Bristol Palin's Baby Daddy Speaks

Hear what this dad-to-be has to say.

Levi Johnston

The Palin kids might be off-limits for the press, but that isn't stopping their boyfriends from talking to the media. Levi Johnston, the soon-to-be-son-in-law of the Sarah Palin sideshow, sat down with the Associated Press to set the record straight.

First order of business: there's no shotgun wedding in the works. He's happy he's getting hitched to his 17-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Bristol. As for that infamous MySpace page where he described himself as a "redneck" and pledged "I don't want kids" -- he says it was a joke his friends hashed up.

"I'm looking forward to having him [the baby]," he said. "I'm going to take him hunting and fishing. He'll be everywhere with me." Him? Now we know!

It's true, Bristol's pregnancy was a surprise, but it didn't phase the Wasilla hockey star. "We were planning on getting married a long time ago with or without the kid," he said. Last July, he went hunting and lost a promise ring Bristol gave him. Rather than replace it, he tattooed her name on his finger so he wouldn't have to bother with rings anymore. The details of their summer wedding are still sketchy, but some of his hockey teammates will be in the wedding party.

While his future mother-in-law is feverishly working the campaign trail in an attempt to keep John McCain's failing election bid from imploding entirely, Johnston has dropped out of school to take a job in the North Slope oil fields. "I'm still the same old boy," he said. "I'm just a workin' man."

next: Think Your Kid is Healthy? Ha!
Pam October 19, 2008, 1:46 AM

I hear ya Lori! I would hate to see her if something like that happened in her life, it would upset her perfect world, talk about a brick wall!Some people choose to wear blinders because they can’t face reality. Thank God I’m not one of them and I never take anything for granted.Parenting is the hardest job, it doesn’t come with a hand book of instructions, you do what you feel is best, and the best thing to do is to ignore ignorance because this isn’t a perfect world, and realize no matter how you raise your kids things happen, that’s what you call life. I applaud your daughter for her standing her ground and doing what she thought best and not letting the ignorance of others bring her down, it probably made her stronger.

Lori M October 19, 2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks Pam :) It is nice to know there are good and compassionate people still left out there.
What I know is that in life you go through trials for a reason and those who choose to learn from them are blessed. I have had a very hard life, one horrific trial after the next, but thnakfully I’m still here. My family are survivors. And I wake up everyday and thank God for being so blessed with the knowledge that I have obtained from these trials. Because without suffering there is a lack of understanding which ultimately leads to JUDGMENT.
Anyway, I wish Levi and Bristol lots of love and happiness and I pray that their little boy will do great things in life. He will have wonderful parents GRANDPARENTS. Who knows, one day he could be the Governor of Alaska :)

Jane October 20, 2008, 2:32 PM

Its great that he wants to marry her… but they are SO YOUNG!!!!

Mary B October 21, 2008, 5:25 PM

To Lori M.,

America fully supports your right to: marry a man, attend church, pray and not have an abortion. As a non-Christian, I respectfully request the right to follow my own beliefs as long as I don’t not violate the rights or property of other citizens. As for your comment about Barack Obama “He will take money from those who work hard and give to those who don’t.” Have you checked out the 750 billion dollar bail out and the CEO bonuses? I think the current administration has done a fine job of taking money from those who work hard and giving it to those who don’t.

Lori M October 22, 2008, 1:03 PM

Mary B apparently you don’t understand that Barack Obama is part of the CURRENT administration. Here is some info for you: Barack Obama’s Chief Economic Advisor’s are Frankling Raines and also Tim Howard. Those two along with Jim Johnson who is Senator Obama’s Finance Advisor. Let me give you the scoop on these wonderful advisor’s to Senator Obama. Franklin Raines-Former chairman, CEO of Fannie Mae. Forced to retire when auditing done at Fannie Mae revealed severe irregularities in Fannie Mae’s accounting activities. Raines left Fannie Mae with $240 million in benefits. Tim Howard-Chief finanacial officer, who failed to provide adequate oversight to key control & reporting functions with Fannie Mae. Howard’s golden parachute was estimated at $20 million when he was forced to resign. Jim Johnson-a former executive of Lehman Brothers & who was later also forced to resign his position as Fannie Mae CEO. In a Government report done in 2006, mismanagement & corruption were found inside Fannie Mae. Johnson’s golden parachute was estimated at $28 million. Ok, again, let me remind you that these are now Senator Obama’s Economic and Finance Advisors. I really hope people like being poor because these guys will not be “spreading the wealth around”.

Pharmk299 April 6, 2011, 11:18 AM

Hello! fdegeek interesting fdegeek site!