Palin to Appear on Saturday Night Live Tonight

Sarah Palin and Tina Fey

Set your TiVos! Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has confirmed she will appear on this weekend's broadcast of "Saturday Night Live." A John McCain campaign spokeswoman, Jill Hazelbaker, confirmed Palin's participation.

The host of the show will be Josh Brolin, who plays President George W. Bush in director Oliver Stone's new movie, "W." Let's just hope Tina Fey shows up, too!

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Want to Lose Weight? Eat a Banana (or Four)
mary October 18, 2008, 12:38 PM

I hope she does well. I also hope that Momlogic will cover the little-known-news story that is not being covered by major media (I only happened to see it in a Kansas newspaper after doing quite a bit of searching for it)— that the Secret Service investigated the “kill him” threats that were reportedly shouted at two Palin rallies. Turns out that “kill him” was never shouted at the first one at all, and at the second one, the reporter said that it was while Palin was speaking but actually the shout was heard during someone else’s speech at the rally AND that the audio revealed that it was not “kill him” but either “tell him” or “tell them”. Many people were interviewed and no one mis-took it for “Kill him”—only the one reporter. My point is, that Palin was being slammed for “not doing anything about it” at the rallies, however, the Secret Service investigation found that these statements were never said. But is anyone reporting about this? No. The media would rather perpetuate a certain image about Palin. Yes, shouts of terrorist and traitor were heard on the audio but that does not mean that Palin herself heard them clearly. I’ve done some public speaking and I have not been able to tell “what” is said. I can hear things and I can hear the tone, but I can’t make out what is being said because my mind is concentrating on my speech. Also, Obama’s rallies have had fringe people shouting out negative statements about women. This happened during the primary race against Hilary, and it’s getting to an even worse level now with Palin in the VP running.

I’d really like to see momlogic dig up some of the information about the recent SS investigation and feature that news story, to help provide both sides of the story. America prides itself on choice, but if the media is choosing what to put through and what not to put through, then it’s a disservice to the citizens of America.

Anyway, I’ll un-hijack this thread and say again, that I really hope that Palin does well. She seems like a good sport and Tina Fey’s impressions are so funny… I can’t wait to see what they both do tonight!

Zeke October 18, 2008, 6:23 PM

Mary, you are so far off on this one. The Secret Service did investigate and it “KILL HIM” was shouted. The Secret Service, in a release let it be known that the matter could not be substantiated because there were no cameras which may have captured the person in the act of shouting it. Please stop regurgitating right wing bull on here and give us the facts. Every major cable news network has mentioned what I just said. By the way, I am from Pennsylvania I saw these right wing crazies walking into that McCain/Palin rally with Monkeys and Dolls. I live in a reality based world, in fact most of us do. You should join!

mary October 18, 2008, 8:07 PM

Wow Zeke, have you done a search for the news articles on this in the last day or so? Because if you do, then you will find some articles that are reporting the fact that they concluded their investigation and they did not say “Kill him”.

And so maybe you’ve seen the **** t-shirts at the Obama rallies then, too? My point is that of course, we should not tolerate the crazies at EITHER rally—McCain or Obama’s. But if you go back to the primary’s, you will see that there was a lot of criticism for Obama not speaking out against the women-hating comments, too. I am giving both candidates parties the benefit of the doubt, and I suspect of course, that they all condemn these fringe crazies…again, both parties have them, and both parties have missed opportunities to speak out against them. But that doesn’t mean they condone their actions/words.

Here are some excerpts from one article excerpts that you CAN find if you search…

The Times Leader in Northeast Pennsylvania reported October 16 that allegations of “kill him” comments directed at Barack Obama at a Sarah Palin rally were unfounded, according to the Secret Service agent in charge at the Scranton, Pennsylvania field office. The incident had allegedly taken place at a rally on October 14.

According to the Times Leader story, the allegation was reported initially in The Scranton Times-Tribune by reporter David Singleton. The story was then picked up by multiple mainstream media outlets, “…including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann….”

The Secret Service agent, identified as Bill Slavoski, stated “…he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.” “I was baffled,” Slavoski said.

The Times Leader reported that the Secret Service conducted an investigation after the initial report, “…and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.” The investigation included “…more than 20 non-security agents…from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex.”

Zeke October 19, 2008, 12:17 AM

I hear where you are coming from and I believe you are getting your research from what we Pennsylvanians refer to as the “T”. The part of the state that is super conservative. Liberal Pennsylvania consists of Philadelphia and the immediate 5 counties as well as Pittsburgh. The news stories you have are from those more conservative areas of the state. Therefore, I expect it to be somewhat slanted, I for one know what I heard at that rally and I know what I have seen at others, in the Keystone State. I will say this, you have a good point about not tolerating the crazies, they make us all look bad. And on that front I do agree with you, but I must say, the racial divide in this country is staggering and disturbing. I never knew how bad it could be!

Janice October 19, 2008, 2:07 AM

I wouldnt be surprised if that hateful comment was shouted. Talk about bias media….if you can stomach it, you should look on Gretawire. Her blog topic headlines and her slanted reporting was shocking to me. What was even worse are the people who comment on her blog. Really vicious hateful things going to the worst extremes. Pretty darn scary those right wingers have become.

Kristie October 20, 2008, 9:49 AM

I have a friend who continues to forward me information on the McCain Campaign that is full of negative nasty things. I told her to stop sending me e-mails and she actually tried to defend the e-mails saying they were not negative or hateful. I wonder how many of these people propogating hate think they are doing something else? THAT is scary.