Naomi Watts: Pregnant Biker Chick

One famous - and expecting - mom takes a dangerous ride on the streets.

We were pretty stunned to come across this photo of a very pregnant Naomi Watts riding on the back of a motorcycle with baby daddy Liev Schreiber. Thankfully she is wearing a helmet and sensible shoes, but considering the casual way she's leaning back on the bike, she doesn't seem too concerned about falling off - or about the safety of their baby.

Is this any different than Britney driving her SUV with her five-month-old son Sean Preston sitting on her lap?

Naomi, you're a role model. What are you doing?

next: The Surprise of a Lifetime
amanda October 17, 2008, 1:35 PM

R u freakin’ kidding me??? I own a bike and so does my husband. I would never ever ride it if I was pregnant!! Then again she is riding a Vespa….lol those aren’t even “real” motorcycles!!

anon October 17, 2008, 1:36 PM

Maybe Liev needed the lumbar support.

stgmomof2 October 17, 2008, 1:42 PM

Absolutly nothing wrong with this…..seriously….it’s a freakin mo-ped,people are waaaay too cautious nowadays. Besides, maybe she’s trying to help mother nature along, maybe hit a speedbump and pop out the baby…lol

Donielle @ Raising Peanuts October 17, 2008, 3:52 PM

Yea, it’s a moped. Although I chose not to ride ours when I got pregnant, it was also because we only travel 55mph roads, not slower city streets. As to her being to casual, it doesn’t actually take much holding on to stay on a bike.

Erin October 17, 2008, 4:05 PM

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this. I rode a regular bicycle when I was pregnant, there is not a huge difference. I think it’s great that they are wearing helments.

Me, myself and me October 18, 2008, 12:06 PM

Are you kidding? THIS is the kind of thing that involves attention? You could have found better things to write an artile about. How about the recent death of a five year old boy in Florida after his grandmother let him ride on her lap while driving the car and hit something, deploying the airbag and killing him and critically injuring herself. Please, find better newsworthy stuff.

Tammy  October 18, 2008, 12:07 PM

She doesn’t look like she’s leaning back to me, if she leaned forward she wouldn’t fit exactly, would she? If you know what you’re doing, you don’t fall off the back, plain and simple. She has her arms behind her to hang on to the seat.

Shelley October 20, 2008, 1:33 PM

Wow. I’d say that seems a tad unsafe! What was she thinking?