "covered-up" costume. What is going on here? Are retailers just following pop culture, or are our girls growing up way too fast? Whatever your answer -- don't be surprised if an six-year-old dominatrix shows up at your door!
1. If your daughter is under 16, do not purchase a costume you do not approve of. She won't be happy, but she'll get over it.2. If she is over 16, negotiate on how sexy to dress. She may want a micro mini skirt and you want ankle length--compromise with right above the knee. Allow her one sexy item versus an entire costume.
3. Be aware of your own clothing choices -- your daughter is paying close attention. If you dress much younger than your age, don't be surprised if your teen dresses more provocatively than hers.
5. Ask your daugher to explain how her sexy costume corresponds to
her actual behavior. Does it send the message that she is available
sexually? Is she even aware this is what boys might assume?
4. Ask your daughter how she feels when she dresses in a sexy costume. Why does she display so much skin? Really listen ... even if you don't like what you hear.
6. Have her father -- or another man she trusts/respects -- talk with her about how boys view girls who dress overtly sexy (slutty, bimbo, airhead, material, etc) He should emphasize the 'sexiness' of subtlety and leaving something to the imagination.
|27 Slutty Prom Dresses||Be Naughty on Halloween||Cute Costumes|