Chubby Child Sings Cupcake Song

Check out this YouTube viral sensation of a boy lipsyncing a song all about cupcakes. Is it super cute or super sad?

next: Win It: Hot Mama Political T-Shirts
khalicoe October 25, 2008, 1:03 PM

If the parents of this little boy aren’t doing something about his obesity, they are sending him into a life of hell. This is a tragic disservice to him and my prayers are with him.

Kara October 25, 2008, 1:34 PM

I agree khalicoe. I understand that some people are predisposed to obesity and that it is always a fight against their genetic makeup but honestly this is terrible! Yes, the kids is cute and all but his parents need to be concerned. And this is not about his looks this is about his HEALTH!! At that age, to be so overweight, what kind of health problems is he going to face for the rest of his life even when he does lose the weight???

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 1:46 PM

I think it’s totally fake.

birdsfly October 25, 2008, 1:48 PM

this just makes me really sad.

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 2:51 PM

Ok, not that it is the point, but the song is not all about cupcakes…I guess they needed a catchy intro line.

I am concerned for this boy. I think that even if he is genetically predisposed to obesity, his parents probably need to start changing his eating habits and introducing a fun exercise program. I mean just playing outdoors an hour a day is good exercise. I believe that tv, video games and computers are alot of the reason there is an obesity epidemic amoung young people. They no longer go out and play and run and jump and ride bikes. That and the rise in working parents that just buy fast food b/c there is no time to cook. My 2 y/o likes fruit just as much as candy so I offer her healthy snacks. It is hard growing up overweight and the older you get the harder it is to lose the weight. But, it is important that the parents are involved in instilling proper eating habits and healthy lifestyles.

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 2:52 PM

I think the little boys chubby cheeks are super cute, but he is going to have major health issues with him being so overweight so young.

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 4:37 PM

What a little chunker

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 4:48 PM

Actually if you are looking at him closely he appears to have some type of health issue, like a kidney problem or something, his appearence is actually swollen and not fat. what is wrong with you people?

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 10:40 PM

I think it’s cute. The kid has a sense of humor.

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 11:25 PM

My sister was huge at his age and it was because she had to take prednazone for her health - it made her cheeks look just like his…so give him (and his family) a break, he could actually be quite ill. My sister is now 5’7” and about 125. :)

mary October 26, 2008, 7:44 PM

It’s super-sad for me…whether he is sick and taking prednisone or whether he is just simply quite obese, I think it’s a ‘super sad’ rating for me. Cute kid, and he did a great job, but it’s obvious his health is suffering for one reason or another.

ShellyKP October 27, 2008, 2:30 AM

This little boy looks very much like the young boy who was on the most recent episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. That little boy had leukemia and is swollen. Not fat!

Is it the same child?

Anonymous November 2, 2008, 3:18 AM

This kids parents are sick. who would expose thier obese child like that online. I feel bad for the kid when gets to high school. time to make the kid work mom and dad, and lay off the twinkies kid

BornAgain November 2, 2008, 9:19 AM

It’s amazing how someone sets the tone for conversation, and, everyone else follows. Everyone should just chill, and see the video for what it was meant to be.
Incredibly Cute!! He’s a shoe-in for most commercials and children films. The parents should get this child a promoter.

Nathanael November 21, 2008, 4:27 PM

This child’s name is Sam, and he suffers from a rare kidney disease that requires he take steroids. These have stunted his growth, among other things, and this is why he appears to be obese. (It could be mostly water weight.)

Please check out this new youtube of Sam:

“On November 13th, 2008, I had the pleasure of meeting Sam, the adorable boy who did a lip-syncing rendition of my Cuppycake song.

The show, “The Doctors” saw the video of him on YouTube, and wanted to have him on their show. They tracked Sam down, and found out that he lives in Alaska with his parents and siblings.

He has a rare kidney condition, and takes steroids to keep him alive. The steroids have stunted his growth, resulting in his chubbier appearance.

Sam and his mother Angie flew all the way from Alaska to be on “The Doctors.” They’re going to put him in touch with the best doctors to try to find an alternative medicine to help him get better.

Sam is an extremely intelligent young man. We spent our time talking about video games, and youtube. He’s seen some of the not so nice comments on his video, and they’re tough for him to read. He hopes that people won’t judge him before knowing his story.

“You’re My Honeybunch” (The Cuppycake Song)
Vocal by Amy Castle at age 3
Lyrics and music by Judianna Castle
© 1994 and 2008 Amy J. Music
www.cuppycake.com

Em November 23, 2008, 4:22 AM

actually, he has a kidney disorder, and the medicine make his face like that.
so i’m glad a bunch of adults who are sitting safely behind a computer screen can wag their fingers about “childhood obesity” and continue ripping on a little kid. i hope you all feel really good about yourselves.

Dan November 27, 2008, 3:08 PM

Are you all that stupid? His face is that way because of the medication he is on. Wow, read about his life before you go and judge him and his family. Idiots.

tracy December 1, 2008, 11:07 AM

What is sad is that this little boy was just doing something fun and cute and that some people can be so cruel to write things on all these sites about him and his family. How dumb and cruel. Sam isn’t overweight. It is a side effect of a medicine he needs to be on….but what if it was that he was overweight..what kind of people sit back and say those things about kids. I have a name for them.

Anonymous December 1, 2008, 12:06 PM

I would like to defend the parents, my niece was born with some health issues and because of medicines she gained an enormous amount of weight and is now obese, she is 9 and before you attach the parents make sure you know what your talking about!! way to make a kid feel even worse about his weight by blaming his parents.

charles asselin December 1, 2008, 12:31 PM

my son was also diagnosed with a kidney disease and had the same effects. Nephrotic syndrome causes you to flush protein out of your system allowing water to flow through your veins and get stored in the cells of your body. the way they treat this disease is to use steroids which also cause your cheeks to puff. it is a very emotionally disturbing disease for children and thier parents and my prayers go out to the family and sam.

our son has responded to the steriod treatment and now is in remission. we delt with looks from other people and family members during the last year so i definately know how his parents feel. i would love for my son to meet others with his disease so he can see he is not alone.